Guest viewing is limited

THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

In the land of never TMI, I might have slept through the night if my bladder hadn't called every two hours. As it was, I managed to get six hours broken sleep. Two hours sleep, up to the potty, back to sleep. Rinse and repeat. I'll take it! :happydance:

On a separate note, at one point, I thought I might have the beginnings of a UTI. That feeling passed. Bladder cramp? Will be watching closely and aware! :beg:

And finally, I have joined my surgery buddy, @beachlily and @Carriemay60 in the "I have a pain in my groin" club. Where did that come from?? Holey moley! :chinstroke:
 
Good Morning Sarah. Yes to the bladder thing. Still my main issue with sleep.:zzz: Had test run for infection, nope just a crazy side effect from all the trauma down there.

Groin pain for me is usually tightness. Goggle image of all that connects there. I find firm massage while I’m laying down to be pretty effective. Always move massage towards inside of leg. Drainage is there too, so maybe fluid build up. Hope you have a good Sunday! ❤️

Had another thought Magnesium brand called Calm, I was told to take several times a day half dose as magnesium likes to build up, similar to melatonin. I am going to send hubby out, as I used mine up a while back.
 
Last edited:
All reminiscent of my first few months of recovery...recliner sleep/not sleep...extra antsy legs, tight in groin...oh the joys of early recovery days:unsure:
It is a process...and the traveling pains train passes by...eventually.
Seems as if sometimes when one thing resolves another crops up..as we become more mobile, some other discomfort presents itself.:sigh: Ups and downs, for sure.
:good-bad:
Nothing like that neverending bonecrunching arthritic pain however...and All Temporary.
Keep the faith friends.
I had an evolution of "is this my new normal?" Issues.
Now....:chuckmarch: all good!
 
Nothing like that neverending bonecrunching arthritic pain
How true! My husband and I were just discussing this. I may grumble about my shin splint muscle, or the Achilles tendon pain, but I am mindful that this is healing pain. And I am so glad I overcame all the fears and what ifs to have this done.

Have a lovely Sunday, @Mojo333
 
Had a visit from my 12 y/o grandson last evening. As I came down the 4 steps from the bedroom, I continued on with only my cane. Ummm, grandma, aren't you supposed to be using your walker? Ooops, at least I wasn't on the other side of the room!
:heehee:
 
It would appear my hubs needs a little breakbreak. Today his temper has been short with things to do. A sure sign of being over extended. I'll need to arrange a break for him because he won't do it himself. Caregivers get tired, too, and he surely must be. :realing::capn:
 
I think I am in the same boat Sarah. It started with my husband, Peter, trying to help our son with some university maths he is doing. Peter couldn't remember it all and was quite upset saying he should remember it all like boiling an egg or riding a bike. He might have shown some signs of caretaker fatigue prior to that I think. So now he's in the dumps. He is due back to work tomorrow but working from home because he is having some dental surgery in the morning but come Tuesday I think he might be quite happy to return to work. He does very well, but being a caregiver does not come naturally.
 
Sarah, you're probably right. I sensed the same in my hubs right around 11-12 days post op.
I started weaning myself from him being there 24/7 by sending him out for an hour, then two hrs a couple days later until one day he left to golf for 4 hrs. I handled it well and I think I was on my own pretty much thereafter. I'd make sure I had everything I needed nearby and I did well.

They do get to where they need a break. I think caregiving can get old. I carried my cell around with me while home alone and thankfully my sister lives close by also. If you cut him loose for an hour or two, you'll always have us to keep you company :)
I hope you sleep well tonight!
@SarahBee
 
It is good to give hubby’s time off for good behaviour!!
Mine goes to watch footie with his friend twice a week and has continued to do so during my recovery... it has helped him... and me & I have managed quite well alone (and watched copious episodes of ‘Say yes to the dress’ whilst he’s gone )


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Unfortunately my hubby has not proved to be the most considerate caregiver. I almost wish he could have the pain that I have.. just for a little while. I sent him to the pub for a couple of pints last night.. It was nice to have a break from him rolling his eyes and I am sure it did him the world of good. I am so glad that I did all that cooking before my op. It has proved to be a godsend... We are having fish pie tonight with some lovely buttery veggies.
 
Glad to see you are sleeping better @SarahBee I can really relate to caretaker fatigue. This slog of months of care has worn on everyone. I’m seeing a happier guy lately with warm weather. He loves working in the yard, I think since it’s “work” he doesn’t feel badly about leaving me alone for a few hours. We had crazy wind and rain last night did you? I finally gave up and made coffee, birds are going crazy this morning. :hi:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom