THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

Same thing happened to us @JennyLynne with pinning. Met out of pocket last year with all the emergency room costs, surgery etc. but I could not walk. This year met it again with THR! Making a list, checking it twice, getting everything done in 2019.

So sweet @SarahBee that your grandson was so thoughtful. He is going to enjoy spending time with his new bionic Grandmother! Hope you can be completely pain free this year. Happy Monday! Gorgeous day here again!
 
Well! I spoke with PT today. Her only suggestion beyond what I am doing now was, "Bend your knee and hip". I do put the seat back as far as it will go, but don't need to recline it into a prone position. I have a Nissan Rogue so a little lower but not sports car low. Picked my husband up when he dropped his truck for new tires and all worked out well.
:driver:
 
Took two long walks today and I'm having groin twinges again. Looking at my X-Ray of my hip, I realize how totally off kilter my pelvis is. I may have said this before but the right side was a couple of inches higher than the left. Such an odd looking X-Ray.
 
I met my out of pocket limit the second week of January so I have been thinking about what I else I can have done this year! I have an appt to see about my foot pain in 2 weeks - might as well.

I am also amazed by those of you who got both hips done at once.
 
Woke up with some thigh pain this morning. I'm sure it's a combination of long distance walking :heehee: and driving again. Feels a bit better after a bit shorter walk earlier and some stretching out.

Hubs promised to go with me to the grocery. So tired of the bare necessities. I need something exciting to work with in the kitchen. :martini:
 
Grocery shopping will be fun! I really enjoyed picking some stuff when I went last weekend. With any luck they will have a mobility scooter to loan so you can have a nice browse :) Next time, I am getting dropped off to shop alone. My guys like to go in & out and I feel like I'm a pain to them.
 
I know one of the admins have a link for cars, beds, etc but I can't find it now! :what: Maybe one of them will see your post and send it?

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/thr-getting-into-and-out-of-bed-bath-and-car.36912/

Happy Tuesday, Sarah :hi:
Hopefully your OS or the PA will have a reassuring explanation for what's reflected on your x-ray. It was initially explained to me that our gait changed as we favored our deteriorating hip and then changes once again after THR. Obviously it can't change overnight especially in the early weeks when we're sitting around more than normal.

Most everything that feels unusual or questionable in recovery is fleeting. I remember googling about one thing and the next day it was gone and I was questioning something else. :hairpulling:
Not intimating you're a panic, because you don't seem to be at all. Just mentioning the early days of recovery can be fraught with anxiety about this, or that.

I hope you have a great day, Sarah!
@SarahBee
 
:hi: Hope today has been a good day and good for you for looking toward a great hip pain free future.
Lots of good times to come @SarahBee
Healing mojo coming your way!:yes:
 
Thanks a bunch, @59billy . It doesn't seem possible. Feels like just yesterday I was waiting.... Funny I remember my husband helping me to bed after the first decontamination shower and just crying with the pain. And honestly, the fear it wouldn't help. And it did. It really did. :yes!:
 
Four weeks today!

In the last week, I have increased my walking, driven my car again, gone to physical stores for shopping, slept through the night (excluding potty breaks), had some annoying groin and thigh discomfort (I dare not call it pain). I have needed Tylenol once, possibly twice for pain but no serious pain meds like Tramadol. I have also spent an inordinate amount of time pre-planning camping/hiking outings later this year. Let it be! :hiking:

In the next week, I will graduate from home PT, see my PCP for follow up on blood pressure and foot swelling, have my first post op follow up with my OS and baby sit our three little grandsons, ages 4, 3 and 1 (with hubs). Clear a path! Here comes Grandma! :walking:

Exciting days ahead! Be blessed, y'all! I certainly am!
:loveshwr:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom