Guest viewing is limited

THR Shopping Trips

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick check in for advice really.....I'm still suffering with discomfort in bed from the suspected iliopsoas tendonitis, it's affecting my ability to get comfortable. It's not as bad as it was initially and doesn't really bother me in the day, should I get the GP to check it out or is it still a reasonable time scale re recovery?
I'm not doing anything particularly make it any worse but stopped with the specific stretches when it stopped bothering me in the day. I'm seeing the physio on 7th Sept again but haven't really been good at those exercises either as I've been waiting for the discomfort to go. Is it a catch 22?:what:

On a more fun note - in anticipation of it all getting better at some point I purchased a pair of walking boots yesterday. So I am prepared for my next ramble in the countryside.

And Liz, I bet you spend ages pre op having your shopping trips limited due to hip pain? I know I did - years of making up to do on the shopping front! Not just the recovery period :th_heehee:
 
Hi Lisa, sorry about that problem. But Jo is right, a chiropractor can do wonders. Love your continuous shopping trips and high fashion boots:thumb:. I am working on those trips too.
 
Hallo, Lisa,

I'd just like to add my two penn'orth about the chiro. I am on a pattern of going to see our local group every 10 weeks. G made me go when I had had several incidents of spasms in the small of the small of the back, mostly down the left side. They were the sort that made me think long and carefully before making a trip to the bathroom, however urgent, and then only accompanied by grunts of agony and two sticks.

This has never happened since.

Obviously, now, however, this was the lead up to eventual collapse of my hip. The guy spotted the trouble on the introductory x-ray and suggested that there might be a need for a replacement in 4 or 5 years' time. 5 years later that is pretty much what happened.

The adjustments I now have keep away pains in the shoulder blades and neck and persuade my lower back not to go into spasm. So I agree with Jo and anybody else who has received benefit from chiropracters.

What I do not believe is some of the exaggerated claims that seem often to be made, such as adjusting part of the back and improving conditions like malfunctioning kidneys, hay fever, psoriasis, and so on.

I just don't.

Hope you can get help from whichever source, but the chiro might be worth a try, if you haven't already done so. Now I need somebody to persuade my wife to go. I can't.

All the best, Alan
 
Thanks for the advice. A colleague made the same recommendation last week and gave me some contact details. I will phone them tomorrow to see if they can fix me.Although, it doesn't get any worse with activity it's just 'there' when I'mlying in bed.

I went to a friends BBQ yesterday and we had a great party. We danced on the patio and I even did the 'TWIST'!!! I've danced several times now with no horrible after effects and it's just the best thing......just wish I was good at it :happy dance: I used to really miss dancing.
 
The twist? That's going back some, Lisa! :hysterical:
 
We had a golden oldies cd on.....had a good old sing a long too. Can't beat it. Although the neighbours might disagree.
 
Hi Lisa,
I would also recommend a Cranial Osteopath ( they do very gentle treatments) or even a Sports Therapist (make sure they are well qualified - so check them out beforehand, personal recommendation is best) as they do good soft-tissue work, and the psoas is soft tissue really. It also connects to your back, so they may do some work to alleviate back pain as well. I've had a tight psoas on my operated side for years and had loads of treatment and exercises prescribed, all of which have helped, but I hope this op will sort it out as I am sure because my hip wasn't articulating properly my psoas was compromised. Hope this is useful.
 
I am booked in for Fri afternoon with the chiropractor recommended by my colleague. She's sent me a questionnaire to fill in pre consultation....all kinds of questions including one about how I was born! e.g. forceps, ventouse etc... what's that all about???:what:

The past 2 days have been very uncomfortable, my lower back is playing up now. I suspect it's to do with my chair setting at work, as it gets worse throughout the day. The physio who assessed me for my 'special' chair (that hasn't yet arrived) set my current chair up the best way to suit me. I put a sticker on it saying 'Lisa's chair - please do not adjust' but while I was on annual leave someone has been in my office and if you could fiddle with a knob or lever it's been fiddled with! I've tried all kinds of adjustments but just can't get it back to how it was :cry:
 
Sorry Lisa. Can't the physio come back? Just a thought. Good luck on Friday. A good chiropractor can do wonders.
 
It's a theory in chiropractic that things like breech and forceps deliveries can cause spine, neck and pelvic problems throughout life. I wouldn't disagree with it - forceps deliveries always looked totally brutal to me! I often wonder if the same doesn't apply to calves and foals who are pulled out with ropes on their poor little leggies!
 
The physio who assessed me for my 'special' chair (that hasn't yet arrived) set my current chair up the best way to suit me. I put a sticker on it saying 'Lisa's chair - please do not adjust' but while I was on annual leave someone has been in my office and if you could fiddle with a knob or lever it's been fiddled with! I've tried all kinds of adjustments but just can't get it back to how it was :cry:

I hate this Lisa! I too had a special chair at work due to back problems. But every time I was out for any length of time someone would come along and play with it. :hissyfit:

Can you get physio to come back and help you set it up again?
 
Unfortunately the physio can't come back. She was visiting to so my assessment for my new fancy chair under the access to work scheme. It's unreal how quickly my back has deteriorated this week. By today it was very uncomfortable, aching, burning sensation..:....tight shoulders - you name it!! the poor chiropractor had a lot of notes to make.

had treatment from her......acupuncture in my butt, some stretching and pulling, a funny machine that sounded like a stapler and a pummelly type massage machine. it was weird pleasurable pain.

Anyway , I walked out feeling much better than I did when I walked in, quite a bit lighter in my purse too! She thinks I'll need several more sessions as there's lots of tightness.....
 
I know what you are going through. Unfortuately when you are having back issues just one very minor adjustment to your workstation can cause problems. Keep fiddling with the controls Lisa. You might be able to get it back to the right position. Can you google the chair manufacturer and get instructions for proper settings? Or just google ergonomic workstation. There are tons of sites.

What did you think of the acupunture? I have had it regularly and it does work for me. Some say it does nothing. :rolleyespink:
 
had treatment from her......acupuncture in my butt, some stretching and pulling, a funny machine that sounded like a stapler and a pummelly type massage machine. it was weird pleasurable pain.

Are you sure that done you any good :th_heehee: don't fancy anyone using a stapler on my bahookie. :loll:
 
Ha ha Billy, it wasn't s stapler- it just sounded like one.
I'll keep fiddling with the chair as I'm convinced that's what has caused this bout of pain. I know everything is all linked up and posture has a knock on effect ......I just feel like an old crock at the moment, full of aches and pains, all a bit creaky and crunchy!
As for the acupuncture Jaycey I think it helped. Obviously it was combined with all the other stuff so its hard to say specifically. I'll try most things once ......
 
Hi Lisa, good you got a little relief. You probably need more visits. Have you tried a pool/hot tub? That's also good for relaxing the muscles. Why don't you find out the physio's phone number and ask her how to adjust the chair? Just a thought.
 

had treatment from her......acupuncture in my butt, some stretching and pulling, a funny machine that sounded like a stapler and a pummelly type massage machine. it was weird pleasurable pain.

Anyway , I walked out feeling much better than I did when I walked in, quite a bit lighter in my purse too! She thinks I'll need several more sessions as there's lots of tightness.....
Glad the treatment from the chiropractor worked Lisa.
It sounds..... good (and intriguing!).

But it's such a shame that we can never be sure whether we are being taken for a bit of a ride money-wise, especially when we find a health practitioner who does a good job.
(perhaps it's a British thing...?)

Hope the chair gets sorted out for you eventually.
It's so frustrating when something like this can throw us out on recovery.
 
That's interesting what you say about your chair causing you pain. I also have recently got a new chair and since I've had i,t my back gets really achey, mainly the lumbar region and around the top near the shoulders.:hissyfit:

I don't think mines as fancy as yours as I was given instructions in how to adjust it to make it comfortable for me. I think part of the problem is the back as it is a medium back so have asked for a long back to support the shoulders and neck.

Let's see what happens. Hoping it will be better for me once I sort it out.

Was wondering does this happen to most people who have a 'proper' chair to sit in and the back just can't handle it initially? :what:

Fingers crossed your chair and eventually mine will benefit us both.
Jyoti
 
Was wondering does this happen to most people who have a 'proper' chair to sit in and the back just can't handle it initially?

Jyoti, the short answer to you question is no. A new, properly adjusted chair should feel absolutely great from the beginning. It's like new shoes - they feel good from day one if they are correctly fitted.

There are a lot of cheap versions of office chairs out there. Believe me I have tried them all.

Can you ask someone to help you adjust your chair? Sometime it takes an experience person to look at how you sit and do your work and adjust the chair to your needs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom