Guest viewing is limited

Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

I used this before my hip pain, and I was wondering if I should bring it upstairs for my recovery?
 
@sequin98 We have no idea what you are referring to as you haven't posted an image or described what you are asking about. Can you please give us more details?
 
Apologies. A mini trampoline.

[Bonesmart.org] Sequin98's Pre-op Journey


You jump around, run in place...no impact
 
You will be able to use this after your recovery. I would discuss this with your surgeon and when you are released to use it - go for it.
 
OMG don't think that's a good idea for recovery unless you have someone to pick up the bits when you fall apart !!!:bignono: perhaps ok bit later when all settled
 
Personally I would give that some time to get back to. I can’t imagine it soon after surgery, maybe in a couple of months? I’m interested in what your surgeon says in terms of time frame.
 
No impact? I'm sure you will be able to use it EVENTUALLY...but very easy to have leg go sideways on those things.
I certainly can't imagine jumping on anything will help with recovery.
Even walking in place not stable enough in my opinion...
 
:holysheep: That is scary to me :yikes:

One would think it would initially be a :bignono:

Possibly resulting in this >:bawl:and also :elevate: < some of that.

They'll be plenty of time for that later :dancy:

Wishing you a great week!
@sequin98
 
My reoccurring nightmare this past week has been falling (I’ve progressed past the one where they replace the wrong hip). In my dreams I’m just walking when I trip and fall on my new hip. I think you just kicked my nightmare up a few notches, because I’m sure to see that trampoline tonight. Thanks! :scary:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@sequin98 I had a blissful nights sleep last night, no hip or knee pain and no nightmares. Looks like you’re off the hook, for now anyway :happydance:
I would recommend putting the trampoline out in a yard sale :beg:
 
You will get your life back! Probably your rebounder too at some point. I hate you have such a wait, but it's getting closer.
You've been a great sport about all of us giving you flack about the mini trampoline!
Bet after your surgery, you will see why...!
Just don't want to mess up these beautiful life changing hips.
Not SO long now...but I know how it feels to get through the days with Hip pain. Makes the days long indeed...
Come on March!
 
Last edited:
Hello,
Im having surgery in 8 day for a THR.

Reading this feed did some of you get a spinal while asleep?
I was told I have to be fully awake for the spinal, then they would do the light sédation.

Im scared of the needle but, also the idea of not feeling your legs or being able to move. How long do they leave you like that before knocking out/using sédation??

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom