TKR Sewhat's 2nd Recovery thread LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only I'd stopped here first we could have had a chat at 3 am!

It sounds like your family is day by day getting closer to 'normal for you' and you're enjoying life.

I would have shared my cheese and crackers with you!

We needed two vehicles for church this morning. Hubby took the 3 teenagers and went to Sunday school. I normally teach the class some of the younger ones are in and I'm not up to that, so my daughter and I went later for church with the 4 little ones.
People asked where my cane was and exclaimed over my bruising and scar. My grandson played thee piano for us since we don't have a pianist.
We went to a pizza buffet for lunch. Teenagers can put away some pizza!
My knee is hardly swollen right now. I just can't get over how easy this recovery has been compared to last time.

You had a busy day on Sunday, especially since you're still so early in recovery. I'm glad everything went well, but can you compensate for all that activity by having a quieter day today? Even though you're recovery is going so well, your knee does need adequate amounts of rest.

You had a busy day on Sunday, especially since you're still so early in recovery. I'm glad everything went well, but can you compensate for all that activity by having a quieter day today? Even though you're recovery is going so well, your knee does need adequate amounts of rest.
Here it is 3:20 a.m. and I've been awake for over an hour. I have PT at 9:30. The plan is for me to drive to therapy and my daughter drive me home if I'm tired. She will be leaving day after tomorrow and I'll need to drive then, so this is easing into it.

My daughter is doing all the meals. She and my granddaughter made blueberry muffins last night. Some of them were gluten free for my granddaughter.
My other daughter, that lives next door, has been in New Hampshire, at a training class this weekend. It is for using horses for therapy. She is working with a miniature horse at the state hospital. It has little tennis shoes so it can walk on the floors and visit residents that are bedridden. She heads up the PTA program and that is part of her program. She will be home this afternoon.
So, to answer your question, Celle, I'll only have therapy and just lay around the rest of the day.

I normally teach the class some of the younger ones are in and I'm not up to that
I teach an adult SS class and was away from that for about 4 weeks after my tkr. I prepared my lesson on the 5th week and my brain fog was so bad, I had to get my backup do that one, too. Not getting enough sleep is a pain and a contributing factor to the brain fog. Sleep where and when you can. Your body needs that. When you are sleeping your body can concentrate more on healing.

I had total right on aug 20th too. I am nowhere near where you are. I had to go back to surgery on 23 .i had a tear between my muscle and tendon. I was bleeding. It has been very rough. I have therapy at home. He isn’t pushing me. He said it will come in time.they took off my bandage and I have contact dermatitis. That has been a pain. I am only on ibuprofen because I broke out in a rash there not sure from what. So all pain pills had to be stopped except that. So glad your is going better than mine

@judgar Wow, I'm sorry this happened to you. Is this your first knee? I think a lot of my success is due to my Pre hab exercises that I did. My first one didn't go as well. The thread is on here somewhere.

My therapist is amazed at what I can do. I'm rather surprised myself.

Does the ibuprofen help the pain? I'm off the pain meds because they make me have tinnitus. I'm taking Arthritis Strength Tylenol.

I hope your recovery takes a turn for the better.

This is my second .i had the left one done 2013. I thought that one was hard.i just take a day at a time. The ibuprofen helps a tiny bit. I have slowed down on the ice. They said I was using it to much.its nice to read how other people are doing

@judgar
Please start a recovery thread of your own for your second knee replacement. We may be able to help you.

Today we all slept in. No therapy, no doctor appointment, well at least not until 11 when I got my allergy shot, and I don't see the doctor then, only the nurse. I drove to the doctor and back myself. My daughter leaves tomorrow and I'll be driving myself to therapy. I've been on my bed this afternoon with my youngest granddaughter doing ABCmouse. I don't get to spend much time with her since I am teaching her sister.

I lost two more steri strips during the night. The blistered area is peeling. My bruised areas are itchy.

My daughter and 4 grandkids left this morning.:sad: It's quiet around here. I drove myself to therapy. I think it was an evaluation. We did all the usual stuff. When he measured me I was 122/0.
Hubby and I went out to eat tonight since there was nothing left to eat in the house. With two teenagers there are no leftovers. Then we went to the grocery store and Walmart. Things should get back to normal now.

You sound like you are doing really well. On minimal pain relief and being quite active. So pleased for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are having an amazing recovery! :wowspring:

Sounds like you are doing really well to have gotten up the stairs!! Good to do what you can but don’t over do!!
Take any sleep you can get no matter where it is!!

My best friend refers to teenage boys as "appetites with feet". No leftovers indeed.

Those are great numbers.
Bruised and peeling. Unsightly, but excellent. That means healing.

I hope you enjoy your quiet day today.

You are having an amazing and unusual recovery! Count your blessings.

Oh you are doing wonderful. Wish I was doing half as good as you. Keep up the good work.

Today my granddaughter and I started second grade. It went well and she told my Hubby that second grade is easy. It's all review right now.

I didn't even take Tylenol today. I get zingers now and then, but no pain. The bruised areas are itchy. I thought I would be hurting after shopping, but I didn't. I took a little nap in my recliner after my grandkids went home. Then the phone rang. It was a telemarketer. Grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member