TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

I can't believe how quickly my energy runs out. My daughter asked if I wanted to come outside and watch the pigs get shaved for the fair, as it should be entertaining. I walked to the back of the house and out onto the patio and sat in a straight chair as I didn't think that I could get out of the rocker yet. Within about 10 minutes I was exhausted, just sitting. I had to go back to my recliner, pillows, and ice. This is ridiculous!
 
@sandi4213 Oh, yeah. I regularly kick guests out after an hour or so because I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open--and that's with me comfortable in the recliner or on the porch daybed. It's slowly getting better.
 
At 2 weeks post op I got tired showering and getting dressed. Having a staged TKR even 5 months apart can mean a bit more of energy drain. But watching pigs get shaved sounds like more fun that holding them down. :heehee:
 
Oh Sandi, I needed a nap after showering at just 2 weeks out! It really is crazy how draining this recovery can be and you've had the "Double-Whammy," special; aaccck! I know I won't have to remind you to just go slow, eh? Nah, didn't think so.:wink: Basically, for now, you only need enough energy to get out of that recliner every two hours or so for the essentials....that's it, and the essentials at 2 weeks post-op are pretty small. You've got this.:yes!:
 
That energy drain is for real! I'm 5 weeks today and it still hits me after about 2 hours.
 
I'm divorced and recovered alone and took care of 13 kitties. My first week my neighbor came and cleaned out the litter boxes on the screened-in porch, after that, it was up to me. Before the surgery I bought lots of protein drinks and bars and mixed nuts. For dessert I had Hershey's Dark Kisses. Also on hand were lots bottled waters. I used a rolling walker with a covered tray and seat to transport things to my recliner. If you prepare ahead you will do just fine. There will be someone on here 24 hours a day if you have any questions.
 
Murphy came to visit yesterday. Just as I am thinking that at least I will have all of you to talk to while I am here alone, I woke up to no internet. It was out all day and we couldn't figure out why. My SIL tried calling the service provider but kept getting hung up on. When we went to bed, it was still out, but came back sometime during the night. Praise God! The though of being here alone with no internet? :banghead::bignono:

I had my 2nd pt appt. yesterday morning. It went pretty well. I did some gentle exercises (no hurting) and was even able to do the little floor peddler. I started out rocking and then started doing revolutions. I was really happy about that. My flexion was 90. I'm good with that right now.

The trip to pt wiped me out, of course. I was able to take a shower last night with no help. My daughter has been getting the water ready, putting on my trash bag leg cover, getting my towels for me and helping get my leg over the side of the tub. I was able to do it all by myself last night :yahoo:I think I will be okay.

I have started cutting back on the oxy a bit. I was taking 5mg every 4 hours (along with tramadol/Tylenol every 6). I am now taking the oxy every 6 hours. My leg gets a little achy, but not real pain unless I am too active. I will be happy when I am done with the oxy and just using the t&t combo.
 
Just stopping in to see how things are going with your recovery. Hope all is well!:flwrysmile:
 
@Fire wolf Today is going well so far. There was lots of drama here trying to get the pigs loaded up and off to the fair, as well as the 4 granddaughters. Right now, I am kinda looking forward to some quiet. We'll see how I feel about it tomorrow ;)
 
Sandy, no internet is always a bummer, but now, just before you do some solitary time? Aacck!!! I'm so glad you are connected again this morning; phew! Now, what do we need to do to keep it connected? Is there a potion or salve? Perhaps some Pixie Dust? If so, you're in luck. I have overstocks of the latter.:egypdance:

"I started out rocking and then started doing revolutions. I was really happy about that. My flexion was 90. I'm good with that right now." C'mon now, let's summon up just a tad more enthusiasm for these miraculous accomplishments, eh? Seriously, this kinda thing just doesn't happen on my planet, lol. I find your Super Powers ASTONISHING!:wowspring:
 
You are doing remarkably well. I hope your solitude is bringing you a chance to really rest and let your body start to heal!
 
The last of them finally left a couple of hours ago and I immediately took a 2 hour nap!

@Pheebs52 I am okay with where I am at, but that box of patience under the bed disappeared somewhere. I have looked high and low! Seriously, the peddler is okay, but I can't wait to get back on my recumbent bike. I'm so happy for you today with your riding and I want to do it again. :upright:
 
Sending a new box of patience Sandi! Red (for under the bed) or Blue, for on top the bureau? Just say the word.:heehee:

In the interim, until your patience is fully restored, I shall pedal the big kid's bike for you, lol!:snork:
 
I think I'll take the blue since the bed is so far down there and rightly isn't quite ready for that yet @Pheebs52 . Can you expedite the delivery? :giggle:
 
Absolutely @sandi4213! The sparkly blue box, just brimming over with patience molecules should arrive in a flash! Just close your eyes, and...Voila! I suggest rubbing some of the molecules between the eyes as well as over the knees.:heehee:
 
I went to my 2 week check up today. The staples came out (ouchie). I'm glad to see them gone. The PA that I saw was very pleased with my progress, bend, straightening, and gait. He said I was ahead of the curve. By the time we got back home, it's about a 45 minute drive, I was wiped out. I guess I'm not ready for long outings yet. It is always nice to hear that everything looks good, though.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom