Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

Hi @sequin98
So sorry you're worrying over this :console2:
I have those thoughts sometimes myself. Because no one knows, there's no sense in stressing over it.
I try to live one day at a time. When / If it happens......I'll have to deal with it.
Until then :spin::dancy::happydance:
Wishing you a carefree and peaceful weekend.
 
What is going on with all the clicking? When standing up my right side continues to snap with every movement. Hip dysplasia...always fun!:rotfl:
 
It can be almost anything - ligaments and/or cartilage for instance.
 
When is your surgery @sequin98 ?
Yeah, noises would weird me out...
Hopefully not long for you.
 
No date yet. They tell me 'probably spring" They will call me 2 months before the date...
 
My goodness..hurry up and wait.
Hope sooner than later...please take care.
 
What is going on with all the clicking?
My left hip was so noisy pre-op I was embarrassed to do anything. I doubt anyone around me could hear it all. But it felt like it was ratcheting through gears - horrid!

Hope you get your date soon!
 
The worst is when I am trying to put on pants...The feeling, and the noise..
 
So sorry, I don't have any experience with the noise, thankfully. I sure did with the pain thing though. Sympathy hugs...:console2:
 
I had the joint catch and then "unstick" itself with these really loud and painful cracks. My SO would jump, it was so loud. That, plus the joint sounded like I was rubbing it on a grater...
 
Hi @sequin98
I heard a little click on ocassion pre-op myself.
It never hurt so I just ignored it.
Hope you get a surgery date soon so you can put this all behind you.
Wishing you comfort as you wait.
 
My surgeon told me that he will be using a spinal anesthesia. I have since heard of a few people being awake during the surgery. Needless to say, I am more freaked out than before...(if that were possible)
 
All surgeon preference, but even with spinal typically you will have sedation = you remember nothing.
 
@sequin98 just tell the anaesthetist you don't want to see or hear anything. They will watch you carefully and ensure you don't wake up.
 
Hi i very briefly came round during my BTKR, but the anaesthetist noticed straight away and topped up whatever knocked me out. It wasn't a big deal, more surreal than anything else. Remember you will be sedated, so it really won't bother you all that much. It will probably not even happen.

really - don't worry about it. you will be in good hands. It's just another day in the office for the surgical team :).
 
I know from experience that surgeons and anaesthetists actually don't like their patients being awake during surgery. The reasons for this are
it's a long procedure to expect the patient to lay still for
it can be stressful
it's unnecessary
​
You should also read this (just for a laugh!) Michael Douglas' TKR
 
I had a spinal @sequin98 on the 28th for my 2nd revision. As everyone else has told you, there will be sedation as well and probably by the time you are in the OR you will be close to out if not already. Enjoy it, you may come out of it sooner and more clear headed than with general. I did. I was wiggling my toes as soon as I woke up. Good luck and best wishes for a successful surgery and an excellent recovery.
 
Back
Top Bottom