THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

That’s amazing that you are in so little pain! I’m going to try to replace some of my Percocet with Tylenol and see how it goes. I hate the wooooooozy feeling (except at bedtime). Going to have to call doc tomorrow since I was only given a one week supply (for a bilateral!?!).

I am on robaxin too- a muscle relaxer. I have found that really helpful.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think they only prescribe a week at a time for opioids and narcotics, @JennyLynne Sometimes folks don't get a full week :scare:
 
Last edited:
I forgot you had mentioned that before about Tramadol I think. Also didn't realize how low your pain is. That is awesome! Although my pain can still get up to a 5 fairly regularly, I am cutting back on the opioids a bit (or adjusting them). They have added one more long term morphine a day and weaning off the "as needed morphine" in a slow, steady fashion. I'm not having any increased pain with the plan. I only seem to be at a 5 in the morning if I have missed 2 doses overnight, after a shower or if little things in the day have added up too much. I really sense an end to the pain in the not too distant future and feel 200% more in control of it than pre-op
 
Without a doubt, pain control is much easier post op. I'm not sure there was any control pre op.

I think this may be where early recovery is easier with anterior (just a guess on my part). It will be interesting to see how we end up down the road. I am one day ahead of you, so that should be a good study, an easy comparison. Don't you think?
 
So true- pain control is actually possible post-op and it was nearly impossible to get relief before.

I’ve heard anterior is slightly less painful recovery but I’m sure it’s splitting hairs. It hurts, period.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I feel blessed that I only had a few days of pain in the 4-5 range. After that it has been 1-2, or less. Niw, I seldom have anything that I would take meds for but maybe because I maintain. Knocking on wood again :)
 
That's a good thing SarahBee! I was happy to stop taking them too but I kept them close by just in case. Blessing that I didn't have to grab them but I did reach for the Tylenol and/or Aleve a few times!
 
That is wonderful SarahBee! And another one before bedtime?? Don't start going crazy on us now, slow & steady! And keep that ice handy----it's great preventive medicine too! :walking:
 
Okie Dokie :thumb: Will request the thread title change @SarahBee

Great news on the walking, you're doing great! :walking:
 
I like that title. Can totally relate. Feel like a robotic kid wind up toy. Relearning to walk, tie my shoes, get in and out of car without reclining seats..
 
I did not realize how bad it was. I'm still afraid of falling but this too shall pass. My husband just keeps reminding me of Weebles (they wobble but don't fall down). I don't want to mislead you. I'm not trekking great distances. Just to the neighbor's drive, but feels so good. :walking:
 
So glad you got your clot concerns resolved.
Now behave before you hit the ODIC.
Twenty Days from major surgery.
Don't make me holler at you.:umm:

Hope the rest of your week is Sweet!:)
 
Happy Three Week Anniversary!
Things are looking up. It's funny how far you go pretty quickly.
Once the first couple weeks are behind you, you finally start believing it's going to be good after all.
Four weeks was a big turning point for me.
You're doing great. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
@SarahBee
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom