TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nighttime pain rarely wakes me up these days but I've been experiencing another kind of pain that's almost worse. If I've been overdoing things --lifting too much or working too long -- i sometimes get this blinding pain all around my entire knee; so fierce I can hardly stand it. It eases up if I readjust my leg and / or take something for the pain, but Mamma Mia! -- when it hits, it's wicked!

Lesson: stop and REST occasionally!
 
Zen lass that will get the look of disdain. Sheeesh lass of course its OK to lift heavy things on a healing knee, what next tap dancing iin a minefield.............

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Yeah, I know. It feels like a muscle pain when it comes and if memory serves, it began right after we started packing 2 weeks ago. Argh. Sometimes I'm such a knucklehead. .....
 
Awww sorry to hear that you over did it - we don't learn do we? Hope the knee settles and you settle into the new apartment and reclaim a bit more of the normal you - Mx
 
I'm glad that your move is over. Now, take it easy for a bit and let your knee calm down before unpacking the mystery boxes!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Feel for ya, SZ... I've got a really full day of measuring, drilling, hanging, etc. ahead of me. I've been trying to go slow with the unpacking and setting up, but I really need to do a few things so it will start looking like a home rather than a warehouse.
 
Pax I hope while you feel like zen pls don't copy her method.
There is always tomorrow to do the rest of the jobs once you feel took tired

Legin THR Sep 14
 
When I over do my pt on my own I get similar muscle pain around the knee. It is a great gauge for when to back off.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Trying to find the sweet spot in between doing nothing at all and running around like a maniac. Have to do some unpacking, lifting and moving, otherwise I can't find a blinking thing! :-) But I have almost completely unpacked the kitchen and bedroom, but still have a 2nd bedroom that looks like a tornado hit it, and other stuff to sift through as well. But I AM learning to pace myself. When it gets to be too much, I STOP and put my feet up....
.....well, MOST of the time. ...:-)
 
Yep, I do that! The Boyfriend set up a table for me also, so sometimes I sit on the chair or stool, unpack everything on the table, and then try to sort it out so I don't have to make too many trips.
 
Z I so know how you are the boxes say go on open me, you know you have to. Try hard not to for you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Yea she nailed it!!! If you can't see it then no worries.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
SZ - Three weeks in the new place today and it's starting to look like home! It happens before you know it... but I was sure getting tired of the smell of cardboard boxes. :heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom