TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

What a great 2 week report @sandi4213!:yes!: Isn't it fabulous to be rid of those blasted staples? Yep, it is! It's a big milestone in regaining some level of comfort.:SUNsmile: That WAS a long day for you, so no wonder you were wiped-out!
 
:goodpost:What a great report! And getting those staples out were such a relief! It's all going to get better and better!
 
It is great to have the staples out, it is so much more comfortable. I was too tired yesterday to really appreciate it, but I am appreciating it this morning.

If you recall, my sleeping was fantastic right home from the hospital this time. I didn't know why, but it was great. We'll, apparently the honeymoon is over. The last 3 or 4 nights I am lucky to get 2 to 3 hours at a time before I wake up and can't go back to sleep. I hope this development is short lived. Maybe the sleep fairy inadvertently dumped the whole box of fairy dust on me at first and now it's empty. :what:
 
The sleep fairy is a fickle pixie. She can always get more fairy dust--it's her superpower--but does she throw a little extra your way? It's just back to catching sleep wherever you can find, looks like. :alarm:

Sounds like this recovery is going really well! Pretty soon your new knees will be walking buddies. :thumb:
 
Eh, that Sleep Fairy is such an unpredictable little...er..witch! It does sound as though she was over-enthusiastic in dusting you with her special potion the first 2 weeks, and now you've been consigned to the never appreciated, but very *normal* "Sleepless Post-TKR," pile; pffft! Somebody should really have a word with her, eh?
 
Yes, @Pheebs52 someone really needs to talk to her.

I am getting some really good zingers today, right up the middle of the knee. Good thing I have been here before or I would be concerned. :arrow:As it is, I'm just saying hurry up and reattach already! It's easier when I can tell myself it's healing.
 
Hi Sandy
Remember the talk about elusive and interrupted sleep to way back when I was in the stage you are at now w knee " take 2"? Did you read about the 174hz frequency tapes (alleviates pain...helps induce sleep) available on YouTube? (I still turn to that every so often.) There are all sorts of tapes. You'd have to try a few each for about 3 minutes and decide which are/is most soothing for you. They are of varying lengths. You could let it run in the background and hopefully fall asleep with the sound.
 
So, my kids and grands are at the fair and the 2 dogs are here with me. I let them out in the morning and in at night. My son in law or his dad come by later to feed and water them and the chickens. It's been working out so far. Tonight when I let the dogs in the little one stunk to high heaven! Apparently he got into the pig pen and covered himself in ...well we know what is in pig pens. I'm here by myself, so I had to get him in the tub (good thing he's little) and rinse him off. I couldn't believe how much stuff rinsed off him.

I just started showering by myself not long ago and I am surprised that I was able to get him cleaned off pretty good, bathtub rinsed off, and dog dried off. I about collapsed on the couch when I was done, but I guess I can do more than I thought. I hope there aren't any more surprises tonight.
 
Oh Sandi, just catching up on your thread. I can't believe you had to give the dog a bath. It sounds like you accomplished it.:wowspring:I'm so with you sister...we stagers just have to keep reminding ourselves that our journey is a little different. It goes on and on and seems like you'll never get better, AND THEN, things start to get better! As we all know it can be great one day and horrible the next but it we keep having those good days it makes the bad easier to bear!

I also had to read your posts about shaving the pigs and going to the fair to DH. It all sounds quite fascinating to me. Please let us know if they place or win....there are no pictures of pigs under the pet tab so just imagine a cute little piglet! I hope your last few days alone go okay. :friends:
 
@becticu It sure is nice to have someone out there who understands. I don't know how anyone does this alone. :console2:

The girls have each shown their pigs twice now and received a red ribbon each time. My SIL recorded yesterday's presentation on Facebook live and it was pretty cool watching my granddaughters herding a pig that weighs between 285 and 350 lbs. around the ring with about 10 other pigs and their handlers. I am very proud of how well they did. I am so bummed that I had to miss this first year, but am reminding myself that I will be in great shape next year.
 
Oh you poor thing, having to bathe such a stinky dog! My brother's farm is sometimes downwind of a pig farm and the smell... enough said.

That must have been amazing, watching your granddaughters showing their pigs. Just think, next year you will be traipsing all around the fair with the girls and going to all the shows. And eating all the good food. Something to look forward to!
 
Sandi, yes you will! Next year we will do lots of things we couldn't do this year! Congratulations on the red ribbons. I'm glad you got to see by video. I agree, I couldn't have survived this alone. I have lots of friends and family as I'm sure most do here on BS. Without BS I would have felt alone in this recovery regardless. What a fantastic support group!!:wowspring:
 
Ugh! Stinky dog that requires you to bathe him! Glad you survived last night. So glad we have the technology that you could watch the girls showing their pigs when you couldn't be there. We have a big fair here in July and I love going to the 4H day, watching the kids showing their pigs, cows, sheep, goats, etc. They work so hard all year on these projects. 4H is such an awesome program, kids learn so much responsibility, etc. Yes, next year you will be able to be there in person.
 
@kmak81230 it really is a great program. This was our first year in Idaho, coming from a very hot, dry area in Arizona, so our first experience with 4H. It has been really good for the girls, they have learned that the animals had to come first even when they were tired, busy, it was raining or snowing, or walking through piles of :censored:. I think they are both proud of themselves.

I've been really surprised by how well all of the girls have been with the fact that the pigs were going to the butcher. We talked about it before we got them, and frequently while they were here. We also had a 3rd pig that is going in our freezer amend we talked about that, too. I guess last night one of the younger 4H boys fell on his pig and started sobbing that he couldn't let him go. That got a bunch of the other kids crying, including our 12 year old. Now she is upset about her pig. Life lessons.

I had my first trash-backless shower today. It felt so freeing! So glad those staples are gone and the incision looks good. My smile for today :yes!:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom