TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

Not liking the snow forecast (though I’m sure you’re well-prepared for such) but loving that you are doing so well! Back to work, but gradually, and really enjoying your life. You know you’ve reached a good place when you and your new knees can handle busy. Halloween with the grandkids... how fun was that? :roseshwr: I see my grandkids next week. Let us know how the snow treats you!
 
@Jockette my left knee is doing pretty well. It grumbled a bit when I first had the right done, and demanded more attention than it had been. There is one small "pocket" of swelling that has not gone away yet. It normally doesn't bother me, it's just a little bump on the top. About 2/3 of the scar is pretty faded to a white line, what is not is still very red. The doc tells me that all of this will resolve itself.

As far as function, it has done what I have asked it to. Because of the right one, I haven't asked as much as I would have, since I need both knees to be working sometimes. It is straight now (that took awhile) and bends well (measured 132 at one of my pt appointments). The one weird thing is that lefty was my bad knee for 45 years and now it is the good one. That is strange sometimes.

I hope your knee is doing well at this point as well.
 
@SusieShoes I don't know that I would say we are prepared for the snow...I don't have my snow tires on yet, the yard is not quite ready, I haven't put my winter mats in the car yet. The forecast changed on us rather quickly. :yikes:

It is really nice to be able to do things with the grandkids again without being in a lot of pain. All that standing around on hard floors at the carnival is challenging, but my knees did alright. I am sure you are looking forward to your grandkids. Spending time with them is a wonderful blessing (and pretty good payback for not killing your own teenagers) :heehee: Enjoy!
 
So true about not killing the teenagers. I have three sons, and two have young children of their own. My oldest, who has a two year old, called me the other day just to say “Thank you, Mom, for letting me live.” We talked about how sometimes children drive their parents absolutely crazy. I told him the really fun stuff was yet to come. :rotfl:
 
Wow! It's been a year since my first tkr! Happy kneeversary to @zakmick and @debbyS .

My knees are both doing well. The second is about 7 months old. I don't think about them much, so I guess that is a good sign. I don't really get down on the floor much, but I don't even hesitate on stairs, up or down. I work at a special needs preschool 2 days a week, full days, and I get through each day with no problem (except that I am old and tired).

I haven't had time to check up on anyone for quite a while, so I hope you are all doing well. For anyone just starting this journey, know that it does get better, and a new life without knee pain is waiting for you. Getting my knee replacements was the best thing I have ever done.
 
It's so good to hear how well you are doing! Up and down stairs without thinking about it is even more amazing! What a wonderful inspiration you are to those coming up in this journey!
 
Happy kneeversary Sandi!! So glad to hear from you. You sound like you have a whole new lease on life. I celebrated by visiting my surgeon today, I’ll update on my thread.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom