Guest viewing is limited

THR Second one - hope it's better than the first

Thanks guys so far! Will get magnesium, do mojos stretches and will look into acupuncture .... Watch this space!
 
How does your surgeon feel about a chiropractor? Have you seen a physio for it?
 
Hi @SaraK I saw a chiropractor before the op and was not impressed as he left me in more pain that before! I saw a physio also before my op who gave me excercises v but seriously nothing is helping!!!!!
 
Well darn! Massage therapy? I have a friend who is a massage therapist and used to be a physical therapist. I wish it were covered by insurance but willing to pay for her magic hands. She does a particular type of trigger point massage.
 
Love your poem @Bevlah ! :roseshwr:

Re the back.... I agree with all the other suggestions offered, I have used the stretching in bed and out, arms overhead and it relieves pressure. But with an injury, I also got relief from those stick on peel off pain patches, Salonpas is the popular brand in the states - not sure if they carry them in UK. They make one that uses hot peppers in the formula (Capsaicin) and heats up the area, relaxing the spasms...it has helped me with bad back issues in past. They also make one with Lidocaine that I've not tried but heard good reports on. Tiger Balm has a patch too that works pretty well. Lastly if you're back sleeping at night I work those pillows and insert small flattish decorative pillows in the small of the back to support at the arch and relieve more pressure. But I slide them in there and shuffle them around until it's just right. After I have carefully placed the other 72 pillows around all body parts that is...
 
Thanks guys! I do have a magnesium spray which I sprayed on the back last night which did seem to help. There are some great ideas here which I thank you all for your time in replying. I have found the acupuncture lady who I used for morning sickness 24 years ago (which worked) is still practicing so I will call her on Monday. I will literally try anything. Will also buy some magnesium tablets today. @1stSurgery ha ha ha I did laugh re the 72 cushions. My partner has moved out of the bedroom to the spare room as there is just no room in the bed with all of my cushions! There will be more tonight in the small of my back :rotfl:
 
I was watching a TV programme last night "celebrity island with Bear Grylls" for those who are not familiar it's about a bunch of celebs being dumped on an island for 3 weeks and they have to fend for themselves. Anyway, Eric Roberts (Julia Roberts brother) is on there 6 weeks post op from a hip operation!!!?!!!!!?!!?!? I mean he has to sleep on the floor, no millions of cushions @1stSurgery. He has to sit on a tree bark, I can't even sit on a wooden chair without lots of cushions! It's a very hilly island, hills are something I struggle with. Imagine the bugs etc is he not worried about infection? No ice, no elevation and no food especially protein for bone regrowth @Josephine would have a fit!!!! He has to be in his seventies but he has not complained and just gets on with it. I know we all have different recovery times but I was shocked!!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
 
Did Eric Roberts actually have a THR? I can't even imagine, if so. You can't help but wonder how many creature comforts these people really have behind the scenes in these so called reality shows.

How's your recovery going, Bev? I'll bet smelling and kissing that sweet baby is helping it along. Natural mood lifter! Hope you're having a great day.
@Bevlah
 
@Layla in the opening episode it was mentioned that he was 6 weeks post op thr. My eyes popped out of my head seriously!! They don't have any creature comforts it's real basic, having to make their own camp and as far as food is concerned they have to find it so don't eat much!! I can't believe a doctor let him go on! Madness.....
 
I can't believe a doctor would allow that either. Possibly he couldn't resist the opportunity.
Not sure how active he is anymore. The only thing I recall seeing him in was a movie about the murder of Dorothy Stratton, over 30 yrs ago and he was creepy in it. Played the part well.

I recall getting around with relative ease at six weeks post op but the energy certainly wasn't there.
As you mentioned, he's not young either. :shrug: I don't get it. I'd worry about falling, injury, getting the sleep my body needs to heal, etc. He should have checked in with us, we could have dissuaded him :heehee:
@Bevlah
 
Even I wouldn't have attempted that at 6 weeks (although maybe more due to the bugs and lack of food and a comfortable bed than it being physically challenging). Same ol' SaraK! :loll:
 
Hope the back is getting better @Bevlah with all the suggestions and the 72 pillow dance!

A brief, gentle word of defense on behalf of Eric Roberts, who is one of the nicest men and kindest husbands in town! He's in his 60s and works non-stop, it's almost inconceivable how many shows and films he can squeeze into a year -- visit his IMDb page to see, I think this year alone he's at @50 productions already. Not blockbusters, but he loves working and has a retirement goal to make enough and retire soon so he can tend to their post-show biz humanitarian goals, which are largely environmental. His wife, who is also a wonderful person, is his manager and travels to almost every show with him. In a town somewhat bereft of strong marriages, they both set a rare example that goes against the grain. He's smart, funny and down to earth, as is Eliza, his wife.

Just wanted to make sure you get to hear the other side of him maybe not so evident on the show, (which I've not seen). And also, as @Layla wisely suspected, know that there is very little "reality" in reality programming! :) ...Just a smidgen!

He was a martial arts guy for years and also suffered femur injury when younger in a car accident, and yes did have THR. I agree with you guys, I would not want to be trekking around hilly terrain 6 weeks out either. But I doubt we could have dissuaded him. A definite contender for the ODIC... Possible chairman material. :heehee:
 
:heehee: I agreed with, @Bevlah, that Eric Roberts was old.
I changed my mind, I just read he's my age. :rotfl:
Youngsters. Are. We. Hey, I'm as young as I'll ever be!
Still don't understand wanting to do that at 6 weeks post op :shrug:
 
@Layla, I always say that at age "forty-twenty-five" -- I'm in my late 40s. Very late 40s.
Borrowed from the French who, rather than say 17 say "ten-seven" (Dix-sept) and for 70 they say "sixty-ten" and for 80 it's even more creative, they say "four-twenties"!
So I'm 40-25. Late 40s. :heehee:
 
Omg he is 62! Bless him he has had a hard paper round then! I agree @1stSurgery he seems lovely and is very witty, I wasn't putting him down, just his decision to be there! I am also envious as his recovery is obviously super fast! He is walking with a limp though bless him. My back still good on...... Am doing all of my lovely bs friends suggestions but to no avail. Doctor's tomorrow so I will have an good moan there! Did try a tens machine last night and actually slept well so maybe that's my saviour? :shrug:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom