THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peaches how did you return back to work go? What kind of work do you do? I work in an office so I can sit or get up and walk around. My first week well. I wasn't too tired. That was my biggest fear. I more I walk the more my newest hip hurts so that still has a ways to go to be strengthened yet. My first hip is doing great but my second one is still tender. I need to get out and walk more. Liveringer you start back to work on Monday right? I hope it goes well for you and I'm sure it will.
 
Peaches Thank you so much, I am looking forward to returning to work tomorrow even if it is for 9 days and I found out a couple of days ago 3 of the last days are 1/2 days. I saw your thread about going back to work and my hat off to you girl. You did great and seem to be doing all the right things that work for YOU! Take care and may this week here be even better.

sandybeach How is going for you these days? I have seen a lot of my horseshoe pitching friends, and they were shocked to see me. Comments were "she's walking", you look great, how do you feel etc. All ego boosters! No I did not pitch horseshoes my other half did though.
 
Liveringer It sounds like you're doing good and yes I have had backahes or pains in my back as I make some movements. My PT gave a few muscle relaxing moves to get rid of it....the best thing and easy to do is lay on your bed and stretch each leg as far long as you can and hold for 5 seconds. Do this 5 times on each leg and see if that helps. I did me. Mine back hurts lower middle. You're lucky to only have a few days to work and then off for the summer. We are going to get into our busy time at the office so time should go by fast for me.
 
sandybeach Well Sandy I made it through the work day. It was fairly busy, I had a stool near me and sat for a few minutes while running the cash register. Lenora has a good exercise over on her thread lifting your leg behind you and holding it for 10 sec. that is a good one for balance. I like it. Gotta love this site for just the sharing information. I had my therapist today massage my scar as the more activity I do the bumpier it becomes. She used a kids foam bat cost a couple bucks. She applied some pressure and rolled that slowly down over my scar, back up and down again for about 5 minutes, then she went sidewides across it same motion. Then she lighty massaged it with her hands and picking at the skin sorta mode. She told me to do it once or twice a day but if it was sore to do it every other day. I felt pretty good.
 
Liveringer how is your ROM doing? With my first hip I can put on socks by sitting on my bed, bring up my leg, bend it at the knee and put my foot on my bed, reach down to my feet and put socks on with my other hip....no way I still have to use the sock helper for that one. I guess that's what 6 weeks difference looks like. I read Lenora's post with the new exercises, they sound like good ones. I have PT tomorrow so I will see if I need to do things differently. I will update once I'm home from there. I glad your first day back went pretty well. Today I worked my first 6 hour day. I will be doing those this week except Friday I have to work 8 because we need the coverage in the office. I think I will be okay, usually after work it seems like I have other things I need to do like shopping or meet up with friends.
 
Sandy I am happy to hear work is going okay. My ROM is getting better everyday it seems. I no longer use the sock aid. I can put my foot on the bed, reach down and put it on. The accomplishment today was lifting the operated leg to dry my foot. It still need assistance but not in the way it did pre op. I look forward to your post tomorrow after PT.
 
Liveringer isn't the little accomplishments make you feel like you're really heading towards normal? Today I was able to get into my car normal. I put one foot in and then I have enough strength in my other foot to lift that into the car without me helping it. I am not practicing going up stairs normal. That's my next goal. What goals have you set for yourself?
 
Sandy, I can do the car also for about 2 weeks now. Yesterday was the real test after work, before surgery I couldn't lift my leg to get into the car, yesterday normal. My goal that I'm working on now is my gait. I can walk normal if I think about it. So I have everyone around me to tell me when I am limping so that I can walk normal as I now longer have to hike the hip. The stairs well sometimes I do and sometimes I don't it think it is the same as walking.
 
Hi....its great to be able to do normal things like putting on socks......tying shoe laces... Well done guys
 
Liveringer the gait is the other thing I have to work on too. If I walk very far I do get pains in my muscles and then I do limp more. I will take my cane with when I go for walks. clifford149 I feel that every milestone I make is cause for celebration even if it's just a party in my mind...:whistle: It just feels so good to bend over and not get muscle pain. To see my leg be able to bend in ways it hasn't in a few years and so on. I still have a long ways to go but at least it's encouraging to see improvements even it they are small ones.
 
sandybeach meeting up with friends after work-- you rock! I took a little excursion with my son yesterday afternoon, and nearly fell asleep pushing the little basket through the Rite Aid! Had to give up searching for Vitamin E cream or whatever it is. The staff were too quick for me-- I'd get to the end of the aisle and they'd disappeared! So I came home and had a very hard-crash nap, which revived me till 2:00am, not quite the plan...:skep: :mcoffee:
 
Hi Aprils and ZF! I too have been at work. I sit a lot and it kills me to stagger painfully for 10 steps or so when I get up. Not as bad as before surgery but not what I'm after either. I discovered today that if I walk more like a gun slinger with my feet wider apart it is better! I was looking up groin irritation and whatnot to see what might be wrong and what to do, but then I started using the feet shoulder width apart like ZF said she does when she stands up. So far its better but its been less than one day. I think I was mincing along worried about stiffness and anticipating pain and that made it worse. Glad you all are doing well! At 4 weeks I was dragging along still too ZF.
 
westsea pay no attention to what I said I do!! That was before surgery!!!!:rotfl: I still do stagger, but if I get up more frequently, it's not so bad. I think we all do it, maybe for a long time...
Thanks for the 4-week-support!
How has work been going? We want details!! :)
 
I get there fine, no cane. I'm hoping my new get-outta-my-way walk will keep the stiffness and soreness down. I'll let you all know. As far as the job goes, I feel focused and competent when there's something that needs doing. Otherwise I play a bit of geoguessr.com to fill time when there is nothing to do. It is map related after all and my job does deal with maps a lot. Okay, I am a little retired-on-duty. Five shifts to go!
 
hahahahahaaa westsea I tried playing geoguessr, never seen it before, and guessed the opening scene as USA southeast cos it looked like soybeans in a rural setting, and that's where I'm from..... and it was POLAND!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:
 
I do that kind of thing too. I think its fun to use the satellite, google maps, google translator, and streetview to try to get it right on. It can take awhile. Great way to make time go faster by being occupied :whistle: . 3 shifts to go...
 
oh wait, westsea so you research your answer?????? I was just closing my eyes and pointing! LOL They cheat b/c they blur out the license plates.. I know, I REALLY appreciate it that they do that to my car in my driveway, but if we're going to try to play this game, how about they blur out the actual number, and just write in "Poland" instead? :rotfl:
 
Well folks, I'm home. Has anyone turned the wrong way getting in or out of a car and injured their hip? I was going to the Doctor and because the car's seat wouldn't go all the way back I had little room to swing my left leg in. I had to bend it and when I did I felt a sharp pain. The doctor did an x-ray and it all looked good and in place. Also I had been given a small dose of Dilaudid 2mg instead of 4mg and I think because of that I'm in serious pain. Anyone else twist or do something to aggravate the hip joint?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom