Guest viewing is limited

Scared but excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry everyone I've been busy getting ready for Monday to come to the other side. I do have the jitters but I know that everything will be alright.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
Well I just got some bad news. My EKG came back abnormal so my surgery has been put off till I see the cardiologist. Man what a let down.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
@rbtaylor I am 47 but look younger I'm told - and I heard it A LOT. Drive me nuts. My response - tell my body that please, it doesn't listen to me! :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@rbtaylor14 I am sorry for the disappointment, but it is a good thing this was caught. I hope it is nothing so that you can continue planning your recovery.
 
Thanks I will.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
Hey RB! I had EKG issues and they put me through the ringer with every heart test known. Found nothing else. Looking back, I think one of the leads wasn't stuck on the chest just right, maybe who knows. Hope the best for you - don't let it set you back...
 
Well I ended up in the hospital Monday for heart issues. In the end it worked out for the better. The heart doctor released me for surgery. Monday the 23rd I have my surgery scheduled.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
We are both going in on the same day, best wishes my man...
 
Thanks I am so excited for this. Finally out of pain soon.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
WOW! ! Is all that I can say right now. I got another call today saying now the heart doctor won't clear me for surgery until I have another test done. And then on top of that they tell me that it could take up to two weeks to get approval from the insurance company. If that holds true I will have to start over from the beginning with everything. My preop stuff will expire. The ups and downs of this is really testing my nerves. Thankfully my work has been very understanding.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
I have avascular necrosis in both hips. In two weeks, on July 3rd I will have bilateral total hip replacements (both hips at once). I understand the need to use the bacterial soap for three days w/ no other products. I am not working out so I don't have any issues about not using deodorant. Plus, if it will help stave off infections, I'll do it!
I, too, am getting a little nervous about the surgery, especially having both done at once.
Thanks for listening.
 
Hi, I am a 50 year old female in Florida with avascular necrosis. I will be having bilateral (both hips) hip replacement in two weeks, July 3rd. I will be having the anterior approach. The surgeon said the first three or so days will be bad (pain wise), but after about a week, the recovery should speed along. Is there anyone who has had both hips done at once? Or Are awaiting a bilateral THR? Thanks for listening!
 
Serenity had bilateral on June 3. Check out her posts. She's doing awesome!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@rbtaylor. I'm so sry to hear that your surgery has been delayed but just try to stay positive. It's good that the Dr caught any problems you may have and hopefully that can be taken care of real soon.

@waterman -it looks as if we may be hip buddies on the 23rd.

At my pre-op on Tuesday, my white blood cell count was just slightly elevated so they will be doing that test again the morning of my surgery. My OS was called and he wasn't too concerned as it wasn't too high. So hopefully I'm still up for surgery on the 23rd.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Okay what a roller coaster ride this has been. The heart doctor called me and they got the approval from my insurance company. So tomorrow I have my tests and if all goes well I will still have my surgery on Monday.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
I'm beginning to feel like a broken record. My surgery is now put off till July sometime. On the way home from work I get another call. Now they have found problems with my lungs. I'm 38 years old and everything is falling apart. I still have my other scans tomorrow but no surgery on Monday. I also go see my other doctor tomorrow as well and while I am there I'm going to ask for some stronger pain medication. It's getting to the point that it's very difficult to walk.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
@rb - so sorry to hear of the delays and temporary setbacks. Just remember - they are temporary and they are just precautions to ensure the best possible outcome. I will continue to keep my fingers crossed for you and hang in there!!!

Tee


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom