Guest viewing is limited

TKR Rubyroo TKR #2

@Rubyroo Welcome to the other side again. I think patriciad meant to post this. Sounds like you are doing very well. You are welcome to keep this recovery on it's own thread if you wish. Or we can merge both your threads - just let us know.

The first is for 4-hourly doses and the second for 6-hourly:
[Bonesmart.org] Rubyroo TKR #2


If you use this schedule, do check to make sure you're not taking any other drugs that contain Tylenol (Acetaminophen) You need to stay within the safe limit of no more than 4,000 mg of Tylenol in a 24 hr period. If any other medications you're taking contain Tylenol, add their amount into your daily calculations and reduce another of your doses, so you stay within those limits.
 
@Rubyroo
Your two threads have been merged. Let us know if you would like a different title.
Thanks,
Chris
 
@Rubyroo it has been like a brain teaser for us this evening- great photo, I am also a gal who adores fleece whether it’s a hat, top, pants, or blanket! You look so cosy :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
The American to European translator has stocking cap= a knitted hat/cap ( can also be made from other materials now)
Happy Healing and sweet dreams:sleeep:
 
@Mrty2019 - We say the same about the Americans
We call "pants" trousers and pants in English are undies, Pantyhose we call stockings, have you ever watched the British comedian Michael McIntyer "simplifying English for the Americans " you can get it on you tube - Its quite funny also look up his skit on names.
 
I will check out Michael McIntyer. I follow the Memos that got Lost in the Pond on YouTube which is a Brit living in America.
 
I went to PT twice this week, on Monday & again today. I got measured on Monday and my Extension was -5; Flexion was 97. They didn’t measure me today. I just do what I can during PT and when I’ve done what I feel comfortable doing I stop and say what else ya got for me? My bruises are really starting to show up on my leg & they look pretty rough- poor boo boo leg. I feel this time is going more smoothly as Sara61 mentioned- not sure if it is the knowledge we’ve gained, kind of knowing what to expect, BoneSmart support & mostly I feel it is because so far I’ve been able to manage with Tramadol & Tylenol. The Oxycodone just doesn’t agree with me. I hope I can continue to steer clear of it.
 
The combination of Tylenol and Tramadol really works. Glad you are doing well.
 
:wave:You haven't posted for a couple of days, I'm hoping all is well with you xx
 
*Caution: Photos attached may be disturbing to some folks.

Had some mini knee drama. Dec 14-16 I noticed my aquacel dressing that was put on my leg after surgery was becoming quite fluid filled & felt warm & was also leaking a bit of fluid out of it. Went on Ortho Patient Portal & sent message asking if I should be concerned. Bandage was supposed to stay on til Dec 21st. They requested I send photo of fluid filled bandage & I did. Triage nurse called me on the phone & said- yeah I think you should remove that bandage gently blot dry as best you can & recover with some Sterile 4x4 gauze pads & paper tape & she then made me an appointment to see my OS on Dec 21st & said cancel PT till you see him & limit movement. I cancelled both PT sessions for the week!

So this was occurring at 4:50 pm on a Friday afternoon. So I removed my aquacel dressing they put on after surgery and it was pretty disgusting. Lots of fluid and leg was super red, inflamed & blistered. My first thought was- wow my leg looks like brains or hamburger meat. Blotted it dry as best as I could & put the little pathetic, insufficient bandages on.

Redid this around 2 am Saturday Dec 18th at which time I sent a picture to my OS on the Patient Portal & said- I’m not comfortable with waiting to have this looked at until Tuesday Dec 21st & asked should I go to an Urgent Care or the Emergency Room?

By the time I got up Saturday Dec 18th I called the after hours phone # the Triage nurse had given me & got them to have their on call Dr. call me back & I got locations of Ortho Urgent Care & time they were open until & we headed there ASAP. The Dr. that saw me said my knee/leg was not infected but it was very, very angry & he said it was a good thing I came in. They didn’t clean the wound or wipe it but laid a moist medicated large thin pad over it & then wrapped the leg with some cottony leg wrapping & then an ace bandage very loosely. Supposed to keep dry & leave bandaging on till I see my Dr. The Ortho Urgent Care Dr. sent in a prescription for some Antibiotics to be on the safe side.

So the message here people is- go with your gut! I thought forget that nonsense of waiting to have this looked at. I’m trying to nip this in the bud as Barney Fife says!

So it was a bit of a crazy day or two- a bit stressful on the home front. I did get to see my daughter & her boyfriend, son, daughter in law & 4 month old Granddaughter later that afternoon to celebrate my 60th birthday!

Forgot to mention the Urgent Care Dr. thought I was having an allergic reaction to the Aquacel dressing.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Rubyroo TKR #2
    14409CAA-63ED-48C6-ABAB-1460382B11AD.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 122
  • [Bonesmart.org] Rubyroo TKR #2
    AF6014EE-3B26-4670-8D53-311C8BED8F37.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
@Rubyroo please keep us updated! That looks so sore and painful, I am glad you went to get it taken care of.
Belated Happy Birthday:martini::cheers2:
Always wonderful to have a baby to snuggle too!
 
@Rubyroo Gosh thank goodness you went with your gut instinct, that knee looks pretty painful and angry. I had a reaction also to the first plaster, not nearly as bad as yours, it started on my back. Huge blisters and then either side of my knee dressing, like you I made an extra trip to the hospital and the head nurse told me that 80% of patients are allergic to latex in the plasters.
I wish you speedy recovery and a very belated special 60th Birthday :martini::flwrysmile:
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom