Guest viewing is limited

THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
chisels1, Rockland, Maine -- in fact, all of mid-coast Maine -- are among my favorite places on earth! So much beauty! People born in Maine are "Mainers," and those of us who just love it are "Maine-iacs." I'm so glad you'll be able to take this trip. You must be so proud of your son, Tim! "Fair winds and following seas."
 
chisels1 I hope you have a wonderful time with your family. I have always wanted to go to Maine, some day I will. I have been to NY on the east coast but that's it. We had daugthers that lived in PA and I took a day trip with one of them into the city for the day. It was fun, we had a good time. But i think Maine and Washington DC and Boston would all be fun places to see. BeckyR I can see the sunrise now. It will be beautiful.There's nothing like that over the water. I glad to hear you're doing well and getting on with life:yes!:
 
Oh sandybeach, I can't wait to see the sunrise over the beach at our retirement beach house.... Sigh... Dream on Poppet...
 
Poppet, we have a lake lot but have been too busy to spend much time there this summer. After next weekend we hope to get some camping in and see the sunset over the water. We have a small sandybeach there too but not the kind I really enjoy like in Mexico or Florida.
 
sandybeach, sounds lovely, our retirement home looks over the Ocean and part of our land is one k for a tidal inlet... It is magic!

Tic, Toc... long lazy days of retirement late 2014... Lots of time to watch the sunrise over the beach for this girl then... Sigh!
 
chisels1 and BeckyR I grew up in Cushing, Maine. What a small world it is! When you are in Rockland, you need to go to Cushing and see the Olson House. It is a gorgeous spot, and lots of Wyeth history. When you go there, you'll see a cabin tucked in the woods, near the Olson House. I lived there for years! :) It's my old "hood"...Rockland, Thomaston, Friendship. Great this time of year!! Enjoy! Next year, I hope to be able to travel and go "home" for a visit. I look forward to hearing all about your trip!!!
 
Poppet, retirement home on the ocean...it doesn't get better than that. You will be able to sit on your porch, drink your favorite beverage and have a show all the time as the water and sunlight continue to change. Just the sound of the ocean is relaxing. I need a vacation.....lol.
 
Jojool I would love to go to Maine. I've never been there but I envision it as fishing villages and lots of seafood places and lots of history.
 
Hi sandybeach, I'm doing fine thanks, just posted a 20 & 7 week report on my thread. Don't get on here as often being at work, I expect you find that too!! Henry is a very calm dog, the picture was taken on holiday last year when we went on a canal boat, he loved lying on the deck as we sailed down the canal. I hope you get to take a vacation soon, I can't wait for our trip to Devon, I'm just hoping the weather will be kind to us.
 
Littlejem yeah it does seem harder to find the time to log on. Life is getting busier all the time and now I can enjoy it. I will have to hop over to your thread and get caught up with your recovery. I don't know when I will get to take a vacation. We had a family reunion this past weekend, we stayed overnight in a hotel and I was able to make full use of the hot tub, it felt so good.
 
You are right, life is getting busy again and it is wonderful to be able to join in and enjoy it!! We had a family get together a few weeks ago that I failed at by going to bed really early but I have another one in a few weeks and I'm hoping it will be a lot easier for me to enjoy!! Glad you enjoyed the hot tub!! x
 
sandybeach Where I grew up in Maine is exactly what you envision. Small, mostly fishing towns. Although in the last 20 years, most of the coastal property has been bought up by out-of-staters and even the fishermen can't afford to live on the water. It's kinda sad. But, my town was a town of 800 people. That's it! No stop lights, only one little general store. It was nice, but the weather in the winter stunk. I actually slipped on the ice back in 2001 and broke my back. Moved here to Arizona in 2005 and have never looked back. I love the weather here, even if we have to put up with 100*+ during the summer.
 
Jojool, My brother-in-law and his wife live in Arizona also. We have been out there a couple times over the years. It is so different there from here, it would take a lot for me to get used to it. I don't enjoy long cold winters but I don't know if I could deal with that kind of heat either. I could become one of those snowbirds.
 
I haven't posted an update in quite a while so I thought I should do that. Everything is still going good for me. My legs/hips are getting stronger all the time. I am not good at doing exercises so most of my improvement is from day to day activities. I can go up and down stairs with not much effort anymore. I can walk pretty much as long as I want to with no problems. My legs aren't as strong as they should be, I do still have work to do but I feel pretty good and do everything I want to do without pain. Or well I do need to correct that, I have developed pain in my right foot. I am going to see a foot next week to see what I need to do now to get that to stop hurting. I think I might just need new shoes, maybe with more support....I will see if that's the fix. I still go by the advice on here....if it hurts don't do it.
 
sandybeach thanks for the update, so glad to hear you're pain free! (except for the foot!) I'm looking forward to my surgery...getting a few things done this week in anticipation. only 5 days to go!
 
Jojool The day is almost here :yes!: It has been a long time in coming for you but by Tuesday you will already feel better and it will continue to keep on improving. I will be waiting to read your post op thread and follow your recovery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom