TKR Saying hi and 2 weeks out<

Thanks for asking! I'm doing great thanks, 5 weeks post op now and ROM was 101 degrees yesterday. Sleeping well, still only taking paracetamol! Building up walking distance as I feel like it and taking short trips out.
 
Excellent! Keeping it slow and steady as the knee allows is just the thing. :thumb:
 
Thanks all, that's what's worked from the start, slow and consistent! It's been laborious but so worth it. :flwrysmile:
 
Okay guys, so I'm now just over 6 weeks post op. I didn't do much walking initially but concentrated on slow exercise and recovery and coupled with a couple of patches of ill health from other things I've not been very active shall we say. I'm aware that with the deconditioning pre op due to not being able to walk well and the deconditioning since the op mean that both my legs need to be built up.

BUT has anyone else experienced the fact that the unoperated leg is giving them more pain than the operated one! Twice this last week I seem to have 'tweaked' something in my other knee. But today was a nightmare, it gave way on me during exercises and now it's giving me more pain than the operated knee.

Any comments or story's welcome.
Thanks xxx
 
I've experienced the same thing. Your 'old knee' and leg are doing more than their fair share right now and are also vying for some attention. It did start to feel better once the new knee started to 'hold their own'.
 
That happened to me as well, while I was recovering from the revision on my right knee. The left knee started to hurt. I'm sure it was because it had to take a greater load than before.
 
Thanks Celle and newlybionic, at least I know I'm not alone, it just went very suddenly and is a sharp pain that kept me awake last night, which is annoying now I'm finally getting back to sleeping! This morning I'm back to using 2 crutches to support both knees and the operated knee is doing better than the other!
 
BUT has anyone else experienced the fact that the unoperated leg is giving them more pain than the operated one!
By putting a full load and more stress on your other leg it does take a toll on it! In my case my 1 tkr knee (left) done 5 years ago has been complaining about being the lead leg in stairs! That leg never took lead since it tore its meniscus 7-8 years ago. So now it has to help out the right knee and it has been doing a lot of complaining! So I have to respect both knees, listen to their complaining and practice my patience, because they just wont let me do what I want to do yet...
There is only one thing that can be done to reduce pain in the non operated leg and it is to do less untill the tkr leg can pick up the pace. I know...it is frustrating !
Hang in there, it will get better!
 
Hi friend: good to hear from you, but no...I don't think I got your last pm. The last one I got from you I responded to last Monday (maybe you never got MY pm)

Anyway, I want to know how you're doing. :yes:
 
I replied to you on Monday and sent a photo too, I thought it was weird that you hadn't replied, I checked every day too, anyway I've resent now let me know if you've got it.

I'm doing okay, but as you can see from my reply on your post I'm not attempting anything like you are yet.

Just let me know
xxx
 
Rats, no. Never got it. Am responding now as my personal email is telling me I got a pm from you- oh boy oh boy!
 
BUT has anyone else experienced the fact that the unoperated leg is giving them more pain than the operated one!
This is pretty much normal---par for the course---many folks experience this, as the non-surgical knee has had a great deal of stress on it as you negotiate your way through recovery.

Normally, when your surgical knee strengthens and recovers, the cranky knee settles down.
 
@referee54 brilliant, thank you that's great news as the OS said he will X ray in a year and see if that needs doing too! I'm hoping not for now lol. So thank you for that info.
xxx
 
Eyesnlegs:
Are you getting my pm's?? I sent one Thursday morning and now starting to wonder if there's an issue with getting pm's to other countries, given that there have been a couple of lapses in our conversations.
Please let me know that everything is okay with you.
Hugs, Dianna
 
@Newbie tkr sorry Di, I did get your message Thursday, I just haven't had time to put together a half decent reply yet. Will get to it later today xxx

I'm doing okay, week 7 and I'm not using crutches in the house, doing very short walks still and stepped up to a fee more exercises each time. Virtually pain free most of the day now, still sleeping through the night, just dealing with the need to balance swelling / exercise or not moving / swelling lol.

But then I don't do a lot anyway, lol, just planning our next trip in the caravan, hoping to go for it in 4/6 weeks time.
How are you?

Speak later xxx
 
I am on these patches and find that they realy work. What strength are you on @MezRebuilt I have my LTKR on the 11th May and hope that the might consider putting the strength up whilst recovering I am in the UK

LTKR 11 May 2016
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom