Guest viewing is limited

THR Shopping Trips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for the "sock" info, I will look for them when I get out to the store. Your boys and the snow look like a lot of fun. Hang in there, we will get out, spring is coming.
 
I hope you didn't think I was being in any way judgemental in regards yor decision.


No Dave I didn't take it in that way at all, I know other people ski and resume all kinds of other activities post op., .......was just trying to put my 'cautiousness' into perspective. :doggieshmooze:
 
Hi Lisa,

We've had no snow in Scotland (boo!) just freezing fog.

I'm like you - I get nervous walking in ice and snow. You have to look after your new parts!
 
Hey Lisa,

Thinking of you and hoping all is well. How are you?
 
I'm great thanks Diane for asking- today it is one year since I found Bonesmart!

I've got some very low key exercises to do from my physio. He did a strength test on my legs, not sure exactly what it means but there was over 11kg difference in my legs, my right exerted almost 18kg of 'pressure' and my left was almost 7kg....he says we have to build up the strength really slowly.

It's the half term holidays and we've been away to London at the weekend. We had a trip to the London Dungeons (fabulous) and the Science Museum - enormous! Lots of walking - it is such a novelty! I needed my folding stick but I actually walked so much over the two days I got sore feet! But absolutely no hip pain.:dancy:

I've got my mum to stay now so I'm hoping that we'll get a couple of shopping trips in!
 
Hi Lisa glad you enjoyed your trip to london the dungeons sound interesting, on the other hand shopping trips I am sure you and your mum will enjoy yourself.

Billy
 
Sounds wonderful, Lisa and no hip pain (yeah!). That's what we all go through this for hopefully. Have fun shopping with your mum.
 
Happy Anniversary:biggrin:

I remember being happy about having sore feet and not a horrible sore hip!

Of course some retail therapy should help those sore feet:th_heehee:

Have fun!!!
 
Having a lovely time with my mum visiting, we've managed a couple of shopping trips the past two afternoons. Not spent too much and managed to blag a few free samples at the beauty counters! Taking her out for a Greek Mezze menu tomorrow - yum :cheers_wine:
 
Wow Lisa - on to a new life. So happy to read your update! Enjoy!
 
Hello

I've been back to physio this afternoon after doing my prescribed exercises for 4 weeks. I'm pleased to say that there has been progress! :yay:It seems that there is hope regarding improving my Trendelenburg gait as the muscles have 'woken up'. He reiterated that it wouldn't be a quick process and my gait will never be perfect but I'm just pleased to see a development.

We have worked out another low key exercise that I can add into my daily life and I'm to go back in 6 weeks.

My new exercise is to step backwards and forwards with my good leg, taking the weight on THR foot, whilst clenching butt - concentrating on not 'tipping' over. At the moment I can only do it if I hold onto something e.g. kitchen worktop - the goal is to rely less on holding on as I get stronger.

I'm to continue butt clenching :snork: and my 'concentrating really hard to walk straight' as much as I can each day too.

My goal this month is to find a suitable swimming pool I can frequent to go back to my water exercises and swimming.
 
Some major progress for you Lisa. Who cares if you have to hold onto something for now. You'll get there! Well done!
 
Hi Lisa
Glad to hear things are improving especially your gait. The exercise you describe is exactly what my physio has me doing and I also have to hold on. I'm waiting also to let go. It will happen, just keep at it.
Best wishes
Jyoti
 
I did that exercise when I was relearning to walk after my hip fracture. (I was NWB for almost four months, so I had to learn to walk from the ground up, so to speak.) One day I just forgot to hang on. I didn't even realize I was doing it until the PT asked if I'd known that I could do that.

You're doing great, Lisa! You know, not everyone is strong enough to go through all of this. You are a fighter and I know you will continue to make good progress.
 
Lisa,
Your PT sounds like it is going great! I'm glad to hear your gait is improving....amazing when you realize one day, you're not wobbling all that much...YEAH:). Keep up the great work
Dee
 
Hi Lisa,

Missed you! Congratulations on improving with therapy that's always good to hear. With the swimming pool I keep procrastinating about going, it does sound good and I'm sure it's easier to move around, less stress on muscles.

Hope everything else is good with you!

xxooxx
 
Great news, Lisa!!! I'm thrilled for you.
 
Go fot it Lisa!!

My family shout "WALNUTS" at me if I start dipping....
You have to imagine holding a walnut between your buttocks and crack it if you can ..... it certainly makes you clench!! :th_heehee:
You can also practice "walnuting" sitting in your chair ...... if you feel so inclined!

all the best

Charlie
 
Hey Lisa

Keep working those glutes, takes a while to get them strong but well worth the effort. Greta idea to get back in the water too, i loved doing my hydro too :biggrin:

Best wishes paul
 
Hi Lisa,

Congratulations on the awakening of your gluteus muscles that is fantastic news and I hope your progress continues -- don't forget to make a video of the trendelenberg gait before it goes away......... :dancy:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom