Guest viewing is limited

THR Shopping Trips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that your back is hurting too Jyoti. Can you not get someone to set the chair JP for you rather than instructions? Apparently when mine is delivered they come to custom adjust it and its on a 3 week trial. Are you registered disabled? If so you can go through the access to work scheme for advice......hope your back improves soon.

I've had an up and down week with my creaky complaining body. I'm 8 months since surgery now and have no problems with my actual hip, no pain there - its great. The psoas is still giving me problems. The chiro
 
Practor has been able to help with my back but not the psoas. I'd originally made the appt because of the psoas and then my back started playing up in the meantime!
Anyway......I had my second appointment with her on Monday, the first had been Friday and it had helped. Tuesday I had horrendous aching and could not relieve it.( I took otc painkillers.) I felt like I was in labour. Wed was much better- Phew! Still a bit uncomfortable but much better. Weds afternoon I have my 6 week follow up appointment with my pt who had given me exercises to strengthen my glutes. I had stopped doing them due to the psoas pain just in case they weren't helping. So I wasn't sure how she would take that.
Anyway, she agreed that I'd been right to not do them, and thinks I made need an injection in there now as it has been over 3 months since it started and hasn't improved over the last 6-8 weeks. She gave me an alternative exercise to do that is gentler, and thinks my back issues will clear up once I'm more balanced. My right side is just so much more developed than the left and has taken all the strain over the years.
Thursday I'm not too bad with the back, not great but manageable, same Friday. Friday afternoon I'm back to the chiropractor. She said I was probably sore on tues because of what she did on Monday. We talk about the psoas and she concurs with the physio, that I probably need to see the Os if the treatment she does today doesn't make an improvement.( I'm getting a bit light in the purse by now anyway and had made up my mind that I couldn't afford to go again.)
She did her thing on me. Including another bit of acupuncture near my big toes to see if that helps. She said I might be tired and to expect soreness today........blimey- today I feel like I've been beaten up! I've got up to make a coffee and brought it back to bed. I'm bracing myself for getting up and about , think I'll take some painkillers. I'm hoping that it will be a similar experience to tues and that I'll feel much better tomorrow.

I know compared to what many of our BS family are troubled by this is small fry so I'm sorry for complaining. I'm just kicking myself for doing too much way back in early June, getting excited and walking too far. I just hope that my ongoing tale of woe might stop someone else making the same mistake.

So in conclusion this is where I at - exercises from pt - report back in 2 weeks, possibly referred back to OS for advice/ injection(?) If no improvement with psoas. If psoas improves over next couple of weeks (as a result of chiropractor treatment) then I see her again. Meanwhile I ice, don't walk too much and do my pt exercise. I am now going to haul my aching body out of bed and hope everything eases with movement. Sorry about the epic .......
 
Aw Lisa, so sorry you are still have those back issues. I went through one year of "balancing" op THR. All those years of walking wrong and a very weak left side too some time to resolve.

But take heart - you will get there! It just takes a bit more time for some of us!
 
Thanks Jaycey, my OS said it would take up to 2 years for me to be as good as I'm going to get so I suppose it is early days.
I'm glad I took the pills. I felt better as the day has gone on. Did a grocery shop and a bit of pottering in the house. Feeling a bit achey again now but resting......might call for ice.....and put some in a gin and tonic too ;0)
 
Lisa

Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems with your back, mines seems small fry compared to yours and only get a stiff back If I sit to long in a chair.
I get up in my work chair and just have a stretch to help relieve these achy muscles.
As Jacey says hang in there Lisa and really hope in the near future your Chiropractor can resolve this issue.
 
Thanks Lisa. Sorry about your back. You are really suffering!! I went to an Osteopath about my back and he 'clicked' it in 3 places along the spine and since then the ache has gone. Such a relief!!:yes 4:

Still get shoulder ache but believe that is due to the chair. I am getting another one which is basically the same but with a longer back.

Lisa, I registered myself disabled at work, but am not officially. Never applied for anything! Maybe I should have. When I returned to work my Manager should have referred me to Occupational Health and I should have gone through Access to work. Only found that out today as the H&S person came round and told me.

I work for a Council and no-one seems to tell you anything:what:

Anyway, goodluck with your back and Psoas difficulty. Fingers crossed it improves soon!
 
Jyoti you should still see Occ health about your back and shoulders etc and contact access to work. They will be able to advise you - you don't want to end up with long term issues. I found the access to work service really helpful, they do an initial assessment over the phone. It's worth a phone call. Good luck.

I'm feeling so much better this morning as I lie here. Fingers crossed ......
 
Lisa, so sorry about your pain and that chiro didn't work. You have recovered so well, and now this. Maybe a shot will help you once you see the surgeon. Wish you well.
 
Hello Lisa,
I just thought I would introduce myself to you, I has TLHR almost 2 weeks ago now, I was CDH and had a complex op, with no weight bearing for 6 weeks.

I have been reading your story... and haven't read all posts yet but you seem to have recovered very well.:thumb:
I have some back issues and I was wondering what psoas was? I am concerned that iImay continue to have back pain for a while aferwards, it makes sense that the body will take a good time to re-balance itself.

I hope you find relief very soon.
:friends:

Jo x
 
I'm feeling so much better this morning as I lie here. Fingers crossed ......

Onwards and Upwards Lisa. :thumb:
 
Jo, the psoas is the hip flexor muscle shown in the drawing below.
 
Thanks to everyone for your support. My back has settled down somewhat but is definitely not helped by the work chair. I'm still waiting for the new chair to arrive ( bit of a quibble by finance dept because I'm sub contracted!!) It can't come soon enough.

Psoas is a bit worse than it has been. Had reached a plateau. I think it could be down to my physio exercises.......I started of with a rolled up towel under my pelvis with instructions to lower the height as I felt comfortable......did it flat yesterday. Today psoas complaining and I'm facing up to the fact that an injection is probably required *sigh*

But you know what? This time last year I was in constant pain and could barely walk. So this is small fry! Today I'm going into town to get a haircut, might wander around the shops looking at all the gorgeous new things that are out for Autumn and maybe treat myself. Also on a positive note I finally felt ready to join my local slimming group last week and have lost a few pounds so I'm feeling quite motivated.
 
But you know what? This time last year I was in constant pain and could barely walk. So this is small fry! Today I'm going into town to get a haircut, might wander around the shops looking at all the gorgeous new things that are out for Autumn and maybe treat myself. Also on a positive note I finally felt ready to join my local slimming group last week and have lost a few pounds so I'm feeling quite motivated.

Well that says it all Lisa! Yes - you are still recovering. For some of us it takes awhile to work through all the "other" issues that might get aggravated by THR. But you will get there!

Hope your wallet isn't in too much pain after your trip! :hysterical: Enjoy!
 
Well Lisa, your recovery has really hit a bump. Hope you'll get that psoas ironed out. Enjoy your trip into town. And congratulations on your weight loss.:thumb:
 
Saw physio yesterday, she's discharged me for the time being as my psoas is hindering my progress and I'm using up time that could be allocated to someone else. She's advised me to contact OS office and see if they can sort my soft tissue issues out and then re-refer me; I need to continue with the exercises and stretches she's given me, and use my stick for any walking that isn't just pottering around.:cry: Felt quite disheartened and got a tad emotional.....I would sooooo love to improve my gait........then I think - hey ho, at least I don't have grinding pain, be thankful for that.
 
Lisa, why don't you go see a chiropractor? He could do acu-pressure on the muscle and get the spasm and inflammation to recede.
 
You advised me on that already Jo and I tried it, after 3 visits she suggested I may need an injection as it wasn't helping. I would go again for back issues though as she helped with my back.
 
It's getting worse and hurting all the time now. Taking anti inflammatories and phoned OS Office for advice but had to leave voicemail. Having a little pity party.... :0(
 
I'm so sorry you are hurting. I hope you hear back from the doctor soon. Can you also try and contact your GP?
 
Development- speak to OS secretary, she says go to GP and let her know what he says. I see GP tell him the story, he examines me, tells me that he doesn't think there's anything wrong with joint, its a soft tissue injury but he doesn't know specifically what is injured, take paracetomol and ibuprofen, I ask for diclofenac but he says no as there has been some bad press?? ......he will write to OS to get appt. I phone OS secretary to tell her, she says she won't wait for letter from gp but will arrange an appt for me. So I'm now waiting to get the appt date........
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom