Guest viewing is limited

Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
"saw Patti had the poo". Priceless... Only nine posts and she knows her!!!
 
4 weeks post op
ROM 115 can quite extend as well as I should (but couldn't do it pre op either)
tylonol during the days, Vicodin's at night and sometimes after PT

Just the facts, Ma'am
 
I'm Jo - site moderator and resident 'expert'
[Bonesmart.org] Roll Call


I haven't had any joint replacements yet but am heading that way slowly.
[Bonesmart.org] Roll Call





And I love smileys!
[Bonesmart.org] Roll Call

 
Hey Jo, is that a chicken in reference to having joint repalcement? Don't be chicken, we'll advise you. We know a great lady who teaches us all kinds of stuff.
 
I'm Lyn, 19 weeks, feel good, walk good, up and down stairs fine, on occasion still have some swelling and little pain, nothing compared to what i had before surgery. I was looking at some pictures from a couple of years ago when my son decorated his house for xmas and dressed like santa and insisted I dress like an elf, I was 58 and a pudge ball and he had me in stripped leggings and shorts and well I won't go on, it was a scary sight, but I am getting off the track here, in the pictures my legs were so bent and deformed looking I could not believe it, now they are are like normal such a thrill. I would do it all again. Hugs to you all for being here . Lyn
 
Patti, are you feeling more rested today? I've been thinking about you and your non-stop schedules....hoping that you're allowing yourself a little down time to recoup from your busy work week!
 
Sue, six months post right TKR yesterday. 52, overweight but have lost 45 lbs in the past 18 months, including about 15 lbs since surgery. I am doing great most of the time.

I sell on eBay and now I can haul boxes around! I've reorganized my eBay inventory, have sold lots of stuff, can haul it off to the Post Office to mail it, etc.

I have also expanded my vegetable garden and am doing all sorts of work out there, including sod busting.

I just have to remember to ice and elevate when I overdo things. Otherwise no problems here. I am extremely glad I had the surgery.
 
CharlieAnn

12 weeks post-op and I am feeling great. I am doing all the things that I have put off for the last two years because of knee pain...yardwork, going to Curves, picking strawberries. Unfortunately, my other knee has played out so I am going to have a TKR on it the first of June. I only hopes it goes as well as the first. The past two nights were the first time I did not wake up with knee pain. I hope it lasts.
 
Hi, I'm Lynne. I will be 21 weeks post op on the 21st BLTKR. I will be 58 next Friday. I have been hobbling for about 15 years and it is amazing to finally be able to walk like a normal person. It took some rigorous PT to get here, I had walked "stiff legged" for so long, I had to re-learn how to walk and bend my knees! Now I don't even have to think about it. My left knee, which was my "worst" knee pre op, is now my most challenged knee. I am struggling to get it past 100°ROM, which makes it difficult to get on my street bike. My stationery bike gets easier as time goes by. I live in a 3 level house and I can go up the stairs relatively un-challenged. But considering how I had to go up and down one stair at a time and bent over so there was no weight on the joint, just to be upright is something to celebrate.It is a little more difficult going down. I feel as I loose weight it should become easier. Thank you Weight Watchers! I do however have to decide if I want to get the manipulation by May 3rd. I am weighing the pros and cons, so far the cons out weigh the pros! I Rarely take meds, and have not taken the anti-inflamatories since Thanksgiving. I had taken them for over 15 years. I do not use my handicap permit anymore, I want the exercise from walking into and around the stores. I mowed the yard Thursday, pushed the mower around the perimeter and around my 7 rose bushes, and rode the riding mower for the rest. The push mower was a little harder to push than I had remembered but I am sure that will get easier as the summer goes on. I do not regret having the surgery, my only regret is that I did not do it sooner! This forum is the GREATEST!!!!! Luv y'all!
 
I was looking at some pictures from a couple of years ago when my son decorated his house for xmas and dressed like santa and insisted I dress like an elf, I was 58 and a pudge ball and he had me in stripped leggings and shorts and well I won't go on, it was a scary sight, but I am getting off the track here, in the pictures my legs were so bent and deformed looking I could not believe it, now they are are like normal such a thrill. I would do it all again. Hugs to you all for being here . Lyn

Lynn, would love to see the before and after photos, can you send them on to Patti?
 
Sue, well done it must feel great!!

Charlie Ann, great knews about your success. Good luck with your next surgery.

Blondie Sounds like you are doing really well too. I am also being considered for an MUA. I am still at 89-90, I would just like to be able to do the stairs properly again and bend down and play with my grandaughter properly.
 
Debbi from Enfield, Connecticut
I will be 5 months post op on the 27th of April. I cant really complain much, I just have to give in at night to taking a pain pill. but that is getting to be 2 or 3 times a week. THe only thing I really see is now I know how bad my left knee is and wanting to have the replacemnet sooner that go thru years of pain.

Debbi
 
Hi all - Charlene here from Los Angeles, CA. I'm 47 and almost 3 weeks post op TKR. Just reached 80 on CPM and walking with a cane now. Pain is intense during PT but i'm proud of myself when done. I'm trying to figure out how to post a pic - seeing a lot of your photos was cool! Can't wait to get out of the support stocking - hate it. LOVE THIS SITE
 
Tim here...a beautiful day on the North coast. did yard work and then rode 11 miles...tomorrow I plan for 11 or 12 miles. I had a bilateral on November 8th---that makes it about 5 1/2 months, I'd say. Still get a little tightness in the IT Band...but life is good. I am supposed to umpire four games this week, but they are actually talking about 1 inch of rain tomorrow night and maybe some snow on Tuesday into Wednesday.

I haven't ben on any pain meds since around New Years. I believe I was on Percocet for less than two months.

I packed the exercise bike away--now I commute to school on my bike at least 2-3 days a week. I hope to put about 1000-1200 miles on my bike before September.
 
Good goal Tim...
I was watching my son in Kenpo last night and decided I want to train to do some sparing again.. A lofty goal. Our sparing is full contact with three minute rounds.
I cleaned my garage today so I can get to my heavy bag and start doing some training tomorrow. I haven't done any kicks since the surgery so I will really start slow and test things... I'm going to quit lifting for upper body and go with very high rep floor exercises.
I'll stick with my gym for lower body.
 
Hey Tim,

It wasn't 11 miles--- but I rode my bike for the first time since my surgery today! It was beautiful here today and I just had to try! It was a little scary the first push-off--would it really go around or would I topple off and crash?
No problem---once I remembered to breathe--- and off we went. We probably rode a couple of miles, but it was a start. Everytime we got to another street--- Scott would say "turn now? You know you have to ride all the way back, too" I finally said ok--- and we went back. The last couple of blocks were a little wobbly and I hit the ice packs when I got home.

But hey--- it's a start! You're an inspiration!


Tim here...a beautiful day on the North coast. did yard work and then rode 11 miles...tomorrow I plan for 11 or 12 miles. I had a bilateral on November 8th---that makes it about 5 1/2 months, I'd say. Still get a little tightness in the IT Band...but life is good. I am supposed to umpire four games this week, but they are actually talking about 1 inch of rain tomorrow night and maybe some snow on Tuesday into Wednesday.

I haven't ben on any pain meds since around New Years. I believe I was on Percocet for less than two months.

I packed the exercise bike away--now I commute to school on my bike at least 2-3 days a week. I hope to put about 1000-1200 miles on my bike before September.
 
Yeah Carolyn, You did something fun! That is inspirational for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom