TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

Oh Sandi, if only we could all have a *head adjustment* the week before TKR, eh? In some ways, it's great to know what to expect, in others, probably not so much, lol. But, the best possible knowledge is knowing this is a "Never Again!" scenario.

If "Thelma and Louise," aren't taken I think they'd make a great pair of knees, lol.
 
Exactly, you lucky devil! This will be in your rearview mirror before you know it! And this time, you do know exactly what to do, unlike Knee One. You won't question every twinge, ache or pain 'cuz you'll know they're all...er...*normal*, lol. And, you also now have a huge network of Bonesmartie friends to keep your spirits up!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, what pheebs said. One aspect that's easier is knowing that all the various aches, bruises jolts, twinges and throbbing is nornal.
 
If it ever comes to this situation for me, please will you write the same things for me as well?:sorry:
 
I was reading my thread from the beginning yesterday to remind myself of my journey. I think it will help me after the next one to remember what I did before. I'm so glad this forum is here to chronicle our journies.

I hope everyone had a good Monday and hope the week ahead is full of peace and healing.
 
Hey Sandi ! Second you on that thought, this is a first time for me as well, being so consistent with chronicling a journey. It has been very rewarding, especially all the help and advice from comrades-in-knees.
You'll be a champ and we'll be here - icing and elevating !
 
I think your mantra... one more and never again would be good for the title of your thread [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@sandi4213 wow, you're doing fabulous. It's great that you're able to do all these wonderful trips.
Don't worry about your next knee, it does mess with your head though, the waiting. But, you'll be glad when it's over. I did find for my second, it did help to know what to expect. I'm so happy for you to get started on your path to getting your other knee done so you will have two great knees to walk on the beach with.
That's what pushed me over the edge to get my knees replaced, when I couldn't hardly walk the beach anymore. When we're all done it will be a great feeling to walk on the beach with no pain. :loveshwr:
 
Sandi, it struck me yesterday that already, I almost *forget* what those first two weeks of recovery are like. Not quite, but almost. It's all a bit of a blur now and that's ok, since I do have another knee that needs fixing at some point. By that time, I expect I'll have total amnesia regarding Number One, lol.
 
@Pheebs52 - mine were 6mo apart and I was surprised at what I had already forgotten, so I'm sure you'll probably have total amnesia for the next one.
 
I think a little amnesia for the next couple of weeks would be great:) Hopefully I will be so distracted while we are traveling that I won't think about surgery.
 
Live it up on your travels! I agree that is a great distraction. When I couldn't keep those thoughts away I would just tell myself, you can live through those first several weeks no matter what happens. It does help knowing what to expect. I've been very open about my discouragement with my second recovery. BUT all those weird pains and things we feel like that tight band feeling, etc. On your second one you just say, yep I know what that is and that's normal. You will do great and in the mean time ENJOY!
 
It sounds like you have a good crew in August and of course we will be here too!
 
@sandi4213 -you just have a good time. It will help keep you distracted and you'll have fun.
We'll be here for you in August and looking forward to hearing about your travels.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom