TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

Paula, I'll have to check out the RYN's; never heard of them, so thanks!
 
It's so interesting how we all have our own little issues. We had our surgeries on the same day and it appears you are further along in your recovery than I am from the sounds of how you did on your trips. I know I couldn't have done what you did.

But now you have the issues with your feet and I luckily have been fortunate to not have any problems with mine so far. I have lots of flight attendant friends with major foot problems and I know it's not fun. Several are out with surgeries for that right now.

I hope you can get it worked out and resolved and also that your second knee will be as good to you as your first one has been :fingersx:
 
@flyaway79 my knee has really recovered well. I still have the occasional zinger, the numbness still bugs me, I don't completely have my energy back, but I have been blessed with a good recovery. Thankfully my foot doesn't hurt all the time.

I am nervous about my upcoming surgery. My right knee is not nearly as bad as the left was, so you would think that the recovery would be easier. The os expects the surgery to be easier. I have learned that knees have a mind of their own, though, so I don't know if any of that will matter.
 
I know what you mean. My left which will be done sometime next year is my "better" one. For my right that I just had done this is my third surgery on it so I knew going in it was most likely going to be tougher and slower to recover. Yup. That's been true. But at least I was warned about it.

I'm hoping that my next one will be more cooperative. I'm waiting for this one to get closer to final recovery before thinking about doing my other one.
 
And I had numbness still left from my PKR 6 years ago before this surgery. Now I have even more after this one. I kinda expect to always have some numbness, but to me it's no big deal. If that's the worst part after this is all said and done I'm happy!!
 
I was shaving my legs tonight, last time before surgery, and I'm thinking this is the last time I will shave my right leg without numbness. I thought it was a weird thought :what:
 
Wanted to wish you all the best and hope recovery is kind to you Sandi xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Interesting thought, but it makes perfect sense to me. The numbness is kind of... freaky. I was just shaving my legs/knees yesterday and thinking how odd the numb patches feel. You have your original issue knee for comparison, so it must seem even odder. Hope your surgery is smooth sailing!
 
Thank you for the good wishes, everyone. @zakmick We have really gone through this together. I hope to be wishing you the best with your in vitro soon. Please stay around and keep me updated, okay? Big hugs for being there through everything.
 
Sandi, what's really funny is when it itches inside your leg, you scratch it and can't feel it! :scratch:
 
Sandi good luck with your second surgery on Tuesday! I will be watching for your postings!

:wave:
 
Finally got a call from admitting. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 1:15, with check in at 10:45. Of course I was hoping for early morning, but it is what it is. I'll talk to you all on the other side.
 
Good luck tomorrow -- we'll all be thinking about you, sending good energy for a successful surgery. See you in recovery!
 
All the best, Sandi ! Talk to ya soon on the wild Side :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yea, it's almost here! Your first knee was two days before mine so we've been doing this a while! Remember every knee is different. The good thing is all those weird pains, you will know what they are. It was comforting for me to realize okay that's normal to feel that and it doesn't last forever! With the first knee we just didn't know! I'llbe watching for your updates, you've got this!:friends::loveshwr:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom