TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the Benadryl and a natural sleep aid for two weeks to get my sleep pattern back also. Maybe all your body needs is a nudge in the right direction. We don't want you to be a walking zombie at work.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Sept Zen, I just caught up on your thread. I am sorry you still can't sleep. Early on I took muscle relaxers along with the oxy because of my sciatica issues and the back of the knee and glute pains. I took Cycloenzaprine 10mg and that Will make you sleepy. My knee is great now, it's all the aforementioned that get me but are better now with all the stretches and exercises I do. Igot a trainer at the gym and he has me standing on one foot, balancing 30 seconds. If I tip over I use one finger on an object to steady myself. That really gets the glutes and doesn't bother the knee. It could be your sciatica issues could be weak glutes and tight hamstrings. With our new knees were are walking and using our muscles in ways we didn't before. I still wear my compression sleeves, they are very comforting. Keep on trucking!
 
Im with you re sleeping pills had 1 once slept but felt sooo drowsy next morning so the toilet slept well as I gave the rest of the pills to it,

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Haven't tried the Benadryl yet-- just haven't gotten around to it. I've slept OK this week so far because
a. I'm moving to a new apartment soon, so working all day and packing all evening wears you out, and
b. Eventually lack of sleep catches up with you and you crash

Percocet makes me sleepy enough but I can't stay on those forever. Will probably go with the antihistamine. My hay fever is going crazy right now anyway!
 
@SeptemberZen Right there with you! What were we thinking planning a move while we're recovering from this? I finally had to buy a folding dolly because I can pack a box but then I'm not able to lift and carry it to the staging area. Thank god we hired movers to do the heavy stuff!
 
I'm moving to a new apartment soon, so working all day and packing all evening wears you out, and
b. Eventually lack of sleep catches up with you and you crash
You poor lady!!! So soon after your TKR, too---you must be exhausted---just a normal day at your time-frame can be exhausting, and you are packing---hang in there---when you do finally move, hopefully, there will be plenty of time to relax.
 
I liked post not because I like it far from it. There are things that simply have to be done arent there. When do you move? Then rest lass well as much as you can knowing you - shakes head

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Moving at the end of the month, and yes, sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm not the Energizer Bunny. :-) The Boyfriend and I have outgrown our space and we found a larger place in a larger city at a manageable rent.

Got home last night, made some burgers and then started packing. I've moved a million times so I'm pretty good at this, but he isn't. He had a pile of **** in a bunch of shopping bags covering the sofa...yikes! So I had to repack and label some of that stuff. We worked for a couple of hours then walked down to the Dunkin Donuts for a donut and some fresh air. When we got back, I just about passed out, until nighttime pain woke me around 1 am!

We're nuts, @Pax, that's the only explanation!

My knee -- and ankles -- started to swell a little, and they're still slightly puffy this morning. Sign me,
- Glutton for Punishment
 
Will the new apartment be somewhere that gives you an easier journey to work and back, SZ?
 
Only slightly but there are some other advantages. I'm moving from a small "borough" in NJ to a city. My express bus will be run by public transit instead of a private company which means more frequent service, and the bus stop is much closer to the apartment. Monthly fare will be much cheaper. Also, there's a train stop not too far from where I'll be. If I work late, it'll be easier to get home by train than it is now.
 
That sounds like quite an improvement in travel!
 
Sooooo tired of being in pain. It's almost 4 months now and my incision is still super sensitive. ..still have the nighttime pain. Often enough, I try to sit up and move my leg around -- most annoying when you're half-asleep -- but it eases the pain within minutes, usually. Or, sometimes I just cave and take a Percocet.

Other than that, I guess I'm healing well. Knee swells and aches a little if I stand too long or walk too much, and stiffens and aches a little if I sit for too long.

I'm just OVER this, already! Argh.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Pax
Hmmmmmm a lady who has humomgous commute to work and is getting ready to move packing every night, my what a surprise knee is sore. Get move done which will knock commute on the head. Then see how you are lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
What I've been doing to try to head off incision sensitivity is putting a sleeve on it before I go to bed at night. I had sleeves to go under my offload braces. These are not compression sleeves. This keeps a constant presence over the incision and avoids the fleeting touches of the sheet. As a test, a pair of panty hose or a thigh high hose would probably tell you if it would help you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Our movers will be here tomorrow... then we have three days of driving. When is your move, SZ?
 
What I've been doing to try to head off incision sensitivity is putting a sleeve on it before I go to bed at night. I had sleeves to go under my offload braces. These are not compression sleeves. This keeps a constant presence over the incision and avoids the fleeting touches of the sheet. As a test, a pair of panty hose or a thigh high hose would probably tell you if it would help you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
PB, can you give a link to the sleeve you're using? I need something without a lot of compression to wear over those silicone sheets (for scar repair).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom