THR Second one - hope it's better than the first

Better to be safe than sorry, Bev. I'll bet your incision closes up soon.
This doesn't have to spoil your wonderful recovery.
Get yourself distracted with that yummy baby boy.
Hope you have a great end to the week!
@Bevlah
 
Glad they are seeing about it.
Hiccup...that's all.
Hope your weekend is sweet!:) :-) (:
 
Stopping by to say Hi :hi: Bev.
I hope you had a nice weekend.
How is your incision doing? Hopefully better.
Best wishes for a good week and a closed incision :fingersx:
@Bevlah
 
@Layla hi lovey yes all good. I am cuddling my grandson as we speak!!! Incision seems to be behaving thank goodness! Three weeks post op and all good. My back is the problem from when I fell down the stairs a couple of months back. Think it's probably due to the inactivity and sleeping on my back. Have some muscle relaxers from the doc so hopefully they work. If it's not one thing is the other eh! Hope you're well
 
Thank you @Bevlah for inspiring me with your second hip story! Sounds like you're doing so well! And yes I would concur that the endorphin rush of the new Oscar is playing more than a small role in your healing. He's so adorable!! And what fun, to look forward to those cuddles! I need to rent me a grandchild for post op! Continue on with the healing and snuggling! I think Oscar will see you through this hip in ninja speed..
 
Think it's probably due to the inactivity and sleeping on my back
That certainly didn't help my back issues either.
Hope today is a good day, Nana
 
Last edited:
I just drove to the shops even though the clutch is on my op side!!! :happydance:i didn't drive until 8 weeks post op last time. The worst bit was carrying the shopping in. Dumped it on the kitchen work top and now enjoying a cup of tea on my decking in the sun. I also have a pain in the neck @Mojo333 but don't even mention that!!!!
 
Yay for driving, Bev :yay: You've already been shopping and now on the deck in the sun.
I'm drinking coffee at 6:50 am
Always gives me a chuckle how we're all over the map with times and days.
I'm sure our Australian friends are going to bed about now.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
@Bevlah
 
A hippy poem for a Monday......

Remember the days when you could drop anything
Without then having to root around for your grabber thing
Remember the days when you could slip on underwear
Without lining up some helpful tools to get you there
Remember the days when you could complete simple tasks
Without bursting into tears then finding someone to ask
Remember the days when you could sleep on your side or front
Without spending the night on your back making sounds like a grunt
Remember days of extreme bone on bone Pain
Without this you could go walking in the rain
Remember no pain killers could take away this hell
Without OA in your joints, painkillers work well
Remember despair, restrictions and why me?
Without the call to the doctor this would continue to be
Remember finding out there was hope with an operation
Without this you would get worse with deterioration
Remember my friends when you are full of frustration
Patience is needed now to get over this operation
There is a pain free life out there waiting for us to live it
So rest, ice, walk, sleep and get well then with both hands go grab it!!!
Happy Monday to you all xxx
 
Aww, Bev, me likey :yes: So cute and TRUE.
Thanks for sharing. Hope your week is great :flwrysmile:
@Bevlah
 
This is going to be a bit of a journey — but I hope that you will recover your strength quickly in spite of the complications. Don’t let anyone tell you that you need to do things faster. Getting your strength back and staying ahead of the pain is FIRST!
 
Happy One Month Anniversary, Bev :flwrysmile:
Hope you've been having a good week.
Sending a hug and best wishes for a great weekend as you continue healing.
@Bevlah
 
:yahoo:Great poem...so very true!

Hope you are getting stronger every day.
Hope your weekend is sweet.
:SUNsmile:
 
Question to all my hippy people as we are all United in pain. I fell down the stairs a couple of months back and hurt my back. I have tried an osteopath (well 2 sessions then it was the hip op!) Muscle relaxant pulls, strong painkillers, PT excercises etc etc. With the spinal for the first 5 days it didn't hurt. Then I held my grandson and it all came back and still hurts more than the hip. It's getting me down to be honest as I have just had enough of pain. It's muscular in the middle of my back. Hot water bottles help but it's only short lived. If I stand for too long it's agony. I am still 80% in the night sleeping on my back which just makes it worse. So my question is does anyone have any pearls of wisdom to help? I have been told that it's muscles in spasm and they have to be retrained that there is no trauma on the way. They must be a bit thick as this happened nearly 3 months ago!!!! I am due back to work in less than 2 weeks in an office and I struggled before the op to sit in my chair. I had hot water bottles, I even went and bought myself a better chair which did help but I am not looking forward to being in more pain!!!! Help please I will try anything. Thanks in advance :wink:
 
I am not a yoga person but find that if I raise my arms over my head ...light stretching consistently..two or three times per day it helps my back.
Even lying in bed! Gently stretching those muscles and doing it gently for short periods...mindfully and often.

Hopefully you will get some more above from others.
Sorry it's giving you fits!
 
Bev, I'm sorry you're struggling with this. It sounds miserable. The only think I can think of to add
is to try supplementing with Magnesium in an effort to help ease your muscles into relaxation.


Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

Hugs and wishes you find relief soon!
@Bevlah
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom