Guest viewing is limited

THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

I'm sorry, @Fairydell that you are having such a tough time right now. :console2:

I'm sorry to say that my sleep was no better, or worse, than being in bed. I was able to move as needed without worry I would wake my husband. My shin splint muscle (a joke between hubs and I) played up most of the night.

I have resigned myself again to sleeping when I can, where I can. It makes no difference if I nap or not in the day. I don't sleep at night for more than a couple of hours. :bored:

I hope you feel better as the day goes along.
 
I have resigned myself again to sleeping when I can, where I can. It makes no difference if I nap or not in the day. I don't sleep at night for more than a couple of hours. :bored:
It was just as I had to do also and for quite a bit.

Best thing I think...all temporary!
But summer is going to be so sweet so keep the faith friends!
 
I have noticed the same thing. It makes not the slightest difference whether I nap or not. I am planning on napping if I need to. At least that way I will get some proper rest even if it is in dribs and drabs
 
Thanks, @Layla . I fall asleep during the day in the recliner and sleep well. Worth a try.

Sarahbee and Fairydell-...I find that I tire easily so each afternoon you’ll find me feet up in recliner with ice and trying to snooze or watch movies. Have you Try pillow between legs in bed and slowly roll onto non operated side?
 
I have tried the pillow and it's okay for a minute. But if I stay that way too long, I may become a cramped up mess. So O flop a lot at night... :groan:
 
Sorry you didn't sleep any better Sarah. There do seem to be a lot of people that say they don't sleep well at all for quite a while after this surgery. Do you have a spare bedroom so at least you don't have to worry about waking your husband? I know I can find a way of coping when getting bits of sleep here & there but my husband doesn't have that talent and you would think his life is over!
 
Ha ha! My hubby is the same... one broken night’s sleep & he can’t cope.
I’ve slept downstairs in the guest bedroom since coming out so I don’t wake him up during my nighttime ramblings... I can make a cuppa, stretch my legs without worrying...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Aww, Sarah. I'm sorry. While it's not much of a consolation it is a common complaint early on. :tiredwheel:
It really does ease though. Your idea of sleeping whenever you're tired is best for now.
I wish you many cozy naps and some restorative rest over the weekend.
Happy Healing!
@SarahBee
 
Sarah...one night you will doze off and not wake up until you are ready... it’s not long away... hopefully...this will soon be a distant memory x


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Physical therapist was here and added to my exercises. Standing with my walker, moving my head back and forth, and up and down, and then with eyes closed. For balance. We are also walking on gait training. Needless to say, no sore muscles... Yet
 
Sarah,
Wondering if you've ever supplemented or looked into Magnesium for sleep? It promotes healthy sleep, falling asleep and staying asleep.
Something to consider -

Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

I hope you're able to squeeze in more cozy naps. :yawn: :sleep: Happy Saturday! :wave:
@SarahBee
 
Have you Try pillow between legs in bed and slowly roll onto non operated side?

I slept for a couple of hours like that but worried that I might be injuring myself as when I woke up I couldn't turn onto my back the pain was so bad. Tony had to roll me over onto my back. Once I was up and moving I felt fine but think I will stick to sleeping on my back for a while longer. Tony bought me a v shaped cushion today and it feels wonderful supporting my back on the sofa.
 
Sarah,
Wondering if you've ever supplemented or looked into Magnesium for sleep

I had someone tell me about magnesium as well. Started taking it 3 days ago- a bit less cramping so Sarahbee give it a try!
 
@beachlily , yes Layla mentioned it earlier a couple of posts up thread. Reading the article, it also helps with restless leg syndrome, which is something that I've just developed. I will ask my OS or my PCP about it and see if there is any interaction issue.
 
Just today, I have had the most interesting bruising show up along the inside arch of my right foot, just below the ankle. Is this likely from the manipulation they do to the leg for THR?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom