THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandpiper I'm so sorry to hear about the sad loss of your friend, his family and you must feel devastated. I too lost a friend some years back who took his own life. None of us had any idea that he was in such a bad place. I hope that your community rally round and support his family and I send love and prayers from across the pond xx
 
zauberflöte
I can totally identify with how you are feeling about the weight gain. I find myself needing to sit down after every little tidy up job around the house and i have gained a few as well. I was just thinking today that when i am flat on my back after surgery I hope the painkillers take away my appetite because it will be even worse.
 
Goody2Shoes3 Thanks for understanding! :) For me, the percocet took away my appetite, but a couple of days in I found myself basically having a low-sugar fit. I discovered if I fed myself twice as often, and (here it comes) twice as much, I'd feel better. That would have been ok, cos I didn't gain anything for abut 2-3 weeks-- my body must have had a use for those calories!--, but then after that I just cut loose with the bad foods, and fell off the wagon. And I was eating meat (chicken) for healing, which I don't usually do, so there were more added calories. Man, the things we do to ourselves! And we do need to eat good foods and plenty of them in order to heal. So it's a tightrope walk... sigh...
 
Red Shoe thank you so much and I am sorry for your loss as well. So senseless. But as you said...they are in a bad place.

zauberflöte. Goody2Shoes3. We women are so hard on ourselves! Never satisfied. Here I just spent the afternoon being lectured by my mom about being too thin and having lost weight since I've been home. Lol gezzzzz I've been eating more than I normally do when I'm at work and I'm not nearly as active as when I'm working my 11- 11 1/2 hr days. And I'm loosing weight! Go figure!!! And it's not for lack of trying to put a few lbs. on! I've even made a habit of having a huge Rita's gelato every night before bed! See....no one is ever happy' tell you what, just send a few of your lbs. my way!!! Then we'll all be happy!! Lololol
 
@zauberflote Tell me about it! I think I have seen two new jean sizes since I stopped being able to walk up and down the hills. I had already donated the pants I wore before I quit smoking but now I am hopeful for full recovery from my chubby condition :)
 
zauberflöte Here she is . She has been hiding out at my place!
[Bonesmart.org] Sandpiper sails over to the other side
 
nmay51. So how is my hippie twin doing? Probably sky diving or bunjie jumping by now!! :angel: :spin: :heehee:​

Good Morning sandpiper,
Happy Saturday Hippie Twin!!!

No skydiving for me ever again. I did do it for my 40th Birthday... a present from my ex husband. I think he was trying to tell me something :rotfl: ... I should have known something was up when he didn't jump :shrug: !!! I'm finally starting to sleep better. I find that if I get moving during the day, I sleep better at night. I even had a nap yesterday, and I still slept better than I have been post op.

I currently have the house to myself! I LOVE my brood very much, but I certainly miss my "alone" time too. I went to a great movie last night. RED 2. Highly recommend it. A funny adventure movie. Not realistic, but that's ok by me. The friends I went with loved it too. They're my old cycling buddies. They were riding 28 miles at 6:30 this morning. I SO badly wanted to go. It's been so long! I told them that by the first of the year I'd be ready for our old kind of riding. Mount Dora has a fabulous Bike Fest in October every year. Thousands of cyclists from all over come to ride any of @30 different rides. It's a healthy weekend party in gorgeous Florida weather. I didn't ride last year but I went to enjoy the other activities. This year I'll be on a cruise. No one is going this year. Next year... We are all in.

I have to reorganize my house/cabinets/closets to make room for my daughter and SIL. The spare room was my office and the closet was my storage closet. Being hurt, I wasn't able to do it before. Today, with Kelly's help, I just may get that one closet emptied so they can use it. I'm in no great rush, it will get done when I can get it done, and not a moment sooner. My New Years resolution was to put my health first. So far so good. :yes!:

How are you doing? Any new and fabulous accomplishments???? Any weekend plans or goals?

sandpiper We are almost at the 4 week mark... I'd say that's a reason to have a dirty martini, don't you???:martini: CHEERS Hippie twin!

Enjoy your weekend!
Nancy
 
Hi nmay51 What a terrific report! I'm so glad you're doing well and that you got out to the movie with your friends. You're right - the closet will get done when you can get to it, your health comes first.
I think a New Year's bike ride is a very realistic and happy goal to look forward to. You'll definateliy be up to it by then! I hope all is going as smoothly as possible with your daughter and her hubby at your house - you're a great Mom and they love you for it.

sandpiper Hello - I hope your doing well now, too. Don't fret, you'll gain that body weight back as soon as you're feeling yourself, becoming more active, building muscles again, and eating with a good appetite. I think we all become a little different when the arthritis pain starts to limit us, then the surgery happens and the recovery - so it takes time for the body to come around again. The most important thing for all of us is to appreciate what we have that's healthy and works, whether it's a little bit lean or padded. As Goody2Shoes3 said, we have so much to be thankful for.
And zauberflöte I still think you look great! I can see you on the inside, and you're a beauty! :SUNsmile:
So is Goody2Shoes3 with her nice healthy arms, and sandpiper with her lean figure! :) And nmay51 with her bubbly personality! We don't care how each other looks, we appreciate everyone else's inner kindness, that's the most beautiful of all.
 
nmay51 Ok.....I have to agree that it does seem just a tad be suspect that the ex didn't jump when you did! Did you by any chance check in with your insurance agent to see if a new life insurance policy had recently been purchased????:yikes: :heehee: I am so happy to hear you are doing so well!!! Sounds like you are well on your way to getting your life back! Isn't it wonderful??!! If someone had told me weeks ago that I'd be walking with out the use of any aids one week post-op, or off pain meds two weeks post-op, I'd never have believed it!!! I went to my daughter's picnic yesterday and had a great time. Everyone there was amazed that I am just under 4 weeks out of major THR surgery!! I feel so " normal"!! I do take heed though and pay attention to what my OS tols me at my 2 week visit. He reminded me that I am nowhere near healed on the inside. I try to remind myself of that often because it's so easy to over do it when you are pain free!

ByGosh...my friend...how are you doing?? I know it's been a bit of a different story for you but I am rooting for you every day! Your time will come and when it does we will all be here to party and rejoice with you!!!:yahoo:

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and posting! I love hearing how everyone is and what you have all been up to! Life is good isn't it????:iagree: nmay51 By the way hippie twin.....I passed on the dirty martini at the picnic only because i figured since it was outside and on uneven grass, I'd better not take a chance on getting too "unstable" ( I can just see Josephine now.....:no-fin: ) :heehee: so I just stayed with wine! Better safe than sorry!!:flwrysmile:
 
Hi sandpiper I'm glad you're doing so well and things are moving along for you! :)
It's taking me time, but I'm hoping this pain will resolve soon.
Your time will come and when it does we will all be here to party and rejoice with you!!!:yahoo:
I'm looking forward to that party with everyone. We have a nice, level patio so you can have all the dirty martini's you want! :martini: PS My son bartends on the side, so he can mix up a few good ones for us. :beer:
 
ByGosh. Whooooohooooo!!!!! :dancy: COUNT ME IN!!!!! It will happen for you I know. Must be hard for you to be positive though when the pain is present. Know that you have friends here ( ME being one of the many) who are right here to help you fight your fight. :friends: (I'll need a dirty martini drinking buddy for the party so we gotta get you on your game girl!) Tell you son to start stocking up on olive juice! :martini:
 
Ok.....I have to agree that it does seem just a tad be suspect that the ex didn't jump when you did! Did you by any chance check in with your insurance agent to see if a new life insurance policy had recently been purchased????:yikes: :heehee:

You are so funny, and No, I never thought to check about the insurance. Let's just say that I'm a whole lot wiser today than I was way back then. Some day, over a dirty martini, I'll share my philosophy on how I got so blind for that period in my life. :martini: For now, lets just say I hope I'm smarter and a better judge of character. The people in my life are true and real and make me a better person. That chapter certainly made me better not bitter, but I can laugh about the blind spots I had back then, now. And on that note I'll say Cheers to that!:beer:

The picnic sounds wonderful! Summers are great for fun gatherings. I would have gone with the wine as well... maybe a wheel chair just to be safe?! :bicycle2: Josephine would be very proud, I'm sure!!! :yes:

Seriously, you're doing amazing and I'm sure that with your cautious side, you'll continue to get better and better.

ByGosh, I also bartended for a while, and if your son needs a helper, count me in. I can't do anything fancy like in the Tom Cruise movie "Coctail" but I can pour, and clean up well. I'm also a very good gofer and with this new hip... it would give me great pleasure to "run" for things, pain free of course :whistle: . A celebration in your healthy, totally recovered honor is closer than you think... I can feel it! My pom poms are dusted off and I'm ready and waiting for a couple of good days put together. Today begins a new week... I'm hopeful for this week being the week :iagree:

Nancy
 
ByGosh the only thing that is missing about BS is that I wish I could meet you guys in person. We share so much and become friends and I guess I just naturally want to meet the kids, the grandkids....lol invite everyone to tea ( ok.....a martini!!!) :beer: lol i wonder what everyone looks like. You know how you have an imagine in your mind of what you think someone looks like? Hey.... Have you ever watched the new show called Mistresses on Sunday nights at 10:00 p.m. ? A group of girls all best friends..... I bet we look like them!!!! Sexy, beautiful!!! But NO ONE IS HAVING AFFAIRS!!! Lol nmay51.... Of course you and I are allowed to if we want!!! :whistle: :rotfl: ok....ok..... Maybe not quite YET! And by the way, when we have our girl talk about past relationships over that martini, you better make it a pitcher! I've got a story or two myself! Gezzzzzz!!! :thud:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom