THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

Well! Last night certainly was a miserable night. I was awake from 2:00 to 4:30, and before and after was just restless tossing and turning. And lack of sleep is making me nauseous! There is a nap in my immediate future! :sleep:
 
Happy Three Week Anniversary! I hope to be doing as well as you when I reach 3 weeks after my surgery! I know, don't compare, we're all different. You're doing great, continue to take it slow and easy.
:beer:
 
I love your new title! And it's just in time for your 3 week anniversary.........maybe it will be the start of some good sleeping at night too. We can always hope!!! :friends:
 
The dog barking is the worst! My former neighbor had a howling beagle that used to wake my son up from naps all the time. Made me crazy!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I live behind the elementary and middle schools and I can hear the kids screeching through recess right now... but I love that sound. I know my little guy is one of the voices [emoji170]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Bummer on the sleeping. Hope you get in another nap later. Watch some news, puts me to sleep every time. Wish I slept as well in bed. Lol
 
Waiting for PT in about an hour. Guess we will be walking. I did walk this morning, just a bit further than yesterday. (We're talking steps, not miles, further.) I have to shake the nervous feeling of being outside
 
Well! Last night certainly was a miserable night. I was awake from 2:00 to 4:30, and before and after was just restless tossing and turning. And lack of sleep is making me nauseous! There is a nap in my immediate future! :sleep:

I have been the same just lately. Lack of sleep is really getting me down. I hope you (and I) get a decent sleep tonight.
 
Unfortunately, it was quite a stretch before I got consecutive hours sleep:bored:
It WAS super frustrating.
Healing hugs and sincerest sympathy ...
All temporary!:friends:
 
Today is three weeks since my surgery and I'm taking stock of where I am
I am walking outside, in my neighborhood, twice a day
I am doing stretching exercises which make everything feel amazing
I am no longer using the walker but am using a cane, which I have lost twice today by putting down and walking away from it
Then panic sets in
I am doing minor housework, which I had not been able to do, on my own, for several months before surgery
I have survived sleepless nights, constipation, log leg, showering on a chair, sponge baths and other and assorted insults.
But survive I did.
I also survived the better part of 15 years in such soul shattering, relentless pain.
I give myself no credit for that. That was just fear. I wish I had done this sooner.
This summer I will walk at all the places I saw from a wheelchair.... It will be wonderful
I still feel God is in his heaven and enough is right with my world.
I can't wait for the next adventure!
:loveshwr:
 
If nothing else, your fabulous state of mind will get you through this!! We have a bassett hound that has barked/howled maybe 3 times in her 6 years. Our golden retriever was the same, never ever barked.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom