TKR Saying hi and 2 weeks out<

Hi- good to know you're getting them...just concerned.

What's a caravan? Does it mean something different in the U.K. than in the U.S?

You sound REALLY GOOD! Cannot say the same about me...physically in good shape but lots of crying and depression. Sick of recovering...entering my 8th week post-op.
Di
 
Hi Newbie a caravan
[Bonesmart.org] Saying hi and 2 weeks out<


LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@Eyesnlegs I am on 20 micrograms of BuTrans Transferral Patch Buprenorphine that I change every 7 days I am in the UK

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@Dawni
Thanks for the picture. Here in U.S. we call them Trailer Homes, or if they have their own engine and you can drive them independently they're called RV's (don't know what that stands for)
Newbie
 
@Dawni thanks for posting the picture, spot on! An RV is called a Motorhome over here in the UK.

I haven't heard of the patches I'm assuming they are more like NSAIDS than opioids. I ask as I have such awful problems with reacting to drugs. I did this knee replacement after the first 2 days with just paracetamol and ice!

@Newbie tkr dont worry about the tears and feeling down. There's an article on post op blues in the library on here. I still occasionally burst into tears and feeling down is a daily fight. Mainly as progress is so damn slow and I'm not very patient.

I know there's a time lag between us but I was tardy in answering you, so apologies. The days go so slow but too quick, oh maybe it's me that's slow, lol!

You take care
xxx
 
Thanks Eyesnlegs: it did turn out to be a really pretty day here in western PA (we had a 90 percent chance of rain but didn't get one drop!

Been off the opoids again (two days now) and maybe feeling a wee-bit more sensitive than before. But I do believe it's time to say "bye-bye".

Very much want to get to the indoor pool this week and start water-walking...sis and her hubby are out of town for several days and she left me her car to use...so I'm going to take advantage of it for just running some small errands. It will be nice just to get out of the neighborhood.
:driver:
 
...got your pm; no, no "bye-bye" to you or anyone else on the forum, just meant "bye-bye" for now.

The cat jumped up on my knee this am and I, in a knee-jeek reaction to flip him off the knee, flexed my knee back very quickly to about 120 degree bend (i didn't realize I was even doing it- just wanted the darn cat OFF my knee!)
:yikes:
Ouch! Now in pain from the jerking of the knee (who SAYS I don't have ROM) but the cat is fine.
:catbutterfly:
Di
 
@Newbie tkr So your cat did a MUA on you without the A (manipulation under anaesthesia). You know that you have a great ROM. Get the ice out and kiss your cat.
 
And you got the M from your cat for free! Give him a hug for being so helpful!

Have a great day!
 
Eyesnlegs
@newlybionic
@sistersinhim

Oh you all are just sooo funny, ha ha. How cute of you. :loll:

Actually had to take my other kitty, Fanne, to vet this morning...
Soooo...I'm coming home from the vet, walking into the house and UP two flights of stairs with a ten-pound kitty and cat carrier in one arm and my purse and came in the other arm; aren't I smart?

Next thing I know, our unruly boxer pup (2 years old) comes racing DOWN the stairs, sees the kitty and collides right into me while trying to get to kitty. So the boxer dog hits me, I slide down two full steps (no carpet on steps), kitty breaks open the door to her carrier and starts to run out of carrier b/c stupid dog (and I really DO LOVE dogs) is hovering right over her. I scream, knee jerks, knee screams too, sister comes to my rescue and man-handles boxer pup away from little kitty (who may have torn the heck outta' the dog in the end, who knows?) and...I KNOW I'm not leaving the house again this week. :hairpulling:

Just happy that you all make me laugh!
Di
 
@Newbie tkr i think you need to stay away from ALL 4 legged creatures for the next couple of months!

@Eyesnlegs How have you been doing lately? Is your non TKR knee still causing you more problems then the new one? Mine seem to take turns.
 
@Newbie tkr i can't believe the things you are doing when you are only 3 days ahead of me in recovery. Over here we are told not to carry things for at least 12 weeks because of the extra strain on your new knee. And as I've said before we live in a bungalow and so I don't need to do stairs other than my 'step' exercises. Wow, I always feel like I'm way behind when I read your stuff.

@newlybionic im doing okay thank you, as you can see I'm still taking it very slowly. But as my osteo said to me I'm dealing with MS too, so I was always slow. Yes my other knee is being a pain but now I'm giving it some attention and depending more on the operated one they seem to take it in turns lol. With no pain killers at all I'm probably more aware if I overdo it as pain is my measure. I will do things if they are uncomfortable but if it's painful, I stop. I'm very lucky in that I have a H that takes very good care of me and has retired too so he has the time to help. How are you doing with your revision?
 
Eyesnlegs
@newlybionic

Yes I KNOW I do things I shouldn't be doing...but that's pretty much who I've been my whole life (i don't mean criminal record or anything like THAT; I'm a proud American, overworked, underpaid and taxed right out of the middle-class into whatever the government wants me to be, ha)
 
@Eyesnlegs Im actually doing much better then I thought I would. I was so afraid of this surgery especially since what I went through with the original surgery. I was out and about every day this week but I'm totally out of energy today and it's raining so I'm taking it easy. May I ask how long you've had MS for? My oldest daughter who is 31 has just been diagnosed with it.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom