TKR RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im upset FOR YOU! They are treating you terribly. Is there someone in your family that can contact the Dr, the head nurse, the head of the hospital? You should be focusing on getting better, not how to get the staff to help you. Im so sorry this is happening to you....HUGS :console2:
 
I thought today I would shower myself. I managed that big clap for me. I sat out of bed until my knee was tpo sore. The OS came into see me and why I was on the bed asked me to bend my knee. Ii did as he requested. He snapped at me it wasnt good enough, you have to bend it Icant do it for you.

He asked why was I not taking the Endone to which I replied the staff are concerned so he tolf the nurse to give them for me. He was abrupt but I didnt deserve
 
The pt came and seen me he said my range is 60% but he is pleased with that. We changed my walker from a FASF to a pick ip frame with 2 wheels & 2 gliders.

My gf came in and washed my hair and styled it what a pamper.

I need to have a little rest Im really feeling zapped.
 
You poor thing, no one seems very nice. I do not understand the OS barking at you about the degree of your bend, especially this early. Thank goodness your PT was much nicer and more realistic with what is going on. My bend last week was only about 66-75 and I am a day ahead of you. Nice that you had some pampering from your friend, you deserve it. Hang in there, you are doing well for where you are.
 
Dear Donna,I have read all the post I'm so sorry you are going throgpugh all of this. Wish I could be there and give you hug and tell you things will get better. I had low BP too it was the pain med that was doing it to me but I was also taking BP meds and had to tell the nurses that I could not take them well on pain medication and would you believe I'm home monitoring my blood pressure and I'm still not taking them and now I'm only on aleeve. Please speak with your doctor about the nurses bad attitude you should get meds for pain and they need to bring you ice! Here is a hug :console2: please take care.
just me, Linda
 
Donna, You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Praying the pain is being managed and that you're doing better. GOD Bless
 
Well I took a stand today. Told the male nurse I wanted to see my OS who had surgery on this afternoon. To also get the nurse unit nanager cause I am sick of being nrglected. I am in pain and like anyone else in the hosp has a right to be treated with respect and dignity. The surgeon came and said whats up? I said Im in pain and I want you to chart me something the staff are not going to argue with me to get. I want icing and elevation on a regular basis. I shouldnt have to chase staff for service after this TKR.

He said your allergic reaction has the staff scared and I said how about me?? Im in pain Im scared.

So he recharted everything AGAIN and said you do not have to buzz for this it will come auomatic. I have 10mg Endone and 10mg Nospan patch. Lets see if this works.

My BP has been low so he is concerned about that still.

Bruising is so black, i got to see my xrays today so I see my little bit of AMERICA.

Thanks for all the kind words hopefully by the weekend I will be home.
 
Good for you. It is a shame you had to do this to get appropriate care but very strong of you. Hopefully, your BP will settle down and soon you will be home where you can have more control over your environment.

The bruising is quite interesting and the colors it does. My OP PT suggested I massage my leg or have hubby massage it lightly moving upward to disperse the bruising. I did it for myself and it did help some and now I am into the multi color scheme of purple to yellow depending where you look.

Good luck getting home soon.
 
Another bad day- BP is getting lower. PT was happy with my session today he gave me a skate board to ise yo slide under the chair. Im up to 75 today. They focus on the numbers alot.

I will hopefully be going home soon. I miss my bed and my belongings.

Have not seen my wound its still got a dressing.

Im not impressed waking in the middle of the night, a quick bathroom break but leg is hot and swollen. Anyone else have that problem?
 
Mine was hot and is still warm though decreasing now. Are they providing icing and elevation for you in the hospital because that would really help with the swelling which would decrease the heat also probably. Ask for help getting pillows for under your legs.
 
Yes and help with the rom that they are so focused on. Well done to you Donna for taking such a stand and facing up to your
Non empathic OS. Sooner you get out of there, and friends and family can look after you the better. Your experience sounds so unpleasant
, and it could have been better with caring staff. You are doing just fine, there is no rush about any of this!! :console2:
 
Oh my, so very sorry for your difficulties. You have a good support group here based on the folks following you. Hang in there!
 
Thank you all for checking up on me, after an upsetting night I informed the staff this morning I would be coming home today. So here I am at long last home. I was writing everything down the the ph rang and I lost the information I had wrote.

Im just going to gave a little rest and then update you all.

Thank you doesnt seem like a big enough word to express how I feel for all the warmth and friendships I have felt here over the past weeks leading up to the surgery.

I can tell where I was on medication and not wearing my glasses from what I wrote lol.

Anyway thank you and I will be navk after I ice and have a snooze.
 
I am so pleased you are home. Rest, ice elevate and recover.
Enjoy your own surroundings,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Glad you are at home. Have a lovely restoring sleep..there is nowhere as comforting as home!! :sleep:
 
Enjoy home and rest.
 
Home Sweet Home!

Take care!
 
Glad you're home and resting. I hope is pain is being managed better. How is your bp? I had the same problem, found out it was from one of my medications that I was taking before the surgery. Once I stopped taking it, my bp came up and I was able to stand up. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Jane - I think mine is related to medication I have been taking pre surgery too. I have stopped them so hopefully BP will improve now.

I have new bruising coming out. Plus my ankle and foot is driving me crazy with pain. Has anyone else had a problem with their foot?
 
Are you elevating and icing. Does the foot and ankle look swollen. Swelling may be the cause so elevate and ice the knee and elevate with toes above nose and see if it helps.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom