Guest viewing is limited

TKR Seems I am not progressing<

Aamir is indeed beautiful! I’m sure you miss him a lot!

I’m sorry you’ve had such a difficult recovery. Your surgery was 10 days before mine. It’s long and difficult by itself, without added complications. I hope you find some answers soon.
 
We all know how important our pets are to us. They are out constant companions with no mood swings!! I am sorry for the loss of Amir, who was very beautiful indeed.
 
He's beautiful! A dog is such a close, loving companion. So sorry he's no longer with you, except in spirit, of course. He'll be always in your heart.
 
I am curious, what was the brand of implant you had. Like I read in one of Jo's posts it is a deep hot feeling inside the knee. But mine has many other symptoms as I go along. Hope I get lots more direction tomorrow when I see my OS. Are the rashes and itchiness just around your knee?
Sorry to take so long to get back to you Maryanne. I was trying to find out which implant I have and I evidently wasn't given any information on it other than verbally being told it is a titanium implant. I was not tested for metal allergy at all. The OS just relied on me self-reporting the reaction I have when I come into contact with nickel (I get blisters that break and run even with short exposure). Wish I could tell you more. I have had a lot of itchiness on back and legs, but I really don't think it's related to my knee. I think your OS appointment was today. Hope you learned more about what is going on.
 
Hi Jo, regarding your article on the tight band. Is it known to linger up to a year or more. Thank you.
 
I think it can last that long. My surgery was March 13, 2017 and I still have it.
 
Hello to those that are following my journey. I met with my surgeon and he was not very understanding about metal sensitivities I did,however, get the name of Dr. Josh Jacobs at Rush in Chicago and have been in touch with his office and provided them with tests that they wanted. I am waiting for an appointment. Is anyone familiar with him. He has written many articles on metal concerns in the body?
 
Hi Jockette, does it get pretty intense a lot of the time? I see that your surgery was just 13 days after mine.
 
Do I tag from my thread or others? Will responses appear in my thread?
 
My tight band is intense at times. My rom is only ok for 7.5 months. At my last check up, 7 months, I didn’t let my surgeon push on my bend to measure, it was the first time I was ever measured on my own, comfortably it was 114, and when I leaned into it a little more he said it was 120. So in my mind it’s 114. So the tight band/inner swelling is definitely still there, though there is almost no visible swelling.
 
just read about your dog ~ so sorry you lost him; he was truly beautiful. there are a lot of dog lovers here. good luck on your recovery and finding the right doctor that will address your issues.:console2:
 
@liam2015 Thank you so much. It is comforting to know there are many pet lovers on Bonesmart. I am trying to find a poem that I read here about a dog "I am always with you". Anyone remember it? Thanks.
 
Hi @maryanne73. I am experiencing very similar issues as you and have done since my initial partial knee reconstruction which failed and led to a total a year later and now an arthroscopy 3 years later with samples being sent to histology to determine if there is an allergy or infection so I will continue to follow your thread with interest.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Polkadot Hi , I was following your thread and want to double check something. I am meeting with an implant metal specialist in Chicago on Monday. Did I understand correctly that you had a Smith & Nephew Oximium implant with BOTH the components made of the same material? I have the same femoral part but the tibial part is titanium with an alloy that I believe is causing much trouble. How is your doing now. Thanks.
 
@skigirl. Hi, I was just going back over my thread and saw that you love winter. So do I!! Everyone thinks I'm nuts but I love the crisp air,fireplace, snow on .pine trees. Can't wait!
 
@shelli22 hi I go to Chicago to see a specialist in metal implants on Monday. I will post my findings when I return. Somedaysare really miserable. How are you doing?
 
Maryanne, I hope you get the information you need on Monday. Please post and let us know what you learn. Did you have to ask your doctor for information on which implant was used. Mine only told me that it is titanium and I'd like to know what other metals, if any, it contains.
 
@phrog. I got the exact brand,model,serial number,etc for each piece they put in my body. I believe they have to do that by law. If you cac at least get the brand you can contact the manufacturer. I have been in contact with Smith and Nephew and they emailed me the exact content of easy device. That's how i found out that the titanium contained other metals. Will keep you informed.
 
Back
Top Bottom