Guest viewing is limited

TKR Rubyroo TKR #2

Oh my, that does look angry. :console2:

And Happy Birthday! I’m sorry it wasn’t happier. :console2:
 
So glad you went with your gut feeling Ruby! It certainly did look angry! Sorry that happened to you!
Happy Birthday and glad you got some happiness seeing your family!
 
Oh boy that looks pretty awful. So glad to hear you have it under control and I hope you are seeing and feeling an improvement by now. It’s quite the journey we go on when we have this surgery - the long and winding road for sure! Hope all your “bumps” are done with now.
 
@Rubyroo - Ask him one for me too please,:santa-dance: although I'm getting plenty of exercise going to and from the bathroom. On a serious note did you have an epidural? The reason I ask, is that I recently learnt bladder incontinence is a side effect of an epidural and can last up to 6 weeks, I've 4 left to go:flabber: if only the anesthetist had pre-warned me, I could have saved myself worry and the expense of having tests taken as I thought I had an infection.
 
I did have a spinal. I drink a lot of fluids though. It’s better this time around though. Had to set an alarm & get up and pee every 3 hours for the first couple weeks. Plus I take a diuretic.
 
Welcome to the other side, again, @Rubyroo ! I had no idea a toboggan was a hat either! I thought it was a sled! Now that I see yours, I want one. :wink: Good luck on your continued recovery!
 
Yes, when I was a wee child living in Germany, we used to go tobogganing every day after school and at the weekends, eventually I progressed to skiing, but I think tobogganing was probably loads more fun xx
 
My knee is much improved from 6 days ago after my Ortho Urgent Care visit on December 18th where they said it was ANGRY but not infected. Thankful for improvement! Cutting back on my Tramadol. Only had to take 1 yesterday before bedtime. Baby steps! Supposed to begin PT again on Tuesday December 28th.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Rubyroo TKR #2
    68E5BE99-4C1E-475A-941A-F3B1248DF327.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 159
Ouch that does look sore, once your incision is dry & healed, you must use plenty of moisturiser, Bio Oil is excellent. Glad you are managing to ease of the Tramadol xx
I had my staples removed last Wednesday, and was forced to stop the Tramadol ( nasty side effects ) since strangely, I've taken very few pain meds going literally 12 hours without and so far no pain not sure if this is a flux and worse is to come, but hopefully I've turned a corner and pain is easing off.
This time my knee detests being elevated - bizarre so I'm just icing it at regular intervals.
Today I had my 1st glass of wine with lunch :martini:
Wishing you Happy Holidays xx
 
@ Rubyroo....Once again, I am catching up, & just now seeing your “angry knee posts”! I am so glad you got in early! My knee started out with the oozing, but I never got blisters like yours. I did wind up with an infection & cleanout surgery ; I’m so glad you have avoided that! I bet those antibiotics have helped.
This journey is such an adventure, full of surprises. I’m so glad yours is going well, & that you were able to see your family for your Birthday. Every celebration, whether big, or small is especially exciting, even when we have to change, or downscale traditions. It’s just the being together, & even if it’s not all, just being with some of our loved ones, means a lot. We had a Skype visit with our son & his girlfriend, ( they both live in Germany) spending the holidays with her family in Italy.
Then Christmas Day with our daughter, her husband & our 6 year old grandson at their home. My biggest outing yet, a 45 minutes drive each way! I bet it was fun with that 4 month old grand baby... that is such a sweet, fun stage. Hopefully this post finds your knee continuing to heal well. And a new happy year with that new knee. Take care...
...just realizing I never hit the “send”! So, am sending it this morning, as I grab a few more winks on the couch, after the Last 6 AM antibiotic infusion !Today, we see my Infectious Diseases Dr, and, I will have the PICC line removed & have several months of oral antibiotics. We are both looking forward to having the luxury of sleeping in til 7 or 7:30! We tend to be early risers anyway, but it will be nice to have that option. Isn’t it funny, just little accomplishments can give us such great pleasure? Well, I Will send my message now, and trusting your knee is one day better.have a good day.
 
@Catalien45 Thank you my friend! Knee is coming along! Much improved from Dec 18th. I begin PT again tomorrow. Can’t really say I’m looking forward to it. I’ll do what I feel comfortable with. Maybe it’ll be like church, or the gym- when sometimes you don’t feel like going- but you know that you should & then afterwards you’re glad you went.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Rubyroo TKR #2
    2D9C70AB-2571-42BF-B2A7-8731E5577777.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 103
Well my PT appointment on 12-28-21 went pretty good yesterday. The flexion was measured at 110 degrees & the extension was measured at -5 degrees. So yay! For 18 days post-op this is good news! I’ll take it! Did most all exercises that I was asked to do- but there was one that I could only do a few of & I did what I could manage & said- alrighty then- that’s enough of that one. Because I was curious- I asked if my therapist would measure my 2 year old RTKR and my flexion was 128 degrees & my extension was 0! Woo hoo! So that is exciting. On PBS I’ve been watching some of the Ken Burns documentaries on the National Parks & day dreaming about where I want to go next :thumb:.
 
Wow, your knee looks SO MUCH better!! :wow: 110 is great for only 3ish weeks post-op!

Love those Ken Burns docs! I haven't seen the National Parks one yet.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom