Guest viewing is limited

THR Second one - hope it's better than the first

Well the acupuncture was interesting! Lovely lovely lady who it ended up like therapy! Said I was stressed and she asked me why......prob wish she hadn't because I told her! 5 hours later I woke her up and then I had to manoeuvre myself onto the bed. Pins everywhere, heat lamps, glass bowls.... It was all very interesting. At the end she said that she is not sure how it will help my back but I really need to go back for my stress levels. Charged me £60 then hugged me???? Soooo sat at home with a glass of the old red wine which destresses me for about a fiver! I am not knocking it but the jury is out so far. She said I should probably have had an x-ray and my muscles are very tight and there is alot of water there. @SurreyGirl in answer to work I try to stretch every hour.
 
Love the idea of £5 red wine as therapy. Let us know tomorrow if the acupuncture has helped. I will try to stretch and walk a bit every hour. Will need to set an alarm as tend to concentrate once on the computer. I was bad today and did 2 hours without a break followed by another and certainly felt it. At least my concentration levels were good. No codeine for over a week now...
 
@SurreyGirl no codeine? That's brilliant! Yes I am not too good at remembering to get up and boy do you feel it! Have joined a gym and going to go tomorrow at 7.30 and do half an hour gentle walking on the tread mill which I will try to do every morning.
 
Good for you re the gym. I have six codeine pills left for emergencies but relying on stretching, 5 minute walks , ice and deep massage around the scar and up into the buttock area that is causing the problem.

Working from home tomorrow (4 hours) but at the office on Thursday. The nearest decent loo for the disabled with a high enough seat is a good 5 mins walk away so guess where I will be going - in both senses..... :)
 
Ha ha the loo was it you that said on here you can pee standing up? I have mastered peeing whilst hovering so loos don't worry me so much!
 
That wasnt me! I would make a dreadful mess....

I have a cunning plan. If I drink enough water on the hour every hour I will have to go to the loo - therefore taking a break and getting some walking in more often. Hmmmm.
 
Ps very “cheerful” programme about to start on Radio 4 re private hospitals not having emergency depts and NHS patients getting referred to them with bad outcomes. Might do some walking around the kitchen/conservatory during this getting some exercise and thanking my lucky stars! Starting very soon!
 
@SurreyGirl - while you don't want to let it rule your life on the number of steps each day, etc., one of the things I love about the FitBit watch is that I get a reminder through it every hour to get up and move.
 
I bet she did hug you for £60 @Bevlah! :heehee: I'm the lady who can use any loo...
Went into town for a coffee with OH as it was such a lovely day and I hadn't left the house since Friday. Bad leg kept giving way a bit which was scary and hadn't happened since I tightened my glutes regularly. Horrid chair in the cafe, steps and a difficult door. Did manage to find a comfier seat. Nice to get out but still such a performance getting in and out of the car and I walk very very slowly. A steep learning curve the last few months on what it must be like to be permanently disabled.
 
Interesting visit with the acupuncturist, Bev.
Getting into an exercise routine can be difficult. But I'll bet if you stick with your plan you'll see your stress level go down also. I hope today is a good day. Hugs to you :friends:
@Bevlah
 
Hope you are all having a good day! I did a straight 4 hours this morning working from home. A bit naughty as got sucked in and didn't get up and walk around enough. Brain back in gear which really helps although still triple-checking everything I do. I did listen to that radio programme yesterday whilst walking around the house, for 45 minutes so that counts as exercise doesn't it! ?

This afternoon I had a minor mishap, stepping down from the very big step from our front door to the ground I misjudged whilst on one crutch and OUCH - a nasty searing pain tore through the top part of my scar and it really hurt. Tried doing a few steps plus lifting knee up and all ok but was crying. Neighbour next door could hear the drama. Husband helped me get into the car and then said "Hospital or Pub?"…. My answer was the latter. First time I have used ice in the car on the way there and now putting my foot up on the bed and answering emails on my iPhone for the rest of the afternoon… GRRGH!

Oh, and treated myself to a strong "coffee tiramisu" which helped make me feel much better!

PS Do I have to hug my physiotherapist as she charges £40? Or will a well-meaning handshake do?
 
Oh dear @SurreyGirl I hope you're ok you poor thing. The gym was a success. Walked for 25 minutes, albeit slowly and gripping on for dear life, but it felt good . Also went for a walk at lunch time. I find that if I walk I am not stiff or in pain. When I sit for longer than 15 minutes it's like I am 100 years old and it all hurts and is stiff. I remember from last time it did get better so I will be patient
 
Yay, Bev :walking:that's some decent walking to start with. Good for you!
Promise there will be none of this > :treadmill:
Hope the rest of your day is good. Beddy bye time soon across the pond, I'll bet..
Sweet Dreams tonight :yawn: :sleep:
@Bevlah
 
Bev, so far, I'm the only one I know who did that dive off the treadmill (the Russian judge only scored it at 4.5) - did it at PT!
 
@Bevlah great to hear. Agree too much sitting around now stuffens one up!

@SaraK oops! I can’t imagjnr how that must have felt!
 
@SurreyGirl - my pride was the only thing injured. When it was clear I was going to go down, I tried to just relaxed and tried not to twist or do anything that would make it worse. It was the fastest I've ever seen that PT move, though, and I was glad it happened there and not at my gym!
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary Lefty!
Hope you're having a good day, Bev.
A cool but pretty Fall day on tap here. The leaves are changing and look so pretty when there's sunshine! :SUNsmile:
I hope it's lovely today in your part of the world too.
Big hugs:loveshwr:
@Bevlah
 
Hope all is well with you, Bevlah.
Glad you are being patient with this recovery.
Lots of folks wishing you all the best!:friends:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom