THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

dog. There I was, in the snow with my cane and the dog on a leash (small dog, thank goodness) saying "go potty". Needless to say, it didn't work very well, as I was afraid I was going to fall.

KathyD- this is my biggest fear- I want to walk my border collie but she’s really strong so if she sees a squirrel I’m done for!
 
Sorry you had a lousy night Sarah. I am trying to determine the best time for a nap. I am sleeping so much better than I was for a very, very long time and seem to be able to go off easily but if I go after lunch, I just keep sleeping until I hear movements in the kitchen. Not a fan of eating as soon as I wake up, ever, and late naps seem to throw my whole evening off. But, oh well, if my biggest problems right now are when to nap...... :heehee:
 
It gets better & better ladies!
First few weeks pain & stiffness are an issue with sleeping but each week gets better & better...
I slept for 11pm through til 8am last night... only one potty break... it does happen [emoji3590][emoji3590]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi Sarah, you must be south of us. Yellow haze just starting. We are near Dulles Airport. I’m sorry sleep is eluding you. I agree on the late nap, but still force myself to lay down after lunch. If I don’t I get aches and just can’t settle at night as I’m overtired. I’ve been taking vitamin c and magnesium at lunch which may be aiding the nap. :sleep:

We got crazy wind yesterday which took off most of our magnolia blooms. Sending wishes for more restorative sleep. ❤️
 
Yes, south of you @Fit4Family Near the NC state line. I believe I will just need to work through this but being awake, listening to hubs sleep, makes sleep all the more elusive. :bored: But no doubt he has earned it, every day in every way.
 
Knowing that all recoveries are different, has anyone ever experienced what I would describe as a pinching in the thigh? It is not the incision but feels almost like shrinkage within the muscle. I'm not describing this well. At all. But I wonder if it could be swelling going down. It's only when I am icing.
 
I am getting similar to what you describe Sarah and some different. The muscle jumps really startle me. I feel like if I had been watching I might have seen the jump it is that pronounced. Zingers all over but especially in the thigh right now and have had a few pinches.
 
One of the reasons I really like being in the guestroom by myself is I don't stress when I am awake or listening to someone sleeping beside me. I have my computer so can watch some Netflix. I don't have the concentration to enjoy my book just yet but if you do, consider a little book light that won't wake your spouse. At the end of the day I am sleeping much better than I was pre-op, so I'll take that. Other than that I might play on my phone if I was in the master bedroom and awake.
 
You are doing just fine...some easy cruising on countertops or back of the sofa will show you this leg can stand on its own.
Early days friend....keep the faith.
 
Last edited:
Good Luck, Sarah.
I hope you sleep well tonight. I slept in our recliner for three weeks straight, every night. I put soft pillows on either side of me and felt like I was being swaddled. I'd sleep for 4 hrs, wake and use the bathroom then sleep for 3-4 more. It really surprised me! I was afraid to get into bed even though they taught me how before I was discharged. I hope you have the same luck with the recliner. Once you begin to sleep better, you seem to feel better also. It will happen...
Sweet dreams!
@SarahBee
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom