Guest viewing is limited

THR Sherrymorss recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low pain level is good! Log leg is common. It's the one thing that my friend who'd had a THR 10 years ago remembered vividly. That heavy leg will become lighter every day. The post-op depression seems to hit most of us at one time or another. Like you say, it is so good to have access to Bonesmart to share the ups and ups and down.

Here's hoping today is a little brighter for you! :console2:
 
So glad you are home and even have a family nurse! Grin. Sorry about the blues they are awful. My husband gets so frustrated yelling at me "Why are you crying?", like that helps??! I hope you are noticing little glimmers of improvement!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Over did it a little bit today. Did a couple loads of laundry and still did my physical therapy exercises and practiced trying to climb some stairs. My hip doesn't hurt but my back is killing me. I think it's because I'm not able to use the walker properly a lot of the time. My house is small so I have to pick the Walker up and move it and step and so on. I will be so glad not to need the walker any more. I know all things in time.
 
I'm sorry I messed up and tagged dinsmaum instead of you in my previous post (I corrected it). I've been known to do that a few times. @Krista can verify it! :heehee:

I also have experienced some back pain that I never had before this last THR. I'm pretty certain it's because I was favoring the recent THR, so my posture hasn't been up to snuff. Hoping your spirit has been lifted today.
 
@Cynthia777 Oh no problem, I knew you meant me. I was feeling a little sorry for my self that my hip wasn't hurting but now my back was killing me. Geez this is a rocky road. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
 
Had a very good day today. Got my socks and tennis shoes on and tied up snug with the help of my daughter. Got a little teary eyed because it just felt so good to have my tennis shoes on after almost 3 weeks of my slip on shoes. It was wonderful just having normal shoes on my feet. Then we went for an outing and had breakfast at the Village Inn. My grandson went with us and he was so good about staying with me in case I had any problems walking. Then I had a bit of a struggle getting up from the chair so he put his hands on my butt and gave me a lift. How many grandkids would be willing to do that? I guess he learned how to be so kind and caring from his mom, my daughter. My daughter wanted to get some apple trees so we went to a green house and bought 3 of them. I waited in the car as the ground was just to uneven and rocky for me and my walker. All and all it just felt so good to get out of the house and do something normal. Small steps to getting my life back.
 
Victory! I walked up the first 7 stairs to my second floor. I had my gate belt on and my strong 20 year old grandson was waiting at the top of the steps. He took hold of the gate belt and as I step up he gently helped lift me up to the landing and ta da! I was on my second floor where my bedroom and shower are. I'm just overwhelmed with relief. We discussed this and have decided my daughter will help me do this so I can go up to bed at night. Then before she leaves for work I will go down stairs and stay down there during the day. That way I won't be taking a chance of falling on the stairs. This is such a big relief for me and can't even describe how I feel.
 
So great that you can get upstairs! Yeah! We appreciate every "new horizon" so much after surgery!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom