TKR Seems I am not progressing<

Looks like you are taking care of yourself right now. Good for you, that is my philosophy as well. I am going to chicago for thanksgiving--my son lives there!

Josephine and Jamie, hi.

I have read in your posts to "give it a year". What are some of the things or possible improvements that you have seen in those last three months? I'd be most interested in your observations.

Also is there any kind of self therapy that can reduce that tight band or stiff feeling?

@Josephine Thank you for your response I was reading about oneilllm and would like to know what she ended up doing. Last post I can read is June 2015 but see she posted this year. Our situation is similar. Thanks for explaining.

Generally we have no idea what happens to members that 'fall off the board"! They just stop posting and that's it.

@Josephine,Hi everyone, I have not posted for awhile and much has happened. After seeing my OS in October and having him tell me very rudely “there is nothing I can do for you”, I settled in for the holidays and hoped my pain would get better. HSS in New York reviewed my case and suggested PT and pain management and to wait a year. (March 3 will be a year). PM did a knee ablation January 9 and if anything it made matters worse. It appears I am going to be dealing with CRPS. Pain is most often terrible but there is not much color difference in my legs. My Dr. Said stage 1, but I fear it is more advanced since I have had this pain since May. I have had one sympathetic nerve block with only about 6 hours relief. I have a second one on Monday. Needless to say I am terrified and any thoughts and encouragement would be most welcome.

Why not find another OS that has no contact with your current doctor and go for a second opinion? I'd not go back to that unsympathetic doctor you have now. For him to write you off like he did shows you that he doesn't seem to care. You deserve better than that!

Just a thought: I use a rolling pin for my tight IT band and general sore muscle issues. It helps.

@maryanne73 I had a surgeon who said exactly the same thing to me. I then had a second opinion and now have a surgeon who is amazing and will do whatever it takes to ensure that you can live comfortably with the end result. I think a second option is definitely warranted. Good luck.

It is so hard to think of finding another doctor, but I think you need to do just that. Here is what I do, I open the staff page on an ortho clinic and read about each doctor. There will be one who specializes in revisions---and that is the guy you want. Someone who has skill in unraveling a tkr and finding out what if anything went wrong.

I agree! Another doctor who can look at your knee with fresh eyes may have another opinion for you. My OS is one of those that Kelly mentioned, his bio says he specializes in 1st and 2nd TKRs. These docs know what to look for.

@Jamie .@josephine , anyone, I can't log in on my iPad app. It doesn't accept my password and I don't see anywhere to reset or anything. Help. Thanks.

@maryanne73 ... are you using the new BoneSmart app or the old Tapatalk one?

@Jamie. Thanks,Jamie, I am trying to get into the new app. I enter my user name but apparently my password is wrong and i don’t see an option to reset it.

@KerriB. May I ask who your surgeon is that does 1st & 2nd revisions?

I just firmly roll it on my thigh and in the IT band area. I discovered that it helps, several years ago when I had hip bursitis.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom