Guest viewing is limited

TKR Saying hi and 2 weeks out<

EyesnLegs: so sorry to hear about your setback but boy! What a fast rebounder you are!!
Very cold here today with snow in western PA
Needless to say I awoke with many leg feeling iron stiff and flat as a pancake because of the low temps...so...easy leg stretches this a.m. and uusing lots of time today for easy streching.
Hang in there. You're a trooper! A good one to be in contact with...
Newbie tkr
 
Newbie TKR: that's rubbish being so cold that makes such a difference to the healing too. I sometimes wish I wasn't such a trooper, be good to not to have to keep fighting. You'll understand that with the PTSD too.

My body tends to heal itself quite well so I'm hoping that will continue otherwise I will be in trouble lol.

Onwards and upwards my friend, we can do this together!
Wobbly xx
 
I know Tylenol helps the Tramadol work better, but I'm my OS didn't comment when I mentioned that is passing.
@GimpyGal He probably doesn't know about it! :snork:
And I wonder if he'd allow that dosage (of Tylenol). But, the beauty of it is that Tylenol is OTC, right?
It's your choice! Since it is OTC, it's perfectly safe thing to do. I was given it in hospital. This is the timetable I used, in case you're interested!

[Bonesmart.org] Saying hi and 2 weeks out<
 
I'd also like to ask you some questions if you don't mind, and it would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine)

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. how often are you icing your knee and for how long?

4. are you elevating your leg, how often and for how long?

5. What is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

6. how swollen is your leg?
[Bonesmart.org] Saying hi and 2 weeks out<


7. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

8. what kind of PT exercises and exercises at home are you doing? How much and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example

Exercises done at home: (enter number) of sessions each day
(enter exercise) x (enter number of reps and sets)
(enter exercise) x (enter number of reps and sets)
(enter exercise) x (enter number of reps and sets)

At PT
(enter exercise) x (enter number of reps and sets)
(enter exercise) x (enter number of reps and sets)
(enter exercise) x (enter number of reps and sets)
 
I used that Tylenol-Tramadol routine after about 2 weeks from my TKR, as my surgeon was not allowed to precribe anything stronger.
It worked very well.
 
Thanks @Josephine and @Celle! I've bookmarked this so I have access to the table. I really do wonder why the US scares us so with the dangers of those Tylenol dosages.
 
While the safe daily dose of Tylenol is 4,000 mg (4G), I think the US recommends a daily total of 3,000 mg - perhaps out of the fear that people will not think to look at what is in their other drugs and add the amount of Tylenol (Acetaminophen) in those drugs to their daily calculations.

Tylenol can cause liver damage, but only if you exceed the safe dosage.
 
@Eyesnlegs
How are you doing? Just checking in... Your thread on this site appears to be fairly "quiet" which leads me to assume you're doing well my friend.
Loved your comment about "...rubbish that's its' being so cold makes a difference to the healing...". I guess it's all relative.
Perhaps this is another 'pearl' of wisdom from you I should be pondering. After all, any belief about my recovery that limits me needs TO GO AWAY NOW. This way I can't be held back by anything in my recovery journey...oh, but I DO love the warm weather
 
@Newbie tkr actually I'm quiet here as one or two others were on here discussing someone else's progress who needed help more than I did. So I left them to it and and wrote on yours a few times lol.

So I guess I wasn't confident anyone was even looking at this thread to see how I was doing, so I really appreciate you jumping on here to ask.

I feel I'm doing okay as my ROM is so good, but after the setback with the Labrynthitis my family are wrapping me in cottonwool lol. You see they're concerned that my MS might flare if I push myself too much!

I'm doing far less than you are and that concerns me, as I was recovering from the setback I haven't got out as much as I'd like. So I'm doing minimal walking! I have arthritis in the bottom of my spine too and of course that is suffering from lack of activity too. I can probably walk for 10 minutes at a time before I need to rest. The knee swells when I've done that so I ice again. But so far I'm only doing this twice a day for the last 4 days as I had just started doing this prior to being ill. At 4 and half weeks out I'm worried it's nowhere near enough walking?

How are you doing?
xxx
 
@Eyesnlegs please don't allow other people to overtake your thread or derail it. Just report posts you feel are doing that and we will quietly move the posts over to their own threads.
 
@Eyesnlegs Don't compare yourself with anyone else's recovery. You have other medical problems while you are recovering from major surgery. It may take you a little longer than some and a little faster than others. Your stamina will build up as time goes by. Full recovery can take up to a year. So in the scheme of things one month out is still very early. I'm sure you will do fine.
 
@newlybionic thank you so much those kind words, it's hard not to compare. I know that a lady I met in hospital who was undergoing her 3rd revision on her right knee told me that in the early days every one is different but at one year out most people are in a similar position. I need to keep reminding myself of your kind words.

It's hard to have to keep reminding myself of just how disabled I am and the TKR was only one issue! I had it done as it was the only one of my medical conditions I could do something physical about. The MS I try to manage with alternatives too because of my reactions to drugs.

My disabilities forced me to retire at 58 from a job I loved and was very good at. When even the consultant told me I was crazy to keep trying! I've had MS symptoms since I was 34 so I'm lucky I managed that long. Lol

But still, admitting shortcomings is hard! So your words are perfect timing to help me see things for how they are.
xxx
 
@Eyesnlegs a week ago I posted some questions to be able to advise you. Will you let me know if you are going to answer them for me? If not by tonight, I shall delete the post and take it off watch. Thanks.
 
@Josephine I answered all the questions you asked me over 2 weeks ago on the first page of this thread. You replied to me a few days later which was brilliant! Except now I can't find your reply, did you delete it?

The ones you posted on this page were for @GimpyGal which is why I spoke of my thread needing to be used by someone in greater need? You did say above don't let someone take over your thread or derail it but she really needed some help?

Have I done something wrong here? hope you get this before tonight as we are in different time zones I think!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Eyesnlegs - you did nothing wrong. :console2:
Some posts were lost when the BoneSmart site went down a while ago (I think about 300 posts were lost in total) and probably that's when the missing posts disappeared from your thread. It has led to a bit of confusion, but we can go forward from here.
 
Oh gosh yes - I completely forgot about the outage! Never mind, you can either answer them again or just give it a miss. Entirely up to you. :)
 
@Eyesnlegs, if you wouldn't mind answering Josephine's questions again, your answers and her advice in response to them will be close to each other in the thread, and thus easier for you to follow. That should clear up any confusion caused by the unfortunate loss of posts during the outage. Thank you. :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @Celle and @Josephine

If you want me to re-answer as I am NOW then please let me know. :-)

I am almost 3 weeks further on now! Josephine's advice at the time was invaluable. If you look back at my answers you will see that I'm still doing the same as then, except walking a little more and my ROM has increased from 87 to 97 last week at Physio!!!

Do you still need me to re-post the original one?
 
I'll let Josephine answer that one! I see your original answers are in Post #9.

I'm glad to hear that your ROM has increased so well. :yes!::happydance::yay:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom