THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds as if you lucked out in your "old school"PT drill master. The newer ones in my part of the country are no where as good as the old ones used to be. Theory and book learning do not come up to years of experience!
 
sandpiper, Happy two week anniversary Hippie twin!!! I didn't realize you were still working off your phone. I wanted to make sure you saw something very sweet.... bottomshollow started a thread in the social area of this site. The name of the thread is "filling Sandpiper's song request" I think... It's the song you mentioned a few days ago. Very very sweet song and video too. Look it up and enjoy!!

I'm getting ready to go and do a very little bit of work today. I have a chauffeur and we may do lunch after the bit of work. Then off to get my staples out..... again Happy anniversary to you. I hope it's a good one!

Nancy
 
zauberflöte I am feeling pressured to keep up with all the new avatars! Ha! Plus the butterfly emerges and begins his new life more beautiful and elegant than ever.... Just like us hippies! Appropriate...don't you think?
 
sandpiper Hello there. I'm okay, don't you worry about me. :) You need to take care of yourself and your new hip! Nothing much has changed, except I seem to be having a bit more pain lately. I had the BTHR nearly 5 months ago, and I've been having groin pain that seems to be getting worse - some days not so bad, other days, bad again. My original OS felt it was 'soft tissue inflammation' and that it would go away. He gave me Prednisone for a week, but it only helped while I was on it. I went to a different OS who felt it was tendonitis in the groin - and said he'd give me cortisone shots in 6 weeks if it's not better.

I don't feel I can wait 6 weeks. I'm a part- time school nurse, and supposed to go back to work in 6 weeks. But mostly, I don't want to sit around not doing anything while in pain for 6 more weeks. I'll have to quit my job, I think. I don't qualify for an extended leave, and I don't know if they'd grant one. I haven't done grocery shopping, errands, cooking pretty much the whole time. Whenever I try to resume normal activity, I'm back in pain, even if I go a little bit at a time, it seems. It's not me to be unable to manage the family and the house. I was a vibrant, active, normal person before the surgery. I've been patient, but I feel it's starting to wear on me, especially as the weeks go by and there's no improvement, or improvement only to be followed by a setback.

So dear, I don't want to burden you while you're recovery so nicely from your surgery! :) My situtation is not the norm, unfortunately, and I really don't want to complain.

I want to hear about you and how you're doing now. Two weeks? Congratulations! That's wonderful - you'll just get stronger and stronger, better and better now. It's wonderful that you can recover along with nmay51 . It's so nice to have a surgery buddy who's at the same point in recovery as you are. It's very helpful to support and encourage each other. I'm really glad you are both doing well and coming along nicely.

Your avatar says it all - so full of life and color! Did you find it? Bottomshollow found mine for me - she's great at matching avatars to people.

Take care sandpiper - and keep getting better. I enjoy hearing from you.:flwrysmile:
 
ByGosh I am sorry to hear that you are still in so much pain! It shouldn't be that way! In the hopes that I don't offend you, I hope that you don't mind if I include you in my prayers. If you happen to read one of my posts in the social room you'll see I have dome pretty persuasive angels in my corner! I do believe good things happen to good people eventually. Sometimes it doesn't seem that way at first but you are a lovely caring person. I learned that here without even ever having met you. I know you will be just fine. Funny how strong the connects can be here at BS. I feel like I know you and I know we'd be friends in real life. One never knows, maybe some of our paths will cross someday. How lovely that would be! Hmmmmm.....maybe I'll even get to meet my hippie twin someday! I wonder if we look alike??? Lol
Take good care my friend and please keep me posted! :console2: :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Sandpiper sails over to the other side
sandpiper, here's the link to getting/stopping email notifications:
How can I get (or stop) email alerts for new posts?
 
Aww sandpiper You're so kind to say that about me, and I do think we'd be friends. We are now, and we haven't even gotten into trouble together yet! :) We'd have so much fun and laughs, I just know it. And I am not at all offended if you pray for me. My goodness, I need all the help I can get right now, and I appreciate your prays. I'll look at the Social Room and see your angels, too. I'm glad you have the right connections and that you'll put in a good word for me!
You're beautiful just the way you are - and so is your hippie twin!
Thanks for your kindness. Keep getting well.
 
Hello sandpiper How are you doing? Are you managing your pain ok? I hope everything is going well for you in your recovery. How's you energy level and your appetite? Do you use a cane or a walker now?
I'm hanging in ok, thanks for asking. We're extremely hot and humid here - temps in the 90s on the East Coast, but there was a little breeze today, although the sun was glaring down. The heat wave is supposed to break by the weekend, thank goodness. The electric bill will be sky high, running the air conditioners all of the time.
How is your weather where you live?
 
ByGosh. Hi! My recovery is going well thanks! I didn't take any pain meds until 3:30 this afternoon and then only took one. I just now took some again so I would sleep well. I have my post-op visit tomorrow and I think he will be pleased. I don't use the walker at all and even the cane only occasionally. I am wondering if I might be getting a UTI. I'm not sure what exactly the symptoms are but I seem to have to go constantly! Lol How about you???? Are you in any less pain? You go back to work in September, right? Most important is your recovery! I wish you were having an easier time. I love your beautiful avatar... The roses! So fitting because you seem like such a beautiful person!
I live in Pa and wow has it been hot!!! I was out today for a bit with my mom and it felt sooo good to actually leave the house! Except for the heat that is! Where are you located?
 
randy62. Thanks! Butterflies are so beautiful! I feel like a butterfly with my new hip! I feel like i emerged from this experience better than I was before and with wings to fly!
 
ByGosh Being a part-time school nurse are you contracted? I know our school nurse is contracted like we are and she is eligible for disability leave as well. I hope you don't have to quit your job. I can imagine you are a wonderful school nurse! Compassionate and caring! I work in an elementary school in Kindergarten. And our kids are ALWAYS at the nurse! Ha! I'm sure you can believe that! Are you in an elementary school or high school?
 
Hi all! Just thought I'd post an update. I had my first post-op visit today and when the surgeon walked in the exam room he took one look at me and said " so where's the cane?" I told him i haven't used it for the past week ( I had surgery 16 days ago) . He was very impressed with my progress and said he couldn't believe I'm doing so well! He did caution me however, that altho I feel so great, my insides are not yet healed so I need to be somewhat cognizant of the 90 degree rule. He really wasn't overly concerned with that but did stress no leg crossing. He even told me I could try and drive if I wanted to. His only concerns with that were getting in and out of the car and driving if I take a pain pill. I am almost completely off the pain meds as is anyway! I was so pleased with how it went!! Thank God for great surgeons!!! :bow:
 
bottomshollow can you tell me what the BS cocktail is? I know it's tylenol and ibuprofen but when and how often do I take each and what dose? I was thinking of going to that for pain instead of the prescription meds! Tx!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom