Guest viewing is limited

TKR Rubyroo TKR #2

Rubyroo! You are doing Great, I’d say, and, you’re being so smart in resting & listening to your body After.....a good example for us all. I think that’s an important one most of us - well, me, at least, forget. I’m so excited for you!
 
@Catalien45 Thanks babe! Just trying to do baby steps. Today I vacuumed the house. Did a room, sat and elevated & watched some tube & continued doing this till I was finished. Slow process but who cares? Our washer & dryer are in our garage & we have steps leading down to garage & basement. Not wanting to even think about trying stairs yet- so I went out front door- walked around to the backyard & entered the garage that way. So I am in the process of doing some wash. And yesterday I took back over the cat box duties & cleaned it out. Took a nap after PT yesterday & will probably take one today. Been a nap lover my whole life. Although if I don’t nap I do tend to sleep better at night. Got wash in dryer and after it’s done I’ll fold it but hubby can carry it all upstairs. Feels good to begin doing a few little things. I am by no means a clean freak but our house had not been vacuumed since before my surgery & I couldn’t take it any longer. Hubby will cook, go to store, be forced to do cat box duty but he seems to be oblivious that the vacuuming needs to be done. He drives me to all my Dr. & PT appointments though and I appreciate that because I am not up for driving yet. Anyway he has done a lot & I’m trying to slowly lighten his load.:thumb:
 
You are doing so very well. Just steady progress forward. You know your limits and are being strong in setting boundaries with PT and taking your time with the daily activities “Housework” is definitely on par with a good PT workout. Your progress is inspiration to all of us on the journey and those literally taking their first painful steps in recovery. Keep up the great work in 2022.
 
I agree with Patricia! And I understand what you are saying.... my husband is, and has been, doing so much, that I try not to let things bother me that would, before my surgeries. I think men just look at much of the regular housework differently than we do. I’m able to do more & more, as time passes & I feel better. Doing more of the cooking, & enjoying it. ( although, I still Love the way he does oatmeal & a hot 8-grain cereal we both love). Letting myself tackle one big job a day. Today, it was the dreaded freezers, in our kitchen, and, the side by side in our basement. Felt good to get it done! And, I’m tired & taking it easy this afternoon. Listening to my body, learning to do that. You are pretty recent, and already you are setting some good examples. Thankyou. And keep up the good work. Btw, I got an OK from my surgeon yesterday to take baths instead of showers Yay! But, this morning, I realized just how much strength I had lost in my legs when I tried to lower myself in . Getting out was no problem, I mastered that long before my TKR, but I see I have some work to do. (Recently saw a discussion on this here.). As is so often stated on this forum, this journey is Full of surprises!
 
@Rubyroo You are a busy bee, I know the feeling regarding the cleanliness of the house and the men's tendency to ignore it, my hubby kept telling me it's fine, however a friend, called by the other day, and I was somewhat embarrassed as the floors were a tad grimey, she was really sweet and told me it didn't bother her and that I had better things to deal with but.. anyway they are now sparkling clean again, it gives one a sense of achievement, I'm now making the beds ( my husband bed always looks so messy ) and I put the washing in the machine, as we do not have a dryer, my hubby will take outdoors for me to hang..
Regarding cooking...well I'm letting them do it for a long as I can "get away with it" I usually have a awful pain around meal preparation time :heehee: :snork: not sure how long I can get away with it thou haha.
Likewise I'm not driving as yet, this is one thing I am missing is not being able to get in the car and go out, but hopefully soon, not sure when I'll be given the all clear to drive.
Wishing you a relaxing Sunday, plenty of :ice:feet up & a jolly good afternoon nap -that's what Sundays are about relaxation xxx
 
@Carol Anna Thanks! I think I am just lucky so far. I had a rough time with my RTKR in December 2019 so I’m thankful this LTKR has been easier so far! Very grateful and definitely counting my blessings & not taking it for granted. Totally chilling out today after my busy day yesterday. Iced my knee last night & I slept really late this morning- must’ve needed after my busy day. Feeling ok today- knee not bother me much but I knew I’d have to totally chill today because I have PT tomorrow. Listening to my audiobook & hanging with the three amigos (Hazel, FatCat & Reuben) & drinking tea. Hubby made me blueberry pancakes this morning.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Rubyroo TKR #2
    C622E4A2-9F15-4F97-994C-1D04173872E8.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 118
  • [Bonesmart.org] Rubyroo TKR #2
    C1F805EC-BC7D-4950-B298-6D6086427C0F.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 125
Yummy please send him this way, that pancake looks delicious you lucky girl xx Such sweet fur babies :roseshwr::kittykiss::puppysmooze:
 
Last edited:
And I love the photo of your 3 amigos! Your kitty looks a lot like our kitty Felicity. She has spots on her tummy & some on the rest of her coat, & looks tabby. She’s very spoiled, but incredibly sweet. She loves having the 3 of us together, & lately Very interested in the TV when we watch our nightly “Hercule Poirot “ episode. We both love mysteries, & the English do a really good job. Apparently, Miss Felicity thinks so too!
 
I love a good UK mystery/cop series! I think I've watched them all and am always looking out for new ones. I just finished Stay Close with Richard Armitage and James Nesbit. Love your animals @Rubyroo , so sweet!
 
@Susie-Q Where are you watching these shows you’ve mentioned? I’m always interested in good shows, books etc.

I have PT again today at 2 pm. I don’t know what my problem is but having mild anxiety about PT. Anyone else have PT anxiety?
 
Anyone else have PT anxiety?
Just remember, you are in charge! There is nothing wrong with setting limits and sticking to them. In fact, it might ease your anxiety if you discussed the plan for your visit with PT before you start. Then you will both have set expectations.
 
Yes, I always had anxiety going to PT (and the check ups with my surgeon) My PT hurt me badly one week post op, resulting in a new diagnosis of acute tendinitis in my shoulder. That experience stays with you! I felt so free when my PT and I agreed to stop PT a few days before my 8 week anniversary. I felt even freer when I left my surgeons office after my one year check up, knowing I’d never go back to him! (As you can tell, this has not been a good experience for me!)
 
Where are you watching these shows you’ve mentioned? I’m always interested in good shows, books etc.
Most of them are on Netflix but we also have Hulu, Prime, HBOmax and Showtime in addition to regular cable tv. One of these days we are going to cut the cable cord as our expenses every month for all of this are high.....

Some of the really good British shows I've enjoyed are:

Last Tango in Halifax
Happy Valley
Hinterland (from Wales)
Safe
Retribution ("One of Us" original title)
Wallander
Marcella
River
and of course The Great British Baking Show!

If you're savvy with your phone, there's a great app called "Just Watch" you can download and you can type in any show and it will tell you which streaming platform you can watch it on.
 
I still get a bit anxious when I have PT. Like Jockette, I had a really bad experience 1 week out on my LTKR and that stuck with me. I also had a not quite as bad PT experience with this RTKR. I'm working on releasing that trauma and focusing on the good experiences I've had since which definitely includes talking with my therapist each time to remind them that I will not complete exercises that feel bad.
 
I definitely tell them each time what the scoop is & will only do what I feel comfortable doing & will tell them- not doing that- but still have anxiety. It actually hasn’t been too bad with this knee- but today I’m being a weenie. Pray me up peeps!
 
Had PT today & it went well. Flexion was 118 & extension 2. Afterward I had appointment with my OS. He said my knee was doing well & my ROM was very good for being 6 weeks post op on 1-21-22 & he said he’d see me in 6 weeks & they’d take X-rays then. Today without thinking I walked normally up & down my steps to basement. I tried a few steps normally a few days ago & I did a few steps then but my knee was not digging it. I had to go down to basement a few more times this evening but I decided not to get too cocky & I just did the one step at a time shuffle. But I have to say doing the steps normally without thinking was super cool! Yay baby steps!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom