Guest viewing is limited

THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

Fell asleep about 10:30 and had potty call at 11:15! :gaah: But, I went back to sleep and slept until 4:30'ish when storms woke me. :sleeep:

@Fit4Family , yes, we had lots of wind, rain and thunder. I made coffee and put out the thermos in case we lost power. There is a bird outside making lots of happy noise.

M y 12 y/o grandson will be on spring break this week and is going to be "doing some work" for me. I'll give him a little something at the end of the week but his dad doesn't want him to know in advance. Helping family never should require pay.

My husband must have got good sleep. He is a chipper boy this morning. Or maybe because he can go back to work and rest. :chinstroke:
 
Have been taking my Tramadol every 5 hours and today will be going to 6 hours between. I really want to get this out of my system. I think I will sleep better without the cocktail mix in me.
I still have my acetaminophen 3xd and can go to 4xd, if needed.

Wish me luck!
 
A storm rolled through here in the evening. The last round of thunder literally shook the house! I had a similar night to you Sarah, no sooner asleep than I needed to get up for the potty. Must have been all the rain noise :)
 
I can't count how many times over these last years I have wished my pain on my husband. Even for a few hours would be a wake up call for anyone. It does sound cruel to wish but I just think people who have never felt it can't truly understand. The most painful thing my husband has ever endured is probably dental work or banging his thumb with a hammer.
 
Last edited:
I guess I have been blessed because my husband has made me feel if he could take the pain, he would. I've said before, and truly mean, that he carried me across the line. Without his strength, I don't know if I would have made it to and through surgery.
But we are climbing the high road now. :climb:
 
Have had a great day so far. My grandson did some tidying up, putting away and then sweeping and vacuuming. He has now gone in search of his friends in the neighborhood.

I did my first round of exercises. Then I made lunch - grilled cheese with tomatoes and washed up those few dishes. I am now sitting with feet propped up waiting for PT to arrive at 2:00.

It is clear and cool in the mid 60's today, after the storms rolled through earlier today. I am in serious need of chocolate! Hmm
 
The chocolate discussion brings back memories of recovery for me.
Hubs bought a bag of those Lindor Truffles and also Haribo Gummy Bears in the very early days of recovery. He'd throw a truffle, or a few gummy bears in my lap while I sat in the recliner after a walk, my exercises, or any small accomplishment.
I felt like a dog, being tossed a bone as a reward.
 
PT just left and I'm sitting under just tons of ice. No pain, just cautionary. Added raising my foot to the bottom step. No stretching, no holding, just a lift and down. Alternating feet. I explained I only do stairs like my toddler grandsons..... She wasn't impressed :giggle:

Hope everyone is having a great day. Have we heard from @wayner1, @JennyLynne, @Sylvanian?
 
Good morning @SarahBee I just read that your hubs has the same imagination as mine at the grocery store! I get excited like a little kid going through all the shopping bags up until the very end..........really??? :beg: Yep, begging like a little puppy!!!
 
Yep, @SE Florida, he is a very basic shopper. And I do mean basic! And heaven help you if he has a list! Tunnel vision sets in and he doesn't stray from his list! I think it means he doesn't enjoy checking out every new seasoning in the spice aisle. :heehee: .I could spend days seeing what I haven't tried yet!
 
Well! That didn't work! In my tired brain yesterday, after PT, I thought if I don't take a nap and make me stay awake, I will sleep well tonight. Ummm, no. I slept very little last night (it happens) and all I did was ensure that I am totally and thoroughly exhausted today. We all know what this means! :sleeep::yawn::zzz:
 
That sounds all too familiar. I'm usually up all night wandering through the kitchen looking for something to eat; i.e., our comments about husbands and grocery stores!!! Nothing magically appears in my cabinets or fridge but I look anyway! @SarahBee And don't they have chocolate and chips in EVERY checkout aisle! :unsure:
 
think it means he doesn't enjoy checking out every new seasoning in the spice aisle. :heehee: .I could spend days seeing what I haven't tried yet!

My adult daughter thinks I'm a weirdo because my favorite isle at the grocery store is the cleaning isle.
I love looking for new products to sniff and things to make cleaning easier, or more pleasurable.

I can't trust my hubs at the grocery store. On the rare ocassion when he's told me he'd stop by the store and surprise me with dinner, he brings home meat, just meat, only meat! I ask, "why didn't you buy anything to go with it?" A bagged salad, a head of cauliflower or Broccoli, something....anything? Men?! :heehee:

(withhold your comments, 59billy, lol)
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom