Guest viewing is limited

THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but I was so grateful to be there. I was really worried about the trip. Probably should have done the surgery before the wedding but did not want to risk missing it if there were complications.
 
That was another reason I was glad to have my surgeries when I did because I knew his wedding was this fall so by then I would be healed up. Well, at least you were there and made it through and I am sure you had a good time, probably not a lot of dancing though. ...I don't know how much dancing I will do either but probably a little:cheers2:
 
Well hippies with labor day coming up and the summer winding down, how much evidence of your hip issues remain? How long before you don't have any pain, or do you always have like a dull, weak soreness from time to time. I notice that with each week I can move a bit more freely without a certain level of noticeable soreness. If I lie on my side when sleeping I feel a dull soreness, a mild ache. Does this all eventually go away?
 
Oh, I almost forgot. Had our trip to Maine, I walked everywhere, went on board my son's ship, then went to Mt. Battie and hiked around there but I didn't climb the tower. Then went to the Rockland breakwater light I walked a quarter of the way. Its a 2 mile round trip breakwater out to the light and back. We walked and shopped in Rockland's gallery shops. When we finally went back to the Hotel I used the hot tub, had a Jim Beam,neat and was totally relaxed. The weather was absolutely beautiful all three days. I highly recommend a trip to the Maine mid coast.
 
chisels1 Sounds like you're doing really well and doing great after all that walking. The hot tub and a beverage sounds like a perfect way to end the day. I would love to go to Maine....someday I will and I will be walking like you did. I am doing really well too. Some stiffness that comes and goes. I need to really start working more on becoming more flexible and my plan is do get into yoga classes that are starting in about a month. After my last surgery and the PT that I had gone through I got to the point that I had enough pain for a while and took a break from the stretching and flexing and trying to get my muscles into places they haven't been for a while. Now I feel that I have given my joints time to heal and it's time to get into exercise.
 
chisels1 You bring back memories when you talk about Rockland, maine. My old stomping grounds. Grew up in Cushing. Glad you had good weather, I hear they've had a crappy summer with rain most days. It is a lovely place to go when the weather is good!!!
 
sandybeach Hey hipster sister how are you doing? Thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. I am doing pretty well and getting more and more movement all the time. It is now getting to the point to where I don't even think about my hip. Hope all is well with you.
 
Hi Liveringer I am about where you are. There are many times in a day I don't give any thought anymore to my hips. I have been one of the lucky ones to have had a very easy healing process with little to no set backs. I have just gone with "if it hurts don't do it". Are you back to work now? My back to work has gone pretty smoothly. I used to get tired at the end of the day and needed to go right home and rest, now I'm pretty much back to doing many things in the evening. I even began an art class. I work all day and go to the class one night a week.
 
sandybeach and Liveringer, isn't it great when you forget that you have had a hip replaced... I sometimes catch myself doing a particular movement and remember and smile away to myself... :)
 
Poppet I sometimes think standing from a sitting position should still hurt. Like you, it does make me smile when I can do the little things pain free now.
 
sandybeach Yes, I went back to work 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have doubled my hours in this time doing some computer work for her. That is just about done now until Oct. 1 then there will be a few more hours for me. You are right, you & I went through this journey, at about the same pace.
 
Liveringer are you still doing the horseshoe matches? What else do you have for hobbies that you can now do? I actually got up from a kneeling position and didn't have to use a chair to hoist myself up. I know that there are days that I have more strength than others. I hope everything is going well for you.
 
sandybeach,
The horseshoe matches have slowed up, but during the winter months we go indoors and pitch to stay loose. I am still working on my game as being straight now I have to learn to pitch again, I am almost there. The only other thing that we like to do is go to car shows that involves lots of walking and I can handle that again. Kneeling to the floor and getting up gets easier everytime I do it.
 
Liveringer it sounds like you stay pretty active. I don't do any one kind of physical exercise. It would be fun to get involved with something, I just don't know what. I think I would enjoy bike riding, but my bike has a flat tire, on the back where all the gears are and I just haven't had the time or energy to fix it yet. I can also get up from the floor now without the struggle that it used to be. I can do it without the use of a chair to hang onto.
 
sandybeach, hi! I have no idea where my thread is either. I'm doing fine, thanks, and I take it you are, too! In fact, in about 2 months my husband and I are moving to Austin, TX. We decided we had enough winter. It's so hard to leave our friends and family and work here, but we know we'll come back to visit. I hope everything is good with you. XO
 
Your thread is here BarbaraR. To find a thread click on their user name and go to their profile page. Then click on the Postings tab. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a link to "Find all threads by [username]".
 
BarbaraR How exciting to make a move to where winter will no longer be a problem. I have been really well. My hips are doing pretty good. The pain is gone but there's room for strength improvement in my legs and that's coming along, getting better all the time.
 
BarbaraR new hip and now a new city! I've heard that Austin is a wonderful city, very eclectic and artistic with great restaurants. Enjoy! Are you retiring?

sandybeach glad to hear your hips are progressing. You had twice the recovery to get through that we had, and it sounds like you are making it happen.
 
@LeeApril26 @BeckyR @anniemg @Littlejem @Kim22 @TeeEm @BarbaraR @Elosarabrab @chisels1 @Weezi @designergirl @ByGosh @Jojool @zauberflöte @sqwerlie @@Red Shoe @Maeve @Liveringer @Allycat @Audball and anyone that I might have left off, I'm so happy that the list is so long.

I wish each of you a:mer xm: and Happy New Year. A year ago I didn't even know this forum existed, now less than a year later I feel that all of you have become friends to me. We have been through a lot together this past year, sharing things that many of people in our everyday lives would never understand. The day I found this forum I felt welcome and many of my fears were soon calmed. I hope I have been able to make others feel welcome and know that they have a friend in me also:xmas-kitty:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom