Guest viewing is limited

Scared but excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RB, what a journey for you, my man but you know what, it will make you an even better man, believe in yourself and march on. I am on pain meds and back on a walker now, This right hip is really going fast so I am on go for Monday and I am not looking back. Saying prayers and you are in our thoughts with all your challenges. Just tell the doc to quit sweating the small stuff and get your surgery done. Best wishes, keep talking to us here we all can relate a little bit and I know how much all these good people have helped me!!
 
First of all best of luck as you get closer to relief from the never-ending pain!

All the surprises and delays you have endured certainly make the journey a tougher one. The waiting for me was by far the hardest part.

What you will find when this surgery (or surgeries) is finally over is that your age, active lifestyle, upbeat mentality, and personal toughness will be of immense help as you successfully recover. Also, having a supportive and loving spouse to help with everything is a wonderful reality we both share!

You will likely find that things go much better after surgery than you had expected. For me, the pain of recovery has been very manageable AND is becoming less and less over time. The rehab is everything and having an upbeat mentality, as you do, is a huge part of making this rehab a success.

Best wishes for a no-more-delays journey forward!
 
Oh dear you have been through the wringer..... Do hope that your results come back negative and you can get on with your op.... But however challenging it is better to be safe.... Fingers crossed for you @rbtaylor14. X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@waterman1 I hope that everything went well for you today. Also thanks so much to everyone else for the encouragement. I got a earlier appointment for my lungs. Tomorrow to be exact. I'm very optimistic that I will finally have my surgery on Monday the 30th. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
RB... So glad you are back on for surgery! Best wishes to you, and may your recovery be swift.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
More bad news to share. My surgery has been put off till July 7th now. I'm in so much pain that I will be going to half days at work until my surgery.
 
Sorry rbtaylor14. :sad: Hang in there - 7/7 is not that far away!! And you are still in front of me - I am on the 15th!
 
Man today was tough for me. The pain is really bad. It feels like my femoral head may have collapsed a bit. The doctor put me on half days at work now. I'm hoping that I can make it through 5 hours a day and then come home and rest. Sorry for my rant but just needed to vent.
 
Rb, I don't want to muddy the water at this point for you, but I gotta bring up the technology experience I have just lived through. Have you checked into the posterior vs anterior procedure and if you are healthy enough for resurfacing vs THR? It is worth looking into if you have not, I am living proof of both procedures. Just want to mention it, you should explore all the options before surgery. I didn't and wish I had...
 
I'm having posterior thr on my right side first and then lthr in a few weeks. I'm not a candidate for resurfacing unfortunately.
 
No, I was not a candidate for my left hip, the AVN was too advanced on the femur ball. But, I was not aware of the anterior approach. Just wanted you to know it is a better way from my experience.
 
Well tomorrow is the day I find out if my surgery is a go or a no go. I sure hope so.

AVN of both hips. Scheduled for RTHR on July 7th
 
You will be good my man, get er done. I answered you on my thread, probably should have written it here...
 
Great news! !! I got cleared for surgery finally. [emoji2]

AVN of both hips. Scheduled for RTHR on July 7th
 
Not really I don't think. If I could jump I'd be jumping for joy lol.

AVN of both hips. Scheduled for RTHR on July 7th
 
Well, you are gonna feel good next week. I am feeling good enough not to jump just yet, but I did slide into the driver's seat painfree for the first time in a long time. Took a little drive, grinning all the way. :) I should be relaxing watching movies and laying down more on Day 10, but it's hard when you start feeling good again. You are gonna feel a lot better next week, and there is lots of positive energy coming your way from all of us here!!
 
Thanks @waterman1 I bet you felt like a kid driving lol. I am a little worried about doing to much after I start feeling better since it is very hard for me to sit still now. Hell I'm already missing work. Lol

AVN of both hips. Scheduled for RTHR on July 7th
 
You need as much time as you can get laying around, doing nothing. It is damn hard even at my age. Count on two weeks of not picking up anything, not going anywhere, laying in bed with ice. You need two weeks of that for starters. You can take little walks all over your home and often, but keep it limited to the home worked for me...
 
Wow that's going to be tough but I know that I need to. I do have a question. Do I start a new thread in the post op side or does this one get moved over once I have my surgery?

AVN of both hips. Scheduled for RTHR on July 7th
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom