THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
nmay51
Yes I was lifting my bad leg as if to kick & pain hit like a knife going into my groin! I let a yell that scared my cat!!!
But I went to sit & it subsided.
Only when I get up to walk it returns but very slightly. Goes away when no weight on leg. If pain persisted while laying down
I would be more worried!
But all you friendly & helpful hipsters put my mind at ease! :puppysmooze:
Of course I will keep an eye & leg out for pain. If it starts to feel less painful then I'll have my answer! Right now I have ice on thigh & will
take more motrin :) hope your doing well in your recovery :cheers: :thankyou:
 
Well adobo, peace of mind and knowledge are a mere click away:SUNsmile: . I hope everything corrects itself. It appears you got top notch directions from Josephine. With that, I'm certain you'll have sweet, stress free dreams tonight!! :sleep:

Nancy
 
adobo Hi there! Sorry you seem to be having a new pain. But please pay attention to what Josephine said and cut down on the PT exercises, rest the area and keep it well iced to reduce the inflammation. If the pain occurred during a PT exercise, I wouldn't do that one again. Our bodies have been through a lot of manipulation and trauma from the surgery. Some of the tissues can be stretched, injured, and inflammed post-op, and any wrong movement can cause them to become more inflammed and injured.
Do whatever you can to keep the area quiet and not produce the pain, even if it is using a cane or crutch, or going really easy on the walking for a few days. You want it to go away, and not turn into something that lingers.

It should improve and then you'll be back to your great recovery before you know it. You're right, if it gets worse, let the OS know. Take care and good luck. :)
 
adobo. I'm so glad you got some answers from Josephine! She's great! Keep me posted but sounds like toning down the workout a bit and some ice and elevation may be the answer!
 
Rest, elevate, ice , prescribed meds and prescribed exercises by Jo :)
 
I actually thinks that this happens to each of us in one form or another. Keep up with the recovery remember for the advisors here in this group "This aint thier first rodeo!" So they know what hey speak of. Peace be with you.
 
sandpiper@randy62@Poppet
I agree!! Using ice all morning now, staying off leg as much as possible, & NO exercises today!
Feels a little better since I woke up this morning :loll:
Just gonna slow own!!! Ty all for helpful hints & friendliness! :sigh: :thankyou:
And may all your recoveries be safe & easy! :yes:
 
BeckyR hi becky! Tomorrow is your big day. I just wanted to wish you luck! I believe you will do just fine and probably feel just like did as soon as I woke up in recovery! My first thought was how much less pain I had and NO bone on bone! It's scary leading up to but that is the worst part, the anticipation. I have to say my experience so far has been that this has been much easier than I expected.
Good luck! I'll be looking for your post-op success story! You are not alone! We are all here for you in hippie spirit!
 
sandpiper whoosh, I was so far behind (seven pages behind, you chatty thing you) that I gave up on reading it all. Don't have the time I had 2 weeks ago-- life takes so long to live LOL. I know you are keeping cheerful and positive, how can you not-- it's you! :) :)
 
zauberflöte.... Hey girl, I keep telling you, you are having too much fun whilst this girls at work...

sandpiper, you have a nice new avatar, compliments from our Judy? .. She's good you know!
 
Poppet. Believe it or not I actually made the new avatar myself!!' Considering how I kept messing everything up when I first arrived on BS, it's hard to believe I did it!!! Thanks for noticing! I'm so proud!
 
sandpiper... CONGRATULATIONS, we not only learn how to recover from THR's, we become computer gifted, cooking experts, gardeners, quilters, artists as members of this forum, and the list goes on..... x
 
Oh, and I forgot that I was teaching myself Spanish..... Ask alexthecat, she is very smart and taught herself also :)
 
Poppet That's amazing! Are you using CDs to learn? Like Loretta Stone?? How are you doing this?? Must be really hard!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom