Guest viewing is limited

THR Second one - hope it's better than the first

Oh my stars....he IS scummy!:roseshwr:

Welcome to the world, Oscar!

Take care of yourself grandma!
Hope today is a good day !:SUNsmile:
 
He is the perfect reward for your surgery bravery!
 
Aww, baby Oscar. He definitely looks like a boy. No mistaking his gender.
Scrumpdillyicious! Love the scent of a baby. Big Congrats, Nanny.
Hope you have a great week, Bev.
@Bevlah
 
He has eyes!!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Second one - hope it's better than the first
    IMG-20180822-WA0002.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 302
Beautiful eyes...innocent beautiful eyes.
Hope nanabev is taking care of Herself!
Hope today is a great day...:loveshwr:
 
@Mojo333 yes nana bev is taking good care of herself. What better motivation than a new grandson to get you better! Also I am off work so able to go and visit him!! I feel more balanced now with them both done. The other one is still in recovery so I feel that it's worked out well. I just feel so well in myself and have been eating well. I am tired, stiff etc but it's all a bit more bearable this time around. I even walked without any aids indoors whereas this time on my last hip I was laid out feeling sick and struggling to get up to walk! I expect bumps and dips along the way but just enjoying this time now for what it is.
 
Oh he's precious! And dark hair too. What a cutie pie.
I'm so happy this recovery is better than the last, Bev and that you feel more balanced.
Hopefully over the next few months it will all fall into place with both new hips.
They're getting familiar with one another :wink: Now they just need to work in unison.
And what a wonderful distraction during recovery....that baby boy!
Hugs
@Bevlah
 
He's perfect Bev.....new babies are so special, and I love the way they purse their little mouths as if they are looking round at us all and finding us wanting! You've had children, so no need to remind you to make the most of every minute.....they grow up so fast :boohoo: Congratulations, what a lovely way of taking your mind off that hip :happydance:
 
It's really morning here for me:mcoffee: but I saw you out and about checking in on folk...so wanted to see how you were doing?
Hope all is going well...incision closing up!?
Icing it up too?
Really glad this one seems to be less stressful on you and hope all continues to go well!:)
 
Morning @Mojo333 I hope you're well? Thanks for stopping by. Had those horrid staples out this morning, a step closer to full recovery!!! Unfortunately there is an overlap in the incision which hasn't closed up and is leaking. Quite annoying as I still have to have precautions when showering as they put in steri strips and covered it up again. A small issue in an otherwise great recovery. I really cannot compare the 2 recoveries. The last one was awful and still not great at 7 months ( it feels better now it's having to be the good one!) This one really has been a breeze. Sleeping great, no real energy drain, off painkillers. Walking indoors with no aids a bit. Really, is this me???? I am realistic enough to know it may change but I am living the moment and the moment is good. Probably the new grandson is helping eh??
 
:) I think so.
Attitude is everything in my opinion.
Plus, you had a clue about what to expect.
You've been here long enough to know that there have been others who have described the same with the incision.
Just watch it close!
Love the little soft fold of baby skin just at that armpit. Melancholy for newborn sweetness.
Have a great day!:loveshwr:
 
@Mojo333 hi I am unsure about what you mean with the incision? You are worrying me now!! My
 
No you silly!:) :-) (:
I mean I've seen it as very common!
Just keep an eye on it meaning til all closed up.
No worries!
 
Hi Bevlah, I'm happy to read you're having such a great recovery. Especially because I know you feel your first was less than stellar. I'll bet with time all will even out, now that you have two new hips. They'll learn how to work in unison.

I'm quite sure you have nothing to worry about as, Mojo mentioned, we do read of others with leaky incisions. I'll bet it closes soon. You are ONLY 15 days out, your wound is covered and you're moving forward as advised.

I think WE ALL need to be aware of the signs early on, no matter what your situation.
It never hurts to be armed with info. I feel the same about blood clot protocol.

Some common signs of infection are:
Fever
Unusual or increasing pain
The incision is hot to the touch
A change in the size of the incision
A change in the odor of the discharge
A yellow or green discharge that is increasing
Redness or hardening of the surrounding area
Excessive bleeding that has soaked through the incision

I'll bet you're just loving that sweet smelling baby! What a fun time for you.
Big hugs, Bev.
@Bevlah
 
Hi guys. Thanks I will keep an eye on it. The nurse said there were no signs of infection and I will keep it covered. I am going back next Monday so they can check on it so I am sure it will be fine!!
 
Yes, I didn't mean to make you anxious.
Healing hugs Nanabev
 
So my plaster had lots of yellow patches this morning so managed to get an appointment to see a nurse. She found three overhangs of flesh where the skin hasn't fused and is leaking yellow stuff. Yuk!!!! So I have to go back every couple of days to get it checked. Serves me right for being so smug with my recovery this time........:heehee:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom