Guest viewing is limited

THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandybeach That is such a great report to hear with the exception on your foot. I believe you and I are still at about the same pace. I too am getting stronger everyday, I have aches when I get up in the morning but after moving around for a few minutes I am ready to start my day. Can you believe we are nearly 4 months post op? The achiness in my knees have subsided considerably. I manage to buy an exercise bike at a lawn sale for $5, so I have been using that when I can't get outside. I only have 3 1/2 weeks left before I return back to work, don't know where the summer went. On the other hand, looking forward to returning for a new school year.
 
sandybeach What a wonderful report.You have done so well especially as you have gone through 2 hip replacements in a short time I am sure you will get your foot sorted soon.
 
Kim22 I am thinking more and more my foot problem is the shoes/sandals I was wearing. I am wearing more sensible shoes that are pretty boring but my foot is feeling better. I'm still going to the foot doctor next week just to make sure that's all that's wrong. Liveringer where has the time gone? I have been back to work, full-time over 2 months. I have come a long way since my first days back. I still get a little bit of a limp if I have been on my feet a lot or if I'm tried. I feel so much more like getting up and doing things almost back to where I was before the hip pain began. I remember how had it was going up steps, I still need to hold onto a railing but I'm not depending on that railing like I used to and I go up the steps normal now too.
 
sandybeach Great news that you are just about back to where you were before the hips started to hurt and that the feet are responding to the sensible shoes.its difficult to feel smart and feminine with sensible shoes especially if you need to dress well for the office but they are certainly kinder to the feet.As I don't go out to work I tend to wear training shoes most of the time.My injured toe has meant there is no chance of me wearing pretty shoes at the moment which is awkward as I am going to a Christening on Sunday.
 
Kim22 I came very close to just putting on sandals today but I know that this weekend will be a lot of walking and I figure if I want to enjoy myself I better be kind to my feet. How is your toe healing? You never think about your toes until you injure them....they just seem to come along for the ride being quiet.
 
sandybeach Yes be kind to your poor feet this weekend especially if you intend to do a lot of walking.My toe is not giving me much bother and the bruising has gone but the left hip is hurting I have been referred to the Muscular Skeletal Dept at the hospital for investigation.The pain is in the thigh and knee and is like the Preop pain I had before I had the right hip replaced.I would not be surprised if I also needed the left one done as my mother had.You have done the right thing having both replaced in a short space of time as although it must have been very tough they are over and done with.Of course I am hoping To be proved wrong and its something to do with weak muscles which can be sorted by a course of physio.
 
LeeApril26 I am doing really well. I went to the foot doctor this morning and he said I have something that is called selective flat foot. I have an arch when sitting but it disappears when I walk which is giving me the pain and too the surgery has given me a different walk too. So I need to wear shoes with a better support.
BarbaraR 6 months today....wow. Are you still doing well? Are you going to yoga? How is your husband now since his surgery?
 
sandybeach, you are so sweet to remember. My husband is doing well, thank you, but he's not cleared to play golf yet, which makes him sad. And I am back to yoga! I posted this on my recovery thread Sunday:
[Bonesmart.org] Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

Hope you continue to do well. XO

(I tried to make the picture smaller but it didn't work.)
 
OMG you look fantastic....and so small. You are in really good shape. I would not be able to do that, makes me think I need to do what you're doing. Your husband will be out playing in golf soon I bet.
 
sandybeach I'm sorry about your selective flat foot, but I'm glad you have a diagnosis. I have the world's flattest feet. When I walk my arches roll flat on the floor-born this way. I went to an Asics store and had them test my gait because none of my shoes felt good after the surgery. I bought a pair of Asics Gel Forte-they are firmer than my usual New Balance running shoes, but they feel really good on my arches, and make my knee less painful. Might be worth a try.
 
LeeApril26 the foot doctor gave me a short list of shoe brands and Asics is one of them. My husband keeps telling me to go to a good shoe store and buy my shoes.....I hate to think he's right. I read on the internet that for my condition, walking bare foot is the best thing I can do..
 
sandybeach Check out the Asics on 6pm.com. They don't have the Forte, but they do carry others for moderate to severe pronators, and probably more from your list. Keep in mind that the Asics salesperson said that running shoes should be at least a half-size larger than regular shoes. And, though I usually wear a C width, in Asics I could wear a B.
 
LeeApril26 thanks for the advice, I will check them out. I need also to just go and do some serious shopping. So I might just make that trip to a good shoe store that sells this brand so I can try them on. I haven't gone and just shopped for things I need in over a year now I'm feeling like I can do that now. I also have to start thinking about my son's upcoming wedding. I am hosting the shower in a few weeks and after that the time will come quickly for the actual wedding. Still need to get a dress....I do things sometimes backwards, I already have my shoes.
 
Yes, my son was married on March 2nd, and there are many clothing requirements. If you can find an Asics store, having them do a gait analysis and suggest shoes is helpful. Then you will know the exact shoe and size. I plan to purchase future Asics online when I find sales.
 
LeeApril26 were you able to enjoy the wedding? I'm glad my son is getting married this year rather than last year. I don't know how I would have made it to the wedding or the pre-wedding things. I couldn't hardly do the grocery shopping.
 
sandybeach. I was in serious pain, and had to fly from NY to La then drive two hours just to get there. Luckily the entire long weekend, except for the rehearsal dinner that we hosted, was at a small hotel with lots of lovely rooms all spread out on one level on the grounds. I didn't have to climb stairs, except into the pool. I had to use the cane, and took Percocet every five hours. In the wedding pix and video I look quite stoned. Despite all that I had a really good time. It was wonderful to spend several days with friends and family, and have both families get to know each other. The bride's family lives in LA, and my son and she have been living there for almost three years. We are flying out in mid September for a visit, and I'm so happy I won't be hobbling.
It's great that yours will be post surgery. You 'll be able to do much more.
 
LeeApril26 I would probably be experiencing the same at my son's wedding if I hadn't had my surgeries over with. That's so sad about the pain you were in. Everyone on this site can sympathize with what you went through but for your kids and family you will put yourself through anything. Your family didn't know what kind of pain you were in. You can tell them but they still don't understand.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom