THR Second one - hope it's better than the first

Hi guys had my 6 week check up yesterday. Mentioned my lack of ROM (my favourite topic!) Basically, protusio is very rare and they had to cut more muscles and delve a bit deeper so there is no guarantee my muscles will ever get better. Thanks!!!! I am still going to go to physio and I will try :censored:!!!! I want to tie shoelaces..... Not much to ask is it? But I am back at work, part time but it feels good to be "normal" there is pain in the hip because I am sitting all morning but I do get up every hour to stretch. It's been quite a journey this year and a long way to go but at least I don't have the second op hanging over my head.
 
Good to hear from you Bevlah but sorry to hear about the muscle issue. Let’s hope you get back as much as you can...
 
Great to hear you're back to work and handling it well.
Sorry you're disappointed about your ROM, but possibly Physio will
help somewhat. Until then, there are a lot of cute slip on shoes out there these days, Bev.
But I get it, you want to do, what you want to do. Goals!
Hope you have a great weekend!
@Bevlah
 
My second hip operation recovery tool aaaahhhhh he is gorgeous
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Second one - hope it's better than the first
    FB_IMG_1538150070071.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 231
A funny story..... At work today I fell off my chair! God knows how but I think I was leaning over to pick up a pen. Made everyone in the office have a cardio but I found it very funny!!!! It was hard getting back up which is the flipping reality of this journey but we still have to see the funny side
 
When I stepped in a hole and fell while hiking with my son this summer, I'm not sure who was more relieved - him or me! It was 2 miles back to civilization. If I hadn't been able to continue walking, I was afraid he would roll me into the alligator infested pond next to the walking path (after taking the car keys of course). Glad we didn't have to test that one. And very glad you didn't hurt anything other than your ego during your dive!
 
Be careful @Bevlah! Find that person at work who will be the designated pen picker-upper!! There's bound to be one well suited for the job. Limber, friendly, good hips, service oriented... You can't be falling.
And .. Oh my goodness what a beautiful grandbaby he is!! Love the BW photo. As for your muscles, just know the body is a miracle garden always growing new crops and replenishing itself. With over 70 trillion cells all leaning towards wellness, don't bet against it! If we can sit back and build new bone, why not new muscle. I think you will be surprised what can happen given time.

Now it's time to go water down the pony leg...
 
Oh Bev, he's so precious! Like I said before...there is no mistaking him for a girl. Some babies at first...hard to tell. Not that little sweetheart.

Fell off the chair?!! :yikes: Thankfully you're okay...right?
Thanks for sharing the baby photo. Have fun smothering him with kisses! :loveshwr:
@Bevlah
 
Oh my stars...gorgeous baby!
What a wonderful peaceful picture.
How many times have I said...No Falling:no-fin:
Glad you are okay!:oyvey:
 
@Layla yep definitely a boy!! @Mojo333 I know I know I need to be more careful!!! @1stSurgery muscle garden eh? I love it and you're right I will hold onto that thought thank you X. @SaraK alligators seriously?? Ha ha @SurreyGirl grabber being brought in in Monday! Thank you for your kind words about my gorgeous grandson. I have become one of those annoying Nana's always bragging about him!!!
 
Hi Bev,
I want to thank you for the sweet birthday wish on my thread. It would be fun if we could all meet someday but this will have to suffice. I enjoy communicating with friends across the pond, especially sweet ones like you. I hope you're doing well. Warm wishes for a wonderful end to the week....Hugs!
@Bevlah
 
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY @Layla! So sorry I missed it! You're a lovely libra of course! :)
I hope you had a beautiful day and did something that made you feel especiallygood! You spend so much time on here making all of us in pain moaners feel better everyday ...you deserve to have someone treat you to a very special day! Or you could do what I do...celebrate your birthday season instead of just one little lousy ole day. My friends all know now that I'm good to celebrate my birthday anytime in the autumn. Sept, Oct, Nov...it's all good. That way the people who are too busy or out of town at your birthday have the luxury of taking you out anytime during the season! And you get to eat cake for three months!! :snork::snork:
Hope it was a memorable one!!
 
Back to full time at work now! I was shattered yesterday but at least it's a step closer to full recovery. Off to acupuncture today for my back. I will let you know if it works!!! We have warm weather here in the UK!!!
 
Let us know how that goes Bevlah! I am back on reduced hours for 3 weeks. Thought of you yesterday when I was at work, dropped a pen and didn’t have my grabber. I got up and did a golfers reach to get it! How often do you get up and stretch?

I think we need a special thread for those of us who have to go back to work and how to survive it, including dealing with OH, HR and paperwork. Btw have still not received my discharge letter from the hospital...

And yes we Summer uk Hippies are very lucky with the weather..
 
Best to you this week. I'm sure it will wear you out...I was surprised how whipped I was after returning to work.
You have done so well!:tada:
Love to hear how the acupuncture goes.
 
Hope you can still fit in some rest on your off time.
Hooray for warm weather! Hopefully some sunshine too :SUNsmile:
Wishing you the best for your accupuncture appointment.
I hope it brings you the relief you're seeking. Big hugs, Bev :friends:
@Bevlah
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom