THR Second one - hope it's better than the first

Sending hugs and healing wishes your way this Tuesday.
I hope you're resting comfortably and they're providing you with > :ice:
Update when you're able.
@Bevlah
 
Hello all sorry I haven't posted but the room I was in had no reception and they have moved me to another one. Well, I don't do things by half do I?

The spinal was fine this time as I asked to be given something before so I was like hey man I am completely numb but who cares? Then I was wheeled in and asleep. Next thing I know I am wide awake and can hear drilling ... oh no!!! The anesthetist (shall I call him that now as he didn't keep me asleep!) Apologized that I was awake but apparently I had stopped breathing! Right choice there then anesthetist!!

So I then lay there completely lucid listening to him hammering my leg. It was my worst nightmare but thankfully it was at the end of the op but not the beginning. I am thankfully not scarred for life!!!! A dinner party story now!

My spinal wore off 10 minutes after the op so I must be some sort of rhino! So pain management was again a bit of a nightmare but once they gave me morphine, life got better!!! Anyway enough doom and gloom. I feel great!! Literally feel normal. Last time I felt so ill and really not myself for weeks. This time apart from the soreness I really do feel great. I got up walking within 3 hours of the op.

I used the commode not the dreaded bed pan. I told the nurses that I wanted the physio to get me up so I could use the commode and they did!! I got up myself after that with no help. Used the crutches yesterday no probs.

They moved me out of the ward yesterday and put me in some sort of transitional room so I didn't disturb the new op ladies from yesterday cos I was so well and probably talking too much! I am now waiting for the physio to do the stairs with me so I can go home!!!! Last time I was in for 4 days.

The only problem is they have been giving me slow release morphine day and night which had really knocked the pain out of my life. They won't send me home with it which I am gutted about. She says I won't need it but I don't think they appreciate the complexity of my op.

The surgeon who assisted spoke to me after and said it was quite a difficult op and I had lost a lot of blood. They rebuilt my pelvis with the bone graft but I needed more restrictions as there is a high possibility of dislocation. Great news!

Anyway I am going to call my doctor this morning to see if I can get some prescribed drugs today. So all in all a much better experience than last time. I even slept from 8 am-6.30pm this morning! They shut my door at 8 so it was quiet and I was out for the count. Always been a good sleeper me.

So that's me now a double hippy! Now just need to get better for the arrival of my grandson. Happy days............
 
Welcome to the double hippie club! Bummer about being awake during the op. I woke up during my LTHR and they wouldn't put me under again. It's a bit unnerving as the procedure is very noisy. But we survived!

What kind of restrictions do you have? Sounds like your op was pretty complex.
 
Oh my stars Bevlah.:flabber:
What a harrowing account!

So happy you have your pain managed.
Great for being to get up so soon and use the toilet too!:yes!:
You're going to be one awesome grandma.
Yes, you'll have to be extra cautious with the reconstruction job, but finally this could be the beginning of getting you your life back and where you wanted to be after first one.
You're a tough cookie there, Bevlah.
Glad you are okay!
Having hugs coming your way!:loveshwr:
 
I feel for both you and Jaycey.
I think waking during surgery would f-r-e-a-k me out :yikes:
Luckily that's behind you. It seems you're doing well.
I hope they get the pain relief figured out so you can rest easy.
Wishing you comfort as you transition to home. Hugs
@Bevlah
 
Am home and feeling good! They said I would be ok with paracetamol and I was like hold on one cotton picking minute! So I called my doc and got Tramadol and morphine which my partner picked up for me. I must admit my pain has been so much better this time and I actually feel like me! I have been eating too!! Yes waking up is not to be recommended but it's done now
 
Wonderful news, Bev. I hope this recovery continues to feel better than your first.
I'm sure there is less anxiety involved also having been through it all before.
Hope you get lots of restorative rest now that you're home. Stay in touch.
@Bevlah
 
@Jaycey omg how noisy was it!?!?! Very frightening but like you say we survived! It's my new dinner party story and just typical of my luck! Good news is my recovery n is absolutely wonderful this time! Hope you're ok
 
Brilliant news @Bevlah - apart from the waking up bit of course. Great that you're home so soon and feeling so good. You deserve it.
 
Hi Bevlah!
Hoping that you are settling in and are managing your pain and cuddling with your old icy pal!:ice:
Wishing you a healing weekend!
 
Hi tried a shower on my own this morning not to be recommended!!!!! My scar seems to be longer and more in my butt cheek around the back. Am wondering if he cut a bigger hole to make it easier, hence it's less painful this time?

I was only getting out of hospital this time last recovery!! Happy Friday to you all. Did feel very sick yesterday but managed to get some tablets from the doc which seemed to have helped. Don't put up with sickness ladies get help!!!
 
Clean and comfortable!
So glad this one is going smoother...:fingersx: all stays easier this time.
Friday, thankfully.
Hope your weekend is restful and healing!
 
Thankfully this recovery is happening with more ease.
Or is it just that you're an old pro now, Bev?
See Bev run, see Bev jump, see Bev spin on her head :spin:
Hope you have a peaceful relaxing weekend.
Big hugs :friends:
@Bevlah
 
Week 1 post op today! Not felt so great as I did with post op sickness etc but still feel better than last time. The best news is my beautiful perfect grandson was born yesterday. He is anaabsolut beautiful and I will try to upload a photo today. One happy double hippy nanny today!!!!
 
Congratulations on your new grandson. You definitely have the incentive to be mobile now. I'm sure pushing the baby buggy would be good exercise for you!
 
Oh how wonderful.
Hope everyone is doing well.
I love babies.:roseshwr:
 
New baby boy! Super exciting, Bev. So happy for you.
Post a photo if you can. What's the sweethearts name?

Hope you had a nice weekend and wishing you a wonderful week!
Hugs
@Bevlah
 
[Bonesmart.org] Second one - hope it's better than the first


This is oscar born on the 19th 7lb 8 Oz and he is absolutely scrummy!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom