Guest viewing is limited

MUA RTKR Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking it easy today, didn't need the 5am or 9am meds so that was good! Tuesday's seem to be the days when I am the most tired...so I take it that my body is in need of some rest so that is what I am doing...
 
Hi Specieca! So glad you had a great day at PT. That is really, really good news. I know how good this makes you feel. Congrats!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Had PT today and it went well...ROM at 95..made it around on the bike again, this time with the seat a bit lower...I am having a lot of pain from my IT band where it goes across the knee....think I might have some scar tissue growing amongst it...haven't had that pain before, the pain that goes from the outside of the knee across the the knee cap area....I have been stretching and icing the IT band but doesn't really help...my knee is finally beginning to look like a knee again! Tired more than anything today, 2 days in a row..guess m body needs the rest...
 
Good job on the bike, sorry to hear about the tightness, have you tried the rolling pin? I think tomorrow PT is going to put me on the bike but if I'm hurting like I am tonight I'm begging for just a massage.
Have a great night


Brenda
 
Hahaha..I do the roller on the IT band..I've had this issue way before the surgery..just think it is slowing down my ROM. .the bike actually feels really good..I get a good stretch from it..in the beginning I didn't go all the way around..only as far as I could do get a stretch without pain :)
 
Is the iT band the one on the knee cap or above it?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok, thought it might be above it on the quad. That's where my problems are.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The good ol' IT band....
[Bonesmart.org] RTKR Done!
IT can be very stealthy for most of one's life, but, when it shows up (always uninvited) it does not take the hints to leave very well at all.
 
This IT band **** is the pits! I cannot believe how tight the thing is! Had PT today and guess what...I hit 100 ROM! Pretty excited...also discovered that its not a good idea to go 24 hours with out pain meds AND forget to take the tylenol with you when you are out of the house....tapering down the right way this time...Have a busy week ahead with pups, kitties ad bunnies...Hope everyone has a great weekend...
 
I feel your pain with the IT band! I had issues with it before my surgery and even though I stretch 15 minutes four to five times a day or mores dip use a foam roller it's still tight!!!! I only went to PT once this week on Monday and it's still tight. I believe it's causing issues with my ROM and my gait. Best of luck to you!
 
my PT told me that in one of her classes they discussed a study where a doctor took an IT band and hung a weight on the end of it and measured it before and after 24 hours with the weight attached...it didn't stretch at all..it isn't made out of "stretchy" material, the band is made out of very thick fibrous tissues...thought that was interesting...
 
Well those muscles and ligaments in our legs have to be tough to take and do all we do with them. Unfortunately, we sometimes have to much of a good thing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
PT was cancelled today..had some petsit's this weekend and walked a couple of pups...and of course as I was walking one thru some wooded area my foot didn't come off the ground completely and then caught a branch..I went flying forward but caught my self before landing on my face...my knee bent a bit more than it wanted to but no damage done..today it is just a little sore in places in wasn't yesterday...every day there is something new to discover!
 
Ouch, glad you were not injured. I am paranoid about falling so have stayed on flat surfaces so far.


Brenda
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Pax
Ditto that, Brenda! I stay on smooth surfaces as much as possible right now, once my quad gets stronger maybe I'll be as brave as Spencieca.
 
You guys crack me up..I was on a sailboat week 5/6 and walked around a bit..I'm get antsy to go walking on the trails..very soon I keep telling myself..going to Santa Barbara for a couple of days this week so maybe I will get to go on a short hike :)
 
@Spencica, So glad you hit ROM of 100! Congratulations


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
You might want to consider some knee pads when your on the trails. That way if you do fall, the damage might be shielded by the pads if you do hit a knee. I just have this vision of you trying to hold back a bunch of dogs all chasing a rabbit.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
hahahah WB, you know me too well! I was walking 2 "pullers" yesterday and I have to admit that Im not back to 100% yet that is for sure! Hubby said no hiking yet, so we get to go to the beach instead!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom