Lounge Doctor

THR RTHR At home and doing well

OP
OP
R

Raftin21

Country
United States United States
Thank you for sending, I’ll definitely read it! It was planned to make my right longer because they are replacing the left in a couple of months. My OS said it would be noticeably different in length, but he will even them up on the next surgery.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello :wave:
Stopping by to wish you a Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I see you’re only a little over two weeks away from double hippy status. I hope your pain is manageable enough so you can enjoy the weekend.

Please stay in touch, we‘re here to cheer you on as you prepare for and heal from your next surgery.
Happy Saturday!
@Raftin21

OP
OP
R

Raftin21

Country
Hi! Thank you so much! I spent my three month anniversary whitewater rafting and kayaking for 9 days!!! The new hip worked wonderfully, bit sore at times, but was amazing (the left was cranky and reminded me often of why I need this next surgery!). I did say on the trip “I don’t think I need PT... just a whitewater rafting trip :heehee:“ I definitely put the new hip to the test and it did great!

I will for sure be in touch on the next one, you all were amazing and got me thru the first. I can’t believe it’s already in just 2 weeks!!! I am ready and not ready all at the same time.

OP
OP
R

Raftin21

Country
Getting ready for my second hip replacement tomorrow! Can’t believe it’s already here. Feel nervous, but much more prepared than last time!!!

see ya all on the other side!!!

:flwrysmile:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Wishing you all the best as you begin healIng. Hopefully surgery is over and you’re resting comfortably with pain well managed. I look forward to following your recovery thread on the healing side. Hope to see you there soon!
@Raftin21

OP
OP
R

Raftin21

Country
Hi! Thank you for the well wishes. All went great and I am at home with lots of ice! I actually slept decent last night, so excited. Feeling much better at this point than I did last time! Fingers crossed the trend continues.

One question, the Oxy makes me itchy, do you guys have any recommendations to help reduce this?

thanks so much and I am so happy being on the other side! Looking forward to having two healthy working hips!
:roseshwr:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Some online info on Oxy Itching -
Itching is a common complaint among people who take oxycodone. Research shows that opioids bind to receptors in the nervous system that activate itching. Itching sometimes resolves on its own with continued use of oxycodone.

Consider a call into your surgeons office if you‘re miserable and it continues, they may recommend an antihistamine or another solution to alleviate the itch. Sorry you have to deal with this as you begin healing.
Wishing you comfort and speedy relief.
@Raftin21

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Countrybumpkin
Recent bookmarks