THR Sherrymorss recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Sherry, please don't say that. You will get past this trial and be all the stronger for it. You are in my prayers every day. You have so many here that care about you and will be at your virtual side through the rest of your journey. I'll be checking in with you each and every day. God Bless you my friend. xoxoxo
 
@sherrymorss60 I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time, but don't ever say something like you would like to end your life, I understand you are feeling terrible and in pain at the present time, but this is a temporary problem that I'm sure has a solution. I pray that you will start to feel better soon.
 
@sherrymorss60, you DO have your family, and that is such a good thing! Here is a solution to one of your problems. If you can't get get to the car, there is such a thing as non-emergency medical transportation, that brings people to and from appointments or wherever they need to go. You would have to pay privately, of course, but it's only money and would get the job done. Better than taking an ambulance to the ER. If you google medical transport service, or patient transport, or non-emergency medical transportation, you will be able to find one near you. I'll be taking that when I go from the hospital to rehab after my surgery. And, yes, that pain I was describing above in my ankle, is tendonitis! Mine is nowhere near as bad as yours, but I have it because I have been overdoing it with my non-surgical leg. I am treating with R.I.C.E., and doing better. I hope you will feel better soon, my dear!
 
@Cynthia777 @uva55 @Krista Thank you everyone for your support and concern. I hate to sound like a big baby but I just feel like I've had it. Well I guess I see what the surgeon says on Monday. Until then I'll just try to hang in there with ice and rest. Krista thanks for the information. I will see what I can find out. I'm sorry you are going through so much too.
 
Sherry, I'll also be using medical transport while in the rehab, to take me to and from my two-week post-op appointment, if I am still in the rehab at that point. This kind of thing happens frequently when people can't get around on their own.
 
Thanks Krista. I will check into that tomorrow or I may have to wait until Monday since it's now the weekend.
 
@sherrymorss60 - just popping in to say I am thinking of you and keeping you in prayer too! Things are going to get better. I know you are physically and emotionally weary, but you've come too far to give up now.
:console2:
 
Sherry, non-emergency medical transport is done every day in the week. I am guessing that, if you wish, you can make inquiries on the weekends so you can be prepared for how to get to your appointment on Monday.
 
I normally don't go into the hip replacement threads, not because I'm not interested, I enjoy sharing and reading everyone's recovery experience, but I don't have the time for both thr and tkr threads, but for some reason I did go in your thread and reading thru it I see that there are so many people here in BS that have become your friends and they truly care, that's not even counting your family at home that sound amazing and so supportive, I can't even imagine what you are going through, a normal recovery it's very challenging and exhausting, so I can empathize, but this too shall pass and you will get your life back, just keep fighting a little longer and NEVER NEVER give up...I wish you all the best in your recovery!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much everyone! This truly is a wonderful forum with kind and supportive members. I appreciate everone so much for your support, kind words, and prayers. In turn I will certainly include you in my prayers. We think we have it figured out how to get me in the car and to the Doctor's office. From there we can use one on their wheelchairs to get me inside and to his office. From there we can at least get a diagnosis and see what's to be done next. It's not too much longer until Monday morning. I am feeling better emotionally knowing how many people care. Thank you all so much again. I'll post again tomorrow and let you know how it's going. In the meantime, I hope everyone is doing ok.
 
Feeling better today. I can walk a little bit and am not needing as many pain pills. Looking forward to getting the doctor visit over with. I want to know what's wrong and what has to be done about it. I just want to start moving forward again in my recovery. Hope everyone is doing ok. Thanks again everyone for your support and prayers. Some how I'm going to get through this.
 
Glad to hear it. Chances are you have a soft tissue injury, and it got a little better after you did the enforced resting! Hope the surgeon will be able to give you the info you need.
 
Good news! My problem is gout! Normally I wouldn't say that was good news, but it beats tendinitis. What happened was I got a kink in my neck from sleeping on my back. I'm not used to that so I guess I didn't have my pillows fixed right. My neck was very painful so after my daughter massaged it, I took some muscle relaxers and pain pills. I ended up basically sleeping for about 2 days straight. I didn't really eat or drink anything. I also didn't urinate for up to 24 hours. What that did was cause a gout attack because my kidneys were unable to flush the uric acid out of my system. I have had gout attacks before, but they were in my big toe as is very common. This time, it was a more widespread attack and was not centered in any specific joint. It effected both my feet and ankles, so we thought is was tendinitis. I went to my surgeon today and he did my 6 weeks post surgery check up. He said everything looked fantastic and released me to drive and released me from my hip precautions. However, he could not address my current problem because he is a surgeon and that's not what they do. So my daughter got on the phone and called my primary doctor and told them what I've been going through. They had us come in and just worked us into their schedule. My primary doctor took one look at my feet and said you've got gout. Then after us telling him when it happened and what led up to it, he explained the whys of it all. I never dreamed it was gout. So he prescribed a medication that I will take for 5 days and he said it should be gone within the 5 days. He also said the next time I was in a fix like that not to hesitate to call him. Even though I was unable to walk and get into the car, he has worked with my daughter in the past in a medical capacity. He said they could have communicated over the phone and he would have been able to help me that way. So I just want to say how relieved I am and how thankful I am that all things have been resolved for me. I want to thank you all for your support and prayers and comfort. And please, everyone drink your water and stay hydrated and eat a healthy diet. None of us need to be set back by something like this that is so preventable.
 
@Cynthia777 lol yes I have quite the grumble of Pugs. All of them are rescues from being put to sleep or taken from abusive situations. I have a total of 5. I have the two girls who are Gracie May and Missy. They are both between 14 and 16 years old. Then I have the boys who are Gussie, Samson, and Benny. They are all between 4 and 8 years old. I love them very much. My daughter and I share responsibility for them. I can not take on any more, but I can take care of and change the lives of the 5 I have. They are wonderful little creatures that just love to be with their human and take every opportunity to sit in the chair with me. There's just nothing like a Pug. Thank you so much for the hug and for being my friend. Your support has meant so very much to me and I can't thank you enough.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom