Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, susan Yeah for you, you're on your way to better and better! I remember The jaunts around the house and how much work every singlle step was. God bless ya. You're doing great. Really before you know it you'll be shopping and running errands checking the mail, in time but it's coming. And you'll look back and say how did that happen? It does get better and we'll coach you through.
Beach, I'm watching the Roloff's little people. They are in ORegon right? Beautiful out there. So happy for you with the biking. you go girl.

Yes, Susan! You are off to a very good start! Exercises twice a day is about right for that stage. When they want you to do more they will tell you---- I found out that 6 times a day is NOT 3 times better! Patience, my girl and be persistent and kind to yourself.

Jen--- yes, the Roloff's live about 25 miles from me.... there have been some minor scandals swirling around them the past few months--- can't remember exactly what.....

It is beautiful here--- we are cleaning carpets (couldn't stand it ONE MORE DAY) and then IF I have any back and knee oomph left I am going outside to tidy up the deck before the rains start again.
 
Mr. Roloff was arrested for DUI, but he got off. Turns out he was using his wife's car (both are fitted for smaller folks to drive) and hers was a bit different from his, so he appeared to be driving drunk, but was not. The family seems to have lots of drama regardless... makes for better TV.
 
Susan58
7 days post-op(Bi-Lat TKR). 2 percocets about every 5 hours. Walking with with walker to bathroom and around house 2x day. Exercises 2x daily.


Susan, you are doing great at only 1 week out!! How wonderful! Are you able to keep pain under control? If so, it's not too early to start working that knee for as much bend and straightening as you can get several times a day when you think about it. Congratulations!!!
 
Hang in there---the road ahead is challenging but is indeed worth every ounce of energy and perspiration that you put into it. PT will be onerous and at times brutal, but the harder you work, the more you will gain---and the more of your past life and loves you will get back in return.

You will be asked to perform activites in your rehab that seem overwhelmingly challenging, but you will do them, and in doing so, you will gain abilites and confidence that you had lost to arthritis in the past.

Do not let the pain win. Keep pushing yourself a little more each day, and you will vanquish the pain and the frustration from your life.

Tim C.

BTW---I had a Bilateral TKR on 11/08/07---5 1/2 months out now and things are coming along very well. There are still a few bumps in the road here and there, but wow---what a diffeence my life is today. Biking, umping, just doing things now without the pain.
 
I had RTKR on March 13, 6 weeks post-op. My ROM is 90-95 flex, 1-2 on the extension. I know that everyone recovers at different paces, but thought I might be a bit further along on the flex. So glad to have had the surgery and will need to have my left one done, although in a few years.

Will be praying for you Susan. You are on your way!!!
 
Mr. Roloff was arrested for DUI, but he got off. Turns out he was using his wife's car (both are fitted for smaller folks to drive) and hers was a bit different from his, so he appeared to be driving drunk, but was not. The family seems to have lots of drama regardless... makes for better TV.

Skeet you're in OR also aren't you. They had that as one of the episodes but I di'dn't see it. I don't go out of my way to watch them, just catch it sometimes. Not too violent or vulgar.
 
O.K., I give...What in the heck are you all talking about??
 
TV show on TLC channel Big world Little people. Matt & amy rolof are dwarfs, have 4 kids 3 normal, 1 dwarf, Reality Tv family drama.
 
Thanks..I'm sitting here watching the Deadliest Catch.
 
Yeah, that is a total man show. Every guy I know likes it.
 
Is it one of the Alaska Crab episodes? Scott used to be a commercial fisherman (crab and shrimp) and certainly has some interesting stories to tell.... watching those shows has given me a glimpse into his life before I knew him.
 
I was watching American Justice, Cold Case, and now the Cuban Missle Crisis Declassified. Watched several rounds of the NFL draft. Watched NASCAR. Been a slow day with no energy. That's often the case by Sunday. Church takes all my energy (getting ready, driving 30 minutes, church service, socializing, 30 minutes back to home) and my husband has been complaining of severe knee pain today, so we just sat back and relaxed. Now I'm watching my older son mow the lawn. He loves that tractor!
 
And I heard about Mr. Rolof on the Portland News stations when he had his trial. My kids watch the show and filled in the blanks for me. I'm not much into them. Too much drama for one family in my opinion. But, like I said, it makes for good TV, I guess.
 
We go to church sunday AM and eve. And wed. night. 3 to thrive they say.
 
I like deadliest catch, too. Makes me appreciate that I don't have to fish for a living. It's hard work with lots of danger.
 
Skeet, I lived in Key West during the Cuban Missile Crisis. My dad was stationed aboard a nuclear sub tender. When it all went bad, my dad came home, grabbed his sea bag, hugged us and was gone. When we asked where he was going, all he said was "don't know". All the navy wives sat around in groups watching the t.v.
 
My brother was in Turkey responsible for the missles pointed at the old USSR. We didn't know about what he did at the time as it was classified.
 
In school, did you all have to get under your desks and cover your heads for protection from the nuclear bombs???
Those people were crazy..
It's like showing me the life vest on an airplane..When have they found survivors wearing life vests?
 
Skeet, I lived in Key West during the Cuban Missile Crisis. My dad was stationed aboard a nuclear sub tender. When it all went bad, my dad came home, grabbed his sea bag, hugged us and was gone. When we asked where he was going, all he said was "don't know". All the navy wives sat around in groups watching the t.v.

Hey, Doug. I can relate to your story. When I came home from school, my Dad had HIS bag packed and in the entryway. He kissed Mom and me goodbye and went to the office. He was at Richards-Gebaur AFB and worked in the Top Secret SAGE building. My Mom was in tears almost and I was just numb. A very scary time for sure!! And all we did was sit around and watch the television until the crisis was over and he came back home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom